ALi/ULi ATA Controller (PATA/SATA)

~Eureka

32 posts in this topic

I use it on Asrock 939 Dual SATA-II failed, none of my disk detected by this kext even dev id and ven id of my ALi disk controller listed on your kext.

Back to combine of AppleVIAATA.kext and JMicron.kext.

Hi ferywu,

The driver needs to be rewritten. I will do it when I have time. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

ferywu,

I'm trying to get iDeneb 10.5.5 going on an Asrock 939Sata2 as well. Are you plugging your SATA drive into the Jmicon SATAII port? So far, either on the ULi or JMicron port I'm still stuck on "still wating on root device" no matter what boot flags I set. I do have Tiger up on a Thinkpad T40 with quartz extreme working on an ATi 7500....

JohnY2

ferywu,

I'm trying to get iDeneb 10.5.5 going on an Asrock 939Sata2 as well. Are you plugging your SATA drive into the Jmicon SATAII port? So far, either on the ULi or JMicron port I'm still stuck on "still wating on root device" no matter what boot flags I set. I do have Tiger up on a Thinkpad T40 with quartz extreme working on an ATi 7500....

JohnY2

my system live with leo4all, the first problem also can't find boot device until i modify the content of dvd according to brazilmac previous totrial for making Leo 9A466 usable. The problem is AppleGenericPCATA.kext confusing AppleVIAATA.kext, so i remove it from ISO and burn it again, or lately for saving dvd media i use another methode, restore the iso to another 4,4 active primary partition and simply delete that AppleGenericPCATA.kext and installation starting from this partition.

Hi ferywu,

The driver needs to be rewritten. I will do it when I have time. Thanks.

Chun-Nan

Thank you anyway

And we wait :)

• 1 month later...
my system live with leo4all, the first problem also can't find boot device until i modify the content of dvd according to brazilmac previous totrial for making Leo 9A466 usable. The problem is AppleGenericPCATA.kext confusing AppleVIAATA.kext, so i remove it from ISO and burn it again, or lately for saving dvd media i use another methode, restore the iso to another 4,4 active primary partition and simply delete that AppleGenericPCATA.kext and installation starting from this partition.

Thank you anyway

And we wait :)

Also having a 939dual-SATA2, i did a little research and found that the SATA2 is not linked to the ALi/ULi bridges, but instead to the JMB360 JMicron PCIe bridge, so instead of trying to build an ALi/ULi workaround, i found the attatched .kext for the JMB360 and it worked like a charm :)

Vayneblade

ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 w/ AMD 4400+ X2

2gb RAM

GeForce 6800XT

Kalyway 10.5.2 Leopard Installed -

ACL850 Sound: WORKING~!

SATA & SATA2: WORKING~!

Belkin F5D7000 v4 (Broadcom 4318): WORKING~!

ULi Onboard Ethernet: WORKING~!

JMicronATA.kext.zip

Hello Eureka,

Any chance of an update on the Ali/Uli chipset kext? Would be useful to me and others.

I think it would be welcomed for some of the new distros as well.

I have the 5229 Uli Chipset.

I tried both the first AppleALiATA.kext you posted, and the Leopard compiled one, I got the same results as rjstrat - Post-Firewire / hangs with error 'still waiting for root device'

From the XxX 10.5.5 distro, AppleVIAata.kext is working on boot, but its very, very slow.

AppleATAPort.kext is working the best so far (seemingly acceptable performance) and boots fine with all the suggested kexts removed. AppleATAPort.kext requires a boot with -f after the second bootup, or it stalls out (waiting for root device) on my system.

When you wrote "only supports up to UDMA2"? Does that mean if the drive is ATA100, the AppleATAPort.kext will force it to run at UDMA2/ATA 33? Any way to improve that?

Thanks for your help!

Quaront

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks for you share the good driver for us, but i cant use it to install mac osx to my desktop, here is my data for troubleshooting.

My desktop use ULi M1689 chipset (Gigabyte GA-K8U-939),the contoller code is 0x522910b9 (I had ubuntu linux on it, and use lspci to see the record), and I modify my installation disk Extensions.mkext by remove some ata.kext and add this kext in it, make new kext, and burn the installation disk, but still wait for roo device.

What can I do next? I wish i can play osx on it by using this driver.

Thanks in advanced.

(If you need some detail logs, please say and i will post it later, thanks again.)