MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso installed!

nordaaa

127 posts in this topic

This Universal Install DVD has screwed up permissions on specific kexts, namely:

ApplePS2Controller.kext

AudioIPCDriver.kext

AppleMLANAudio.kext

AppleHDA.kext

The issue can be fixed by loading up terminal and typing:

cd /System/Library/Extensions

sudo find nameofkext.kext -type d -exec /bin/chmod 0755 {} \;

sudo find nameofkext.kext -type f -exec /bin/chmod 0644 {} \;

Disk Utility will not fix the problem automatically.

I Have the Original Disck

Create the dmg, and converter to ISO file...

Apply patch the maxxuss for 10.4.5

RUN the VMware, and select the Boot CD

This the error message:

No booteable cd was detected... bla bla bla

The maxxuss patch run in the Original DVD OSX ?

thxx

post-28834-1143256416_thumb.jpg

I Have the Original Disck

Create the dmg, and converter to ISO file...

Apply patch the maxxuss for 10.4.5

RUN the VMware, and select the Boot CD

This the error message:

No booteable cd was detected... bla bla bla

The maxxuss patch run in the Original DVD OSX ?

thxx

The original Restore Disc is NOT bootable or patchable.

You need a pre-patched ISO.

Download Complete...

Burn the ISO in the DVD disk, and restar PC.

DVD run ok...

On load Darwin as ocured the error:

sh-2.05b#

Run infinite loop.

HELP PLEASE!!!

Mi PC:

AMD64 +2800 (754)

K8MM-V

1 GB RAM

etc, etc..

post-28834-1143487104_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I have the same ISO, but still Problems!

I have installed MacOS X once, but the system hangs on startup.

So I decided to install OS X another time. If I want to deselect the amd-Patch(I have an Intel - CPU) so I have to see, that I can't, because all the items are greyed out and I cant't select or deselect.

What can I do???

Can I uninstall the unneeded patches after installation?

I have 10.4.3 running fine on my system but when I upgrade to 10.4.5 my keyboard and mouse are not detected and do not work obviously could the screwed up permissions listed above be causing the problem.

try fixing the permissions of the ApplePS2Controller and see what happens, worked for me :blink:

Hy all, Im new in this forum. So Im Snaper from Hungary...and sorry but I speak/write not so good english.

So I have 2 questions for you :

1. My PC configuration is :

AMD Sempron 2500+

1G Ram

DVD-CD drives

AC97 Onboard sound

SIS Onboard VGA

...and SIS chipset motherboard.

So...

Can I install the MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2).iso to my config?

and the next question...I make music and I have a little home studio, so Logic 7 running under this Universal OSX?

Thanks.

myzar, i downloaded you iso too and tried it.

there are several differences i found directly after the installation without any change of configuration:

1. your version has no gui boot

2. you got a boot prompt which waits for parameter input

3. other way of patch selection: your version: maxxussowned, amd and intel_10.4.5_update

i got: amd_base, intel_base, sse3, sse2, nforce_via_sata_patch

that's are just facts i try to present with no opinion. there are no further differences as far as i am concerned.

Ok,

first off.....

Myzar can you please post the name of your .iso? I got the image that this thread was about, the 10.4.5 patched for amd and intel.

I've got an AMD athlon 64. I know that I've only got the SSE2, but does your patch work for the AMD's? What do I need to do to get this to work?

Secondly, does anyone know if I should just try the 10.4.3 first? Then upgrade?

try fixing the permissions of the ApplePS2Controller and see what happens, worked for me :happymac:

I got the same problem with that DVD install.. everything is fine except sound and controllers.. I can boot to see the apple screen

my problem is I can't use the keyboard after booting in OSX..even in safe mode.. so no terminal

Is there an other way to fix the permissions like editing a text file somewhere? (I'm thinking of acces and edit the mac files with a software like mediafour macdrive.. via windows or equivalent from linux..) does it sound possible? any other idea?

myzar, i downloaded you iso too and tried it.

there are several differences i found directly after the installation without any change of configuration:

1. your version has no gui boot

2. you got a boot prompt which waits for parameter input

3. other way of patch selection: your version: maxxussowned, amd and intel_10.4.5_update

i got: amd_base, intel_base, sse3, sse2, nforce_via_sata_patch

that's are just facts i try to present with no opinion. there are no further differences as far as i am concerned.

1) that's good, people saying it hangs at the grey screen is worthless to understand the problem

2) same as above

3) this is pointless since that iso doesn't work with amd making any further discussion worthless

4) that iso doesn't work with amd that's the main difference :)

Hi!

I have the same problem.

I have tried several versions of Mac OS and they all give me errors. I am tired of spending days and weeks downloading 4 G of {censored} soft that does not work. Please help.

I am using the MaC.OsX.10.4.5.Universal.Install.DVD(INTEL_AMD_SSE3_SSE2) version now.

So I start installation with -v option and these are the last lines displeyed:

display> family specific matching fails

USB caused wake event (EHCI)

IOATController device blocking bus.

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency

Extension "com.apple.driver.iTunesPhoneDriver" has no kernel denendency

AppleHDA.kext failed to load: unable to locate 'layout-id' property

AppleIntelPIIXATA: ICH7 SATA (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xffa0)

And now endless time of

Still waiting for root device

What the hell? I've seen others succesfully install on P5LD2 motherboard with SATA drive like mine.

My comp:

ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe

Pentium D 830

1GB RAM

Nvidia FX6600 128MB

One drive SATA 250 GB drive

One DVD Writer Plextor PX-708A

Can I be the first to recommend something?

Can we get a short, CLEAR sticky in the install forum of what installer ISO is needed for Intel and AMD?

There are WAY TOO MANY patches, names, add ons, etc.. floating around and confusing people. Some of the vets even in the chat room are a bit confused and can't agree on what to look for or not. The sticky should only be editable by forum admins.

This sticky should be very clear as to what is needed, what ISO is good or not, and what is most current. What has the patch applied to it, and what does not.

It seems that there's some frustration going around with new guys coming in and doing the same thing over and over. Every forum, everywhere in the world has the exact same problem with n00bs. We all know it.

To the vets here, Myzar and Maxxuss, and the rest. Please understand one thing.

To guys like me, you guys are GODS. Understand something. I own and run a PC repair shop here in Portland Oregon. The very idea of running both WinXP and OS X on my Ferrari laptop is enough to make me want to donate to someone's college fund. To the rest of the guys here I'm sure the same thing holds true. You guys are Gods among mere men. But there's been no maintainence of the sheer flood of information on this site. Every once in a while we need to stop EVERYTHING, take a break and just take some time to update everyone all at once and say:

"Ok, here's where we're at. All ISO's, obviously, will install on Intel chipsets. Those using AMD, here's the current ISO name xxxxx.x....x...xxxxx and its been patched and ready for TESTING. Here's where we're at with network drivers, audio, video, bluetooth, etc..."

I personally would like (note that I don't EXPECT) to have an ISO all setup and patched and ready to go, without having to go back and read and decipher if I need to get the 10.4.3 ISO, then patch it to AMD, then get the MAXXUSS ppf patch, then....you get the point. I also understand that that might not be possible due to technical problems or reasons.

I work for a living, as I'm sure you guys do as well. I really DON'T have the time to wade through all that stuff. Its bad enough I'm managing an offsite SBS2003 server for a client, plus taking daily onsite calls and such. So please be patient and understand that we mere mortals, while pushy and bitchy and whiney, do still have you up on that pedastal, we just want everything to work right now, the way we want it to work and we just want to do what we want to do!

Anyways, a good clear sticky and an update or summary of our current status would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks for all your hard work you guys.

JT

Owner

Spaceage Computers

www.spaceage-computers.com

"ahmm....pls reply to my question...work the OSX 10.4.x with my f*ckin' AMD Sempron 2500+ or not?"

See, this is what I'm talking about. You guys need to suck it up a bit and do a minimum of research. Run CPU-Z. Check your specs. Not only that, but don't get your panties in a twist if no one answers you.

Aside from that Snaper, you need to understand that your AMD is just that...AMD. NOT Intel. Since its not an intel, dont EXPECT it to just work.

I know what you're thinking in your mind....that one dark corner of your mind that you wont admit to...

You're thinking,...."Golly...it works for others on their AMD processor. Will it work on mine?" But in that dark crack of your brain, you KNOW that it probably wont because it was never MEANT to.

If you're tech savy enough to WANT to install OS X on your AMD system, you should be savy and mature enough to understand that it just might not.

Get a grip. At least come here with some knowledge.