iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 Released!

Jack Layne

91 posts in this topic

worked great on my Intel PC :pirate2:

http://paste2.org/p/73330

OS: Mac OSX86 Leopard 10.5.4, XP-32 Pro SP3, Vista-32 Ultimate SP1

Multiboot Bootloader: GRUB4DOS v0.4.3

Tested & Worked OSX86: iATKOS 1.0ir3, Kalyway 10.5.1, Kalyway 10.5.2»10.5.4, iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4

CPU: Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3066 MHz

Mobo: Abit IP35-E (ICH9, JMicron IDE Controller) <-- ICHx Fixed, JMicronATA

LAN : Marvell Yukon 88E8056 <- AppleYukon2

Audio: Realtek ALC888 <-- Line Out, Line In, Mic.

DDR2: 2x Corsair CM2X1024-6400 1024 MB, 2x A-Data Extreme PC2-6400 512 MB

Display: ASUS NVidia 8600GT 256MB, SyncMaster 932GW DVI, 1440x900@75Hz <- NVinject 0.2.1 512MB, CI QE widescreen working

HDD: WD Raptor 150GB (Windows) on SATA#1, WD 320GB (OSx86) on SATA#2, Seagate 250GB on SATA#5

ODD: Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1S on SATA#6, Samsung TSSTcorp DVD-ROM SH-D162C PATA

Mouse & Key: HP Cordless 2.4GHz

PSU: FSP BlueStrom II 500W

Case: Aerocool S-55

Speaker: Edifier 2.1

Addon#1: PCI-to-IDE SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid <- currently no driver for osx :(

Addon#2: Thermaltake iCage Drive Module

Addon#3: Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem

th_d9c917b2.png . th_6c6a30cc.png <--click

c3605687.png

483bd710.jpgDSC00029-01.jpg

Post install fix: AppleSMBIOS-27 rev.6 by mac.nub

2de896ad.pngth_bd2fe269.png <--click

Thank you very much.. Layne & iDeneb Team, and all OSx86 developers

:P:D:thumbsup_anim:

Just wanted to say thanks for the best build in my experience. Pretty much everything worked right out of the box, and all I needed to do was change the NVCAP string for my graphics card, which is an issue on my end not yours. It's stable and has what's probably the best collection of drivers and additional software. Chameleon is great, too.

My only suggestion for future versions is to include the English version of Firefox instead of Italian since all the other software included is English. Also, NTFS-3G would be a nice touch. Keep up the good work!

update:

ideneb still the best distro i've ever used, i tried others and it seems that you have to tweak it before it works (ie, ps2 keyboard/mouse, "still waiting for root device", etc)

may i suggest in your next release, could you add dawin bootloader on -s.

i use iatkos to install darwin bootloader after a restore from timemachine. if you could add this, then i dont have to use other distro's

just a suggestion.

thanks again ideneb FTW!

I just installed iDeneb 10.5.4 Leopard, all works fine on my AMD X2 5000+ and ASUS M3A (AMD700+SB600) (some patch to IOATAFamily for property SATA and PATA work is required)

But I have a very strange problem! When I starts any PPC application (such as Bits on Wheels or others) or starting any UB application with Rosetta i have a message what "application quit unexpectedly"...

Where could be the problem?! Can I reinstall Rosetta or any other methods your can provide for me..?

Please help.)

Sorry for bad english<

Search is doesn't help me(

P.S. Before that i setup Kalyway 10.5.2 + update 10.5.4 by 4minds and haven't this problem (but system starts works very unstable that's why I use iDeneb... iDeneb in principle is very and very good release, but this problem..

I installed this into my laptop:

Acer 4520g:

Chipset: MCP67MV

Video: nVidia 8400G

Sound: ALC268S

LAN: RTL8211B PHY

Wireless: Atheros

I selected the following in the customize dialog:

AMD Patch

Chipset: I tried AppleNForceATA and AppleNForceATA Test but found my hdd... but not my dvd... as far as i know... this is the driver that should handle both my hdd and odd...

Kernel: Kernel 9.4.0 Modbin

Ethernet: Forcedeth

Fix: ACPI-Fix

ApplePS2Controller - I'm not sure if our keyboard is ps/2 or the trackpad is ps/2 but selected it to be safe...

IOUSBFamilyFixVideo - this fixed my usb flashdrive detection

Video: NVinject 0.2.1 per 128

currently i have no sound... and no optical drive... weird coz i installed via dvd... so it means on the dvd... it loaded the proper driver for the optical drive but after install... it's no longer detected...

can someone help me with my issues here...

thanks in advance...

I installed this into my laptop:

Acer 4520g:

Chipset: MCP67MV

Video: nVidia 8400G

Sound: ALC268S

LAN: RTL8211B PHY

I selected the following in the customize dialog:

AMD Patch

Chipset: I tried AppleNForceATA and AppleNForceATA Test but found my hdd... but not my dvd... as far as i know... this is the driver that should handle both my hdd and odd...

Kernel: Kernel 9.4.0 Modbin

Ethernet: Forcedeth

Fix: ACPI-Fix

ApplePS2Controller - I'm not sure if our keyboard is ps/2 or the trackpad is ps/2 but selected it to be safe...

IOUSBFamilyFixVideo - this fixed my usb flashdrive detection

Video: NVinject 0.2.1 per 128

currently i have no sound... and no optical drive... weird coz i installed via dvd... so it means on the dvd... it loaded the proper driver for the optical drive but after install... it's no longer detected...

can someone help me with my issues here...

thanks in advance...

Hi UlyLee,

You can try this kext to see if DVD will be detected.

Chun-Nan

AppleATAPort.kext.zip

Very good release, thanks. Installed this on my Acer Extensa 5620 laptop yesterday (downloaded a v1 torrent and patched it to v1.1). Here's my findings:

-I've used Kalaway and JaS in the past. They worked, but not 100% stable. iDeneb v1.1 is 100% stable, and noticeably faster! 10.5.4 flies on this HackBook.

-I have an Atheros (5006) Wifi card. Though I checked the Atheros option during setup, it isn't detected. I installed the IO80211 file (located elsewhere) to solve it.

-Battery wasn't detected. To correct it, I installed the latest modded power management bundle (located elsewhere). Now seems to work fine.

-X3100 Intel graphics work wonderful. Fully accellerated, no visible glitches.

-Unless you speak Italian, don't bother choosing to install Firefox from the list of included applications. You have to download and install the English version anyway.

-iLife '08 and Office '08 install fine. After doing online Apple updates on iLife, OSX didn't seem to want to boot. After a few tries it worked perfect, though, with no further issues.

-Upgraded to iTunes8 and the latest Quicktime via Software Update without a problem.

Overall, wonderful job. The bundled apps are very helpful, aside from Firefox. I'm waiting for a reliable method to update to 10.5.5 (tried just for fun; gets about halfway through then KP's. Won't start thereafter due to the Intel CPU calls not responding).

Need some help on my desktop! Can't seem to get it right, could it be caused by my graphic card?

Here are the spec for the desktop.

Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer Inc PFP800 (Intel i865P/PE/G/i848P)

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz

CPU instructions: MMX, SSE, SSE2

Ram: 2gb (probably 667)

Hard Disk: 320gb IDE (empty)

Graphic: ATI Radeoon 9200 Series 256mb

Network: D-Link Airplus G DWL-G122 Wireless

Network(2): 3COM Gigabit LOM

My selection on the Customize menus are the following

Chipset: AppleNForceATA

Kernel: 9.4.0 Modbin (Intel/AMD/SSE2/SSE3)

Audio: AC97Audio

Wireless: RT2500-RT73-USB

Fix : AppleSMBIOS-27-667

Graphic Card: - (cant find my ATI series)

Application: All

Can anyone point out where did i go wrong?

Hi Layne... Thank you so much for your hard work...

Hi to all the comunity, this is my first OSX86 installation and i'm very pleased with it. just need a litle help getting my optical disk working, and installing photoshop CS3.

My hardware specs are as follows

Hardware

Product Name dv6780ep

Product Number KS342EA

Microprocessor 2.40 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor T8300 featuring Intel Centrino Duo processor technology

Microprocessor Cache 3 MB Level 2 cache

Memory 4096 MB (2 x 2048 MB)

Memory Max Up to 4 GB

Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Video Memory Up to 1023 MB (256 MB dedicated)

Hard Drive 250 GB (5400)

Multimedia Drive Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support

Display 15.4" WXGA High Definition BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800)

Fax/Modem High speed 56K modem

Network Card Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Wireless Connectivity Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection

Bluetooth

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated

Keyboard 101 key compatible

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons

PC Card Slots

* One ExpressCard/54 slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

* 3 USB 2.0

* 1 VGA port

* 1 HDMI connector

* 1 RJ11 modem connector

* 1 RJ45 ethernet connector

* S-video TV out

* 2 headphones-out

* 1 mic-in

* 1 IEEE 1394

* remote control infrared port (remote optional)

* cable docking connector

* Integrated finger print reader

Power

* 90 W AC Power Adapter

* 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion) battery

I have video driver working with NVinject 0.2.1 per 256, sound as well with a kext i found on another post, even my infrared port works...

My problems are the Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection wich has no driver yet, but it's being taken care off here http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ (i have internet via ethernet port for now)

Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer doen't work, wich is rather strange because it works fine in the installation procedure, but when i boot to OSX it just works no more, can't mount it at all.

I have downloaded Photoshop CS3 trial to test it, installed went ok, but when i try to run it it gives an error and won't open.

I have installed some programs (i will install more and update this list) and everything went fine (only photoshop doesn't work).

OpenOffice - works

Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 - Works

MSN Messenger for Mac 7.01 - Works

Any help would be apreciated in the optical drive and Photoshop CS3 issue.

A special thanks to Layne and thanks to all the comunity...

Hello,

I´ve installed OSX86 first time with this release and it works very well for me  but there are two issues (maybe its the same) that i can`t fix:

When i start my webbrowser (Opera 9.52 - 9.6) i have to resize the window a little bit every time i open a new window otherwise the performance of scrolling and flash, shockwave or anything else is very bad (exclude loading a website, that is fast as normal).

Almost same problem with Entourage 2008 but here i only can`t use Entourage in Fullscreen - it have to be a little bit smaller.

The "New mail"-window has to be very small to write text in normal tempo.

The solutions i have found to improve the performance of Entourage like closing out spotlight from Entourage or disabling microsoft fonts doesn`work for me.

Is there a adjustement anywhere to fix that?

I`ve installed iDenebv1 with Vanilla Kernel, ICH-Fix and the Support for my HD3850 then updated to 1.1 and 10.5.5 - nothing changes.

Tried with or without Javascript, flash or any other plugins

I`ve looked in any Opera-forums for a solution but no one has heard of this problem before so i think it can be the problem of my OSX-installation?

And at last a request for the next release: Could you please insert Support for ALC885?

Thank you Layne for your hard work an i hope there is a solution for me -_-

Hello!

Out of all, ideneb works great for me, but i found some problems.

If I import Photos with iPhoto it crashs.

Anybody know something about that problem? Running an AMD System (look at signature)

Greets