Rebelatheart

3 posts in this topic

My setup:

Intel quad core q9450

Gigabyte EP35 DS4

2 pioneer sata burners

1tb seagate

XFX 8600gt 256mb

Basically, I installed leo4all v3 w/out any video drivers. Then I installed the graphics update for leopard 10.5.2.

I then followed these instructions courtesy of Krazubu:

geForce 8000 & 9000 series (9600 GT not supported):

Add your device ID in /system/library/extensions/NVDAResman.kext/contents/info.plist

Add your device ID in /system/library/extensions/NVDANV50Hal.kext/contents/info.plist

Find/download an injecter (any one will do, they're basically the same thing, only plists differ)

Add your device ID in %injecter_kext%/contents/info/plist

In the same plist, set the NVCAP string correctly (More informations here) and replace the IOProbeScore number by 0.

launch terminal and type

sudo chown -R root:wheel /system/library/extensions

sudo chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

sudo rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

reboot

The NVCAP I used was: 04000000 00000100 0e000000 00000000 00000000

Doing all this finally got my card working at 1920 x 1080i (1080p would be nice), but whenever any “adjustment” is made to the display, such as changing the resolution, or unplugging the dvi cable, I get a blue screen which I cant get rid of w/out rebooting.

Did I miss a step or something? The card as vga and dvi if that helps.

Lucky you, I couldn't even use that card. It always kernel panicked whatever I did - tried with different NVCAP settings, gfx string in com.apple.Boot.plist, nvinject (almost all versions, even custom edited), nvkush (also 256 MB and 512 MB versions) without any success.

The problem with this card may be with the VGA+DVI port which is an odd combination compared to other "modern" graphics cards which have 2x DVI ports.

I had to exchange it with an MSI NX8600GT (2x DVI ports), which is working flawlessly. I'm sorry, I know I wasn't very helpful with this post but I felt the urge to tell you my experiences with the XFX 8600GT card.

Take care.

EDIT: Just an FYI, there's at least two flavours of the XFX 8600GT graphics card, one has 2x DVI ports, and the other has VGA+DVI.

This may not just be 8600 - I have just tried changing resolution from 1900x1200 (which is the native resolution of the monitor I am using) with a 8800GT and have also experienced a blue screen, once I reboot the resolution is changed. I am going to troll through the forum and see if this is already reported elsewhere!