Create HFS+ Partition

Valisoft

12 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am trying for 5 days to install Mac OS X 10.5.1, :wallbash: the problem is that I cannot make a HFS+ partition, I've search the internet for a program but i found nothing :wacko: . I have 18 GB unallocated space that I want to make it HFS+ without damaging the other tow partitions, i want a Windows program or a Linux live CD or a linux program, evrything is good.

Can someone HELP ME :P

I have format that 18 GB in fat32 then I've tried Disk Utility from Mac OS installation DVD but at "Devices" my HDD dosen't apear, at "Devices" apears only "IDisk" the internet I think, and "Leopard-AMD-10.5.1" the install DVD, then I've used "GParted" from "Parted Magic" CD I have made a HFS partition only 2 GB, then I tried again to instal Mac, nothing my HDD or that HFS partition is not apearing.

It's posibile to install Mac OS on a SATA II HDD ?

All you do is format to Fat32 then go to disk utility and click on the partition you just made and press erase, set it to +HFS journaled. After it is done the installer should easily recognize the partition. BTW, I use Acronis Disk Suite to make my partitions.

I have downloaded a new version of Mac OS X, this one is recognizing my SATA II HDD and evrything is working perfectly.

I've formated as FAT32 with Disk Management from Windows, then HFS+ with Disk Utility.

Thanks for helping me.

I have downloaded a new version of Mac OS X, this one is recognizing my SATA II HDD and evrything is working perfectly.

I've formated as FAT32 with Disk Management from Windows, then HFS+ with Disk Utility.

Thanks for helping me.

Have the same trouble as you. What version did you get that will recognize the drive?

Thank you.

Download this [Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd]

its a torrent it has 520 seeders I've downloaded in 1h 23m, I hope that it will help you.

I have tried Kalyway(works great on my Vaio) and Leo4Allv4 AMD but neither works. Leo will see the drive but it is unmounted and I can't install.

Thanks anyway :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...