• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

dalou

dalou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I need to connect my bluetooth headset and use it with skype. Even if under the latest boot camp (1.1.2) bluetooth is working without any fix on my mbp and several bt equipments, I still need to switch to widcomm bluetooth stack to be abble to support headsets. why oh why didn't microsoft implement that ... sights ...

You seem to have a working solution for me. kind of old (written a long time ago) and from what I've read it is risky too but I'm willing to try as I'm desperate to make my bluetooth headset work and I can't find any other solution on the net.

Unfortunately the link you provide for the widcomm driver is broken.

Can you provide a new link please ?

thanks

dalou

dalou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Edited by dalou, 15 January 2007 - 02:23 AM.

dalou

dalou

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I finally managed to install the Widcomm stack v 5.1.0.1100 on my macbook pro under windows XP and boot camp 1.1.2
Now my bluetooth 2.0 headset works fine with skype
I also manage to synchronize with my nokia phone using bluetooth 2.0 connection

I just followed these instructions :
http://www.dev-hack....opic.php?t=1297

astro_1

astro_1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I finally got apple wireless keyboard and mouse to pair ok to DBT-122 dongle on my MacPro under Bootcamp.. it works great.. BUT
each time I boot back into OSX or winxp under bootcamp.. I need to pair the wireless keyboard and mouse again each time before it will work
is anyone else having this problem

kkrull

kkrull

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Anyone using the Microsoft stack unable to get the children of the Apple Built-In Bluetooth device working? Specifically:

BTH\MS_RFCOMM\6&2ccd287a&0&0
BTH\MS_BTHBRB\6&2ccd287a&0&1
BTH\MS_BTHPAN\6&2ccd287a&0&2

Updating the bth.inf file would not help me load drivers for these. Although the Microsoft Bluetooth control panel will identify and add Bluetooth devices, I suspect that the lack of drivers\profiles is keeping them from working.

Anyone else see in device manager these listings by connection... (see attached)

Or these by type... (see attached)

Update: If you see these then your install has forgotten where the drivers are supposed to be. Have your device manager update drivers point to c:\windows\system32 and it will find them all there. Vista gets confused after you look in new places for drivers and it seems to forget the default locations for them.

Attached Files

Edited by kkrull, 08 February 2007 - 02:44 AM.

kkrull

kkrull

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Has anyone gotten a bluetooth headset working?

I have paired a bluetooth headset to my Vista Macbook only to find that the services for the headset cannot find drivers. Some of these drivers will be A2DP and not included in the Microsoft stack, but others should be there. Specifically my HT820 Motoroal headset generates the following services, all of which create driverless "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" entries in the other devices category of the device manager: Audio Sink; Handsfree Telephony; Headset; and Remote Control.

Edited by kkrull, 08 February 2007 - 02:45 AM.

Ungenious

Ungenious

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Has anyone gotten A2DP to work at all with any set of drivers with Windows?

I'm trying to get my iMuffs working with Win Xp (Boot Camp MacBook Pro). I've followed the directions in http://www.dev-hack....opic.php?t=1297 and I have hands-free working no problem.

But unfortunately, the Widcomm Bluetooth program gives me an error when trying to set up the Stereo-Audio Profile.

Thanks in advanced,
Ungenious

Nott32

Nott32

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
http://www.stephenjc...c/btinstall.zip

I used the attachment installed A+ just need to find the headset to try it out thanks!

Sub

Sub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Sorry to put life in to a super old thread again, but I am having the same Issue with my Bluetooth Headset. I have tried the fix @ dev-hack / dev-toast / same instructions that are listed on this forum and no luck. I am following the widcomm directions. 5.1.0.1100

Firstly, I have a newer Mac Book Pro that I purchased directly from apple in September, so it is the newer version of the c2d. I get all the way to the end after I have the widcomm drivers installed and I run into driver problems. Basically tell it to use the btwusb.inf driver and it does not like it. I have also ran "hid2hci.exe 05ac 1000" without errors and also have tried adding the following to the .inf file:

(I am adding under [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1])

%AppleBuildInBt.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

with no luck and also just

%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

and still no luck. XP fails to install the driver every time. I get an error saying "the driver could not be installed" Has anyone else had this issue? I really just need to be able to use my headset as a headset and the default bluetooth driver will not lt me do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Sub

Sub

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
So no one has any information they can relate to my issue? This is not working for me. Here is what happens after I point to the btwusb.inf

Attached Files

noewoodforships

noewoodforships

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello Sub,

also for me it doesn't work at all (Macbook Pro 2.16 Boot Camp 1.4). I can install the Widcomm 5.1 driver, then it even recognizes the Jawbone headset and it works, but when I reboot Windows I got a nasty bluescreen (cx00021a) and I had to reinstall Windows.

Is there any BT stack that works with my configuration. Toshiba BT stack doesn't install completely, hangs at driver installation. Bluesoleil doesn't recognize my USB dongle (Belkin) and Widcomm causes severe error bluescreen.

Regards

Noe

kkrull

kkrull

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
I got this working and have long since forgotten how. I do know that as of year ago I had to... modify the .inf file to get Windows out of bluetooth HID mode
download CSR software to enable advanced profiles
work around windows forgetting where all the default .inf files were (probably won't happen to you)
I stuck with the Microsoft stack. I tried the others and didn't care for them.

bam1234

bam1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm using mac book pro 17" and I can't connect my bluetooth via boothcamp winxp. However, I can connect it in my mac. But I have to use in XP right now. I try to install widcomm installer but it doesnm't work. Also run cmd and type .exe like you guy said.

Please help
THank

U.C.

U.C.

The Leopard Roars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Interests:Everything Apple, Computers, Movies
Ok heres is what I have been doing for a long time and it works perfect with my A2DP Motorola HT-820.

1) Find the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (Torrent sites seem to be a likely place)
2) Install Toshiba BT Stack, it will try to look for your hardware, but wont find it
3) Browse to "Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb"
4) Under the section [Standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206
eg
;
; These are the tosrfusb bus pnp ids
;
[Standard]
; DisplayName		   Section   DeviceId
; -----------		   -------   --------
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc1%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_08EA&PID_abba
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc2%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_8086&PID_110a
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc3%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_8086&PID_110b
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc4%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_0930&PID_0501
[b]%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device,  USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206[/b]

5) Now under the section [Strings] add this TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth"

; -------------- tosrfusb driver install sections
[Strings]
SPSVCINST_ASSOCSERVICE= 0x00000002
TOSHIBA = "TOSHIBA"
StdMfg = "Toshiba"
DiskId1 = "Bluetooth Bus Installation Disk #1"
tosrfusb.SVCDESC = "Bluetooth USB Controller"
ClassName = "Bluetooth"

TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc1 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Ericsson P3D)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc2 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Ericsson P4A)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc3 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (Intel/CSR)"
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc4 = "Bluetooth USB Controller from TOSHIBA (ALPS/CSR)"
[b]TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth"[/b]

6) Goto Device Manager, install the newly modified driver as your Bluetooth Driver. If it doesnt add and gives some weird error, just run AppleBluetoothEnabler.exe, which is located in the BootCamp Folder
7) Now click on the Toshiba icon, and it will add all the device settings.
8) Enjoy full Headset/A2DP/AVCRP support.

bam1234

bam1234

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your help, but after I installed, I can't find this "Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb". I found only "Toshiobex" in C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack.

Anyone can help me?

THank you.

Evan Tan

Evan Tan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

"The specific location does not have information about your hardware"

I am using a 2.4Ghz 24" iMac

Anyone knows why?

rx8pilot

rx8pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
"4) Under the section [Standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206"

Evan Tan writes:
"I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

On my MBP the device is a "USB\VID_05AC&PID_8213". After I made that change it finds the hardware and installs the driver. Goto the device manager/"apple built-in bluetooth"/properties/device instance ID to check your machine.

I then used the Toshiba control panel to configure my BT devices. It works with my Jawbone for Skype and my A2DP headset for music. I just cant yet figure out why I cant configure the headset profile on my headphones.

It's a bit of a trick when I am listening to music to switch from Headphones to a different headset. Still looking into that.

This thread was hugely helpful!

reesd

reesd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

"4) Under the section [Standard] add this %TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc124%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8206"

Evan Tan writes:
"I've installed Widcomm and edited the btwusb.inf file but when i try to update the driver for the bluetooth device, it says:

On my MBP the device is a "USB\VID_05AC&PID_8213". After I made that change it finds the hardware and installs the driver. Goto the device manager/"apple built-in bluetooth"/properties/device instance ID to check your machine.

Thanks! This plus the detailed Toshiba steps from UC worked for me. Some clarifications for others.

1+ - You can download the Toshiba Bluetooth stack from http://195.182.196.3.../?page=download.

2+ - When you first install it will say it can't find the device. Click "cancel".

3+ - Go to the device manager and lookup he device manager for your bluetooth device (its under Bluetooth and I think Apple Bluetooth. Copy that down and use that for DeviceId rather than what is exactly in UC's post (different macs have different devices it seems).

4/5+ - Use you Device ID for both the [Standard] and [Strings] section. You willl also need to use a different numbed after the Desc also because the latest drivers have more than 124 device types. I used 144. For example, here is what I have. I also added "Toshiba" to the description to make it clear which driver I had installed in the Device Manager.

[Standard]
%TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc144%=TosrfUsb_Device, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205
[Strings]
TosrfUsb.DeviceDesc144 = "Apple Built-In Bluetooth Toshiba"

6+ - After you have edited the INF file reboot. Select the first Bluetooth device in DeviceManager, choose Update Driver, choose Have Disk, select Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\Drivers\tosrfusb for the directory.

Amazondani

Amazondani

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Hi, I have a macbook with Windows Xp Home Installed. I followed many steps presented here but i Still Can't Make my bluetooth Work. I changed btwusb.inf and added ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [ControlFlag] and Apple Bluetooth Radio= BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1].

I'm Using ANYCOM Bluetooth Software 5.5.0.3900.

The Drivers install correctly but the Bluetooth Icon in taskbar has a Red B on it.

In My computer -> My bluetooth -> View Or Modify configuration, I can change some configs but in Diagnostics Screen the Adapter is shown but it's informations are incorrect. (See picture attached).

And from time to time the windows makes the sound of a hadware being unpluged and then the Bluetooth Network Interface disapears and then sundely comes back with windows making the sound of a hardware being connected.

Can some one help me ?? Thanks!

Attached File  BluetoothConfig.JPG   41.88KB   29 downloads

By the Way, i found this ftp link : ftp://drivers.anycom.com/drivers/bluetooth/, witch has many othe anycom drivers. Can some other version of this anycom driver work? Thanks!

Hi, I have a macbook with Windows Xp Home Installed. I followed many steps presented here but i Still Can't Make my bluetooth Work. I changed btwusb.inf and added ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [ControlFlag] and Apple Bluetooth Radio= BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205 in [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1].

I'm Using ANYCOM Bluetooth Software 5.5.0.3900.

The Drivers install correctly but the Bluetooth Icon in taskbar has a Red B on it.

In My computer -> My bluetooth -> View Or Modify configuration, I can change some configs but in Diagnostics Screen the Adapter is shown but it's informations are incorrect. (See picture attached).

And from time to time the windows makes the sound of a hadware being unpluged and then the Bluetooth Network Interface disapears and then sundely comes back with windows making the sound of a hardware being connected.

Can some one help me ?? Thanks!

Attached File  BluetoothConfig.JPG   41.88KB   29 downloads

poorpaddy

poorpaddy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
UC's solution worked like a charm however now the Toshiba Stack is expired after 30 days. ANyone have a clue on how to fix that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy