Bluetooth Fix

jim

60 posts in this topic

Hello Sub,

also for me it doesn't work at all (Macbook Pro 2.16 Boot Camp 1.4). I can install the Widcomm 5.1 driver, then it even recognizes the Jawbone headset and it works, but when I reboot Windows I got a nasty bluescreen (cx00021a) and I had to reinstall Windows.

Is there any BT stack that works with my configuration. Toshiba BT stack doesn't install completely, hangs at driver installation. Bluesoleil doesn't recognize my USB dongle (Belkin) and Widcomm causes severe error bluescreen.

Regards

Noe

• 2 weeks later...

I got this working and have long since forgotten how. I do know that as of year ago I had to...

• modify the .inf file to get Windows out of bluetooth HID mode
    download CSR software to enable advanced profiles
    work around windows forgetting where all the default .inf files were (probably won't happen to you)

I stuck with the Microsoft stack. I tried the others and didn't care for them.

• 7 months later...

I'm using mac book pro 17" and I can't connect my bluetooth via boothcamp winxp. However, I can connect it in my mac. But I have to use in XP right now. I try to install widcomm installer but it doesnm't work. Also run cmd and type .exe like you guy said.

Please help

THank

Ok heres is what I have been doing for a long time and it works perfect with my A2DP Motorola HT-820.

1) Find the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (Torrent sites seem to be a likely place)

2) Install Toshiba BT Stack, it will try to look for your hardware, but wont find it

3) Browse to "Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb"

4) Under the section [standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206

eg

;
; These are the tosrfusb bus pnp ids
;
[Standard]
; DisplayName		   Section   DeviceId
; -----------		   -------   --------
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc1%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_08EA&PID_abba
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc2%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_8086&PID_110a
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc3%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_8086&PID_110b
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc4%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_0930&PID_0501
[b]%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206[/b]

5) Now under the section [strings] add this TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth"

; -------------- tosrfusb driver install sections
[Strings]
SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002
TOSHIBA = "TOSHIBA"
StdMfg = "Toshiba"
DiskId1 = "Bluetooth Bus Installation Disk #1"
tosrfusb.SVCDESC = "Bluetooth USB Controller"
ClassName = "Bluetooth"

TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc1 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Ericsson P3D)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc2 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Ericsson P4A)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc3 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Intel/CSR)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc4 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (ALPS/CSR)"
[b]TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth"[/b]

6) Goto Device Manager, install the newly modified driver as your Bluetooth Driver. If it doesnt add and gives some weird error, just run AppleBluetoothEnabler.exe, which is located in the BootCamp Folder

7) Now click on the Toshiba icon, and it will add all the device settings.

8) Enjoy full Headset/A2DP/AVCRP support.

Thank you for your help, but after I installed, I can't find this "Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb". I found only "Toshiobex" in C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack.

Anyone can help me?

THank you.

• 1 month later...

I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

"The specific location does not have information about your hardware"

I am using a 2.4Ghz 24" iMac

Anyone knows why?

• 3 months later...

"4) Under the section [standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206"

Evan Tan writes:

"I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

On my MBP the device is a "USB\VID_05AC&PID_8213". After I made that change it finds the hardware and installs the driver. Goto the device manager/"apple built-in bluetooth"/properties/device instance ID to check your machine.

I then used the Toshiba control panel to configure my BT devices. It works with my Jawbone for Skype and my A2DP headset for music. I just cant yet figure out why I cant configure the headset profile on my headphones.

It's a bit of a trick when I am listening to music to switch from Headphones to a different headset. Still looking into that.

This thread was hugely helpful!

• 1 month later...
"4) Under the section [standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206"

Evan Tan writes:

"I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

On my MBP the device is a "USB\VID_05AC&PID_8213". After I made that change it finds the hardware and installs the driver. Goto the device manager/"apple built-in bluetooth"/properties/device instance ID to check your machine.

Thanks! This plus the detailed Toshiba steps from UC worked for me. Some clarifications for others.

1+ - You can download the Toshiba Bluetooth stack from http://195.182.196.33/bluetooth/?page=download.

2+ - When you first install it will say it can't find the device. Click "cancel".

3+ - Go to the device manager and lookup he device manager for your bluetooth device (its under Bluetooth and I think Apple Bluetooth. Copy that down and use that for DeviceId rather than what is exactly in UC's post (different macs have different devices it seems).

4/5+ - Use you Device ID for both the [standard] and [strings] section. You willl also need to use a different numbed after the Desc also because the latest drivers have more than 124 device types. I used 144. For example, here is what I have. I also added "Toshiba" to the description to make it clear which driver I had installed in the Device Manager.

[standard]

%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc144%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

[strings]

TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc144 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth Toshiba"

6+ - After you have edited the INF file reboot. Select the first Bluetooth device in DeviceManager, choose Update Driver, choose Have Disk, select Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb for the directory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a macbook with Windows Xp Home Installed. I followed many steps presented here but i Still Can't Make my bluetooth Work. I changed btwusb.inf and added ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [ControlFlag] and Apple Bluetooth Radio= BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1].

I'm Using ANYCOM Bluetooth Software 5.5.0.3900.

The Drivers install correctly but the Bluetooth Icon in taskbar has a Red B on it.

In My computer -> My bluetooth -> View Or Modify configuration, I can change some configs but in Diagnostics Screen the Adapter is shown but it's informations are incorrect. (See picture attached).

And from time to time the windows makes the sound of a hadware being unpluged and then the Bluetooth Network Interface disapears and then sundely comes back with windows making the sound of a hardware being connected.

Can some one help me ?? Thanks!

post-5482-1230997703_thumb.jpg

By the Way, i found this ftp link : ftp://drivers.anycom.com/drivers/bluetooth/, witch has many othe anycom drivers. Can some other version of this anycom driver work? Thanks!

Hi, I have a macbook with Windows Xp Home Installed. I followed many steps presented here but i Still Can't Make my bluetooth Work. I changed btwusb.inf and added ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [ControlFlag] and Apple Bluetooth Radio= BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1].

I'm Using ANYCOM Bluetooth Software 5.5.0.3900.

The Drivers install correctly but the Bluetooth Icon in taskbar has a Red B on it.

In My computer -> My bluetooth -> View Or Modify configuration, I can change some configs but in Diagnostics Screen the Adapter is shown but it's informations are incorrect. (See picture attached).

And from time to time the windows makes the sound of a hadware being unpluged and then the Bluetooth Network Interface disapears and then sundely comes back with windows making the sound of a hardware being connected.

Can some one help me ?? Thanks!

post-5482-1230997703_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...