Bluetooth Fix

jim

60 posts in this topic

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the new macbook pro core 2 duo. So far none of the fixes listed here work :gun: I was wondering if the apple hardware id had changed for the core 2's.

I noticed that I have no bluetooth icon in the control panel, yet I show the apple bluetooth icon in the device manager (after trying the fixes listed here). So the bluetooth icon in control panel only shows up when the computer has a 'valid' bluetooth device working properly i guess?

Thanks for anyhelp!

Me too... I also have the new macbook pro core 2 duo. I do not have the bluetooth control panel available to me. My device manager shows Apple Built-In Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator under the Bluetooth Radios, and under Network adapters I have Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) and Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI). If I go to Network Connections, I have a Bluetooth Network Connection icon, but if I try to access it, I get an error - "An unexpected error occured. Please contact your system administrator". I've reinstalled the Mac Drivers multiple times. I am using 1.1.2 and did not need to do any of the fixes in this thread for the bluetooth to appear in the device manager. Another interesting thing - the first time I installed bootcamp, I temporarly used a disk image of WindowsXP from an unlicensed source, and the bluetooth control panel showed up. When I reinstalled WindowsXP with my valid licensed copy, I no longer get the bluetooth control panel. Weird.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wanted to let people know that the btinstall.exe works fine in vista. my might mouse used to work without the the scroll wheel but this enables its perfectly under rtm 6000.

before i installed this there was no bluetooth module in control panel, the mouse just worked strangely enough without detecting or installing any hardware. but now there is the module in cp. AMAZING! thank you very much

For vista I had to manually copy the files over from the btinstall.zip file into win\inf and win\ as the script is suppose to do.

The install did correctly setup the start up items for though. so after i ran the install and copyed the files over I went in to the start menu and ran the bt script and it popped up.

Thanks

hey guys,

do not use this. it is outdated. there is a much simpler way. the new bootcamp should have bluetooth working already off the install. if not you can manually install the drivers that came with it.

http://bootcampresources.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79

go to this site to find out how to expand the drivers.

next find the USB Composite Device under USB serial controllers. I don't have the ID but it should be

USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205&REV_1965

install the device manually and browse to the folder with the BthKicker in the expanded files. select the inf for the driver.

If you can't find this hardware ID, just try all the USB composite devices. one will allow you to install the driver.

this wored on black macbook c2d. I don't have to run the script everytime i want to use BT. its now always one.

Bluetooth works fine here. I'm with Win XP SP2 and I'd like to use the "My Bluetooth places" to be able to make use of the DUN function on my Treo 680 when I'm on the road. Anyone any suggestion on how can I get "My Bluetooth places to work"? The color of the Bluetooth icon of the Bluetooth stack is red. How can I get it to white?

Edited by BlueVoice

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get Bluetooth to work by using the hid2hci utility. I expanded all the Boot Camp drivers off the Boot Camp driver CD to a local folder on my system. When the dialogue came-up, I browsed to the Boot Camp drivers folder and it found and installed the drivers from there.

Works great! Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I need to connect my bluetooth headset and use it with skype. Even if under the latest boot camp (1.1.2) bluetooth is working without any fix on my mbp and several bt equipments, I still need to switch to widcomm bluetooth stack to be abble to support headsets. why oh why didn't microsoft implement that ... sights ...

You seem to have a working solution for me. kind of old (written a long time ago) and from what I've read it is risky too but I'm willing to try as I'm desperate to make my bluetooth headset work and I can't find any other solution on the net.

Unfortunately the link you provide for the widcomm driver is broken.

Can you provide a new link please ?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got apple wireless keyboard and mouse to pair ok to DBT-122 dongle on my MacPro under Bootcamp.. it works great.. BUT

each time I boot back into OSX or winxp under bootcamp.. I need to pair the wireless keyboard and mouse again each time before it will work

is anyone else having this problem

Anyone using the Microsoft stack unable to get the children of the Apple Built-In Bluetooth device working? Specifically:

BTH\MS_RFCOMM\6&2ccd287a&0&0

BTH\MS_BTHBRB\6&2ccd287a&0&1

BTH\MS_BTHPAN\6&2ccd287a&0&2

Updating the bth.inf file would not help me load drivers for these. Although the Microsoft Bluetooth control panel will identify and add Bluetooth devices, I suspect that the lack of drivers\profiles is keeping them from working.

Anyone else see in device manager these listings by connection... (see attached)

Or these by type... (see attached)

Update: If you see these then your install has forgotten where the drivers are supposed to be. Have your device manager update drivers point to c:\windows\system32 and it will find them all there. Vista gets confused after you look in new places for drivers and it seems to forget the default locations for them.

post-73729-1170245375.jpg

post-73729-1170245383_thumb.jpg

Edited by kkrull

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten a bluetooth headset working?

I have paired a bluetooth headset to my Vista Macbook only to find that the services for the headset cannot find drivers. Some of these drivers will be A2DP and not included in the Microsoft stack, but others should be there. Specifically my HT820 Motoroal headset generates the following services, all of which create driverless "Bluetooth Peripheral Device" entries in the other devices category of the device manager: Audio Sink; Handsfree Telephony; Headset; and Remote Control.

Edited by kkrull

Has anyone gotten A2DP to work at all with any set of drivers with Windows?

I'm trying to get my iMuffs working with Win Xp (Boot Camp MacBook Pro). I've followed the directions in http://www.dev-hack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1297 and I have hands-free working no problem.

But unfortunately, the Widcomm Bluetooth program gives me an error when trying to set up the Stereo-Audio Profile.

Thanks in advanced,

Ungenious

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to put life in to a super old thread again, but I am having the same Issue with my Bluetooth Headset. I have tried the fix @ dev-hack / dev-toast / same instructions that are listed on this forum and no luck. I am following the widcomm directions. 5.1.0.1100

Firstly, I have a newer Mac Book Pro that I purchased directly from apple in September, so it is the newer version of the c2d. I get all the way to the end after I have the widcomm drivers installed and I run into driver problems. Basically tell it to use the btwusb.inf driver and it does not like it. I have also ran "hid2hci.exe 05ac 1000" without errors and also have tried adding the following to the .inf file:

(I am adding under [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1])

%AppleBuildInBt.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

with no luck and also just

%APPLE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05AC&PID_8205

and still no luck. XP fails to install the driver every time. I get an error saying "the driver could not be installed" Has anyone else had this issue? I really just need to be able to use my headset as a headset and the default bluetooth driver will not lt me do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!