EFIX v.1 Now Shipping!

The ePic One

60 posts in this topic

I just checked 5 mins ago on the EFIX website, and it's been updated saying they are now shipping v.1 to countries that don't yet have resellers! (USA,UK,Europe,Australia) etc...!

EFiX™ V1 in stock now.

To order EFiX™ V1 please use our contact form and submit the following:

EFiX™ Type: V1 <li>Your Motherboard (and any HCL information per our HCL) <li>Desired Payment way: PayPal, Bank Transfer, Western Union <li>Shipping address: A full address is necessary for shipping cost calculation

Note:

<li>We only sell EFiX™ V1 to consumers in countries which do not have resellers.

To see the entire Resellers list please check our "Where To Buy" page in Products menu. <li>Shipping will commence only upon our reception of payment.

http://www.efi-x.com/index.php?language=english

Hmmm... :)

the truth is, we need to focus.....

this magic module is NOT going to make your sound work!

this magic module is NOT going to make your Graphics Card work!

this magic module is NOT going to install your PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard kexts for you!

this magic module is NOT going to set the refresh rate on your GMAX3100!

this magic module is NOT going to make your PC into an Apple....

it is ONLY going to provide you the facility to boot like an apple, hence being able to boot from the Retail DVD(which is what Boot 123 id offering you at the moment)

They have not bothered to test their module on standard systems like Dell or HP as they have not had the time yet!?

€80.00 my ass, I'd say!

SticMAN

the truth is, we need to focus.....

this magic module is NOT going to make your sound work!

this magic module is NOT going to make your Graphics Card work!

this magic module is NOT going to install your PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard kexts for you!

this magic module is NOT going to set the refresh rate on your GMAX3100!

this magic module is NOT going to make your PC into an Apple....

it is ONLY going to provide you the facility to boot like an apple, hence being able to boot from the Retail DVD(which is what Boot 123 id offering you at the moment)

They have not bothered to test their module on standard systems like Dell or HP as they have not had the time yet!?

€80.00 my ass, I'd say!

SticMAN

LOL!! :rolleyes: I agree, I will not trust these {censored}s and who will be the first idiot in spend $120 dollars in something that anyone can do it for FREE!!!!

What about the hardware of the EFiX: is this thing more than a USB key ? Is there an EFI chip in it ?

Reading through the lines of some of the on-going anouncements, more time was spent "securing" the USB device so that others could not make a copy of it, than was spent in developing the actual functional code held within the USB device (which we have essentially had on the generic.ISO CD for quite some time now).

IOW, the developeers of EFiX are now in the same position as other developers of intellectual property: more money goes into defending their IP "rights" than goes into developing and enhancing the IP itself.

Welcome to the real world!

The EFI though is only doing as promised. Boot Os X up on a PC. Nothing more.>_>

Yes, and for that we have generic.ISO.

I didn't say there wasn't an alternative.

But, I found a big catch to EFIX! The support list!

http://www.efi-x.com/index.php?option=com_...anguage=english

Which is pretty {censored} actually. Mobo, that's a not problem. Not a small support list for mobos, but not a big list either, but things like Video cards...Only 2 supported ATI cards? Really? Sure, the updates from apple are nice, but if I can't use my x1800 or a 9800gtx, not worth then imo.

They're stupid noob. As I considered them as Open Tech and Psysh*t, who may used the OSx86 scene to make money and unfortunately, they will be sued and closed soon I hope (so).... Wow, EFiX is released and shipped everywhere. I'm better sticking in on the old school stuff and use Kaly, iAtkos or even better, boot-132n "technique". Sorry for them, but I would share my hate but in forums, you'd better keep on smiling. :) And well after, we're gonna laughing to those ugly face! :)

Although the starting batch of EFI-X™ modules sports every single V2 function,

it is part of a specially hand-crafted, only 200 pieces collection series.

The mass produced EFI-X™ modules will have a substantial lower price.

Hand-crafted.. by who?! The guys who stole osx86 infos... IMAO

Well it certainly seems like it would work with my hardware (Q6600, P35. Nvidia 7300, on board sound/lan) and it works with most pro audio systems.

What's wrong with that???

It's not undermining anyone's work on this list, just enhancing it for those that don't want to go through the stress of updates etc.

Martin H

I want one precisely because I don't want to be tied to iatkos, jas, kalyway, leo4all, etc. Their website is profoundly unprofessional, I must say. The FAQ has no real information that I want to know about. Here are some questions they should answer:

1. Can disks use MBR or do they need to be GUID partitioned?
  2. The product page mentions a "USB internal 10-1 connector" which I am unfamiliar with. Can the device work plugged into an external USB port or not?
  3. Why the emphasis on "EMI & ESD protection"? No other USB device I am aware of seems to think those are important enough to mention on their main product pages. Is the device super-sensitive to static electricity? Sounds like a ready-made excuse for why it doesn't work if anyone reports a problem.
  4. What's different about v2? "Support for several motherboards" implies v1 will only work on 1 motherboard. True?
  5. Is the user forced to use the EFI-X "System Boot Selector"? I use grub and have no desire to use anything else.
  6. I have to say which motherboard I have when I place my order. Does that lock me in forever to that one motherboard, or will support for others be available via downloads? They use the English word "firmware" in ambiguous ways.

BigPimpin, I don't know where you've been lately, but those releases are no longer necessary. No disrespect to the fine work of those who make them, but I stopped using hacked DVDs quite a while ago in favour of the leopard I bought at the apple store.. certainly you need half a clue to do it, but also no more than half a clue, and the hardware that's on the efi-x HCL is all perfectly capable of installing & running retail os x without it.

BigPimpin, I don't know where you've been lately, but those releases are no longer necessary. No disrespect to the fine work of those who make them, but I stopped using hacked DVDs quite a while ago in favour of the leopard I bought at the apple store.. certainly you need half a clue to do it, but also no more than half a clue, and the hardware that's on the efi-x HCL is all perfectly capable of installing & running retail os x without it.

Agreed.

BigPimpin, I don't know where you've been lately, but those releases are no longer necessary.
I assume you're speaking of boot-123. No thanks.

I forgot to mention Zephyroth. A quick look at the New Releases, OSx86 Installation, and Post-Installation forums shows that the rumors of those distros' death are greatly exaggerated. Running my Leopard retail DVD is exactly what I want to do but I don't fancy swapping discs every time I boot. I don't want to burn my own discs ever again to run OSX.

I'll say this: If EFiX is limited to a small number of motherboards then it will not be a successful product.

I have a new build coming up in the next few months and if I need to buy a certain motherboard then I will. One drawback I see is that I'm not fond of Gigabyte products and apparently there's only one Intel motherboard it will work on, and then you need the "EFiX™ Deluxe, EFiX™ Ultimate or any compatible external SoundCard". Does that sound bizarre to anyone else? The soundcard part, I mean. If they're going to sell in English-speaking countries they should get someone who knows how to read and write the language to proofread the English part of the website. In that respect they've done a terrible job.

I'll say this: If EFiX is limited to a small number of motherboards then it will not be a successful product.

Sorry to be between two discussion but I must say one thing. EFiX is so slowly developped, take in example in website, they say:

Although the starting batch of EFI-X™ modules sports every single V2 function,

it is part of a specially hand-crafted, only 200 pieces collection series.

The message beyond those lines is clear: EFiX is not ready to be released. And much more in big scale (worldwide). If they said they hand-crafted, goodness better waiting for a while since something "Workable" I can say was been able to sink my old OSx86 DVD.

And take a look at the HCL, it's so miserable! Oh yeah, Gigabyte P35 is compatible. Everybody knows that!!! And everybody can go on Insanelymac and find easy guide and taking code from that.

I can't take the edge of the knife and I definetily agreed with Hagar.

I assume you're speaking of boot-123. No thanks.

Running my Leopard retail DVD is exactly what I want to do but I don't fancy swapping discs every time I boot.

I did say you need half a clue. nobody would settle for swapping discs every boot.. you drop a folder and a file onto the root of your harddrive & it's all done.

I guess there is a market for this device after all, amongst those who can accumulate 455 posts without understanding the tutorials, or even get the name of the bootloader right (it's boot-132) certainly efi-x does it in hardware, whether that is a good and reliable method remains to be seen, but the software alternative *genuinely is* an utterly viable free method here today.

For what it's worth, I carry my installer with me at all times.. it's on a triple-booting usb stick that contains absolutely everything I need to set up 10.5.4 on any vanilla capable machine. efi-x is larger & will only do 1 machine at a time, and you have to leave it plugged in. your choice.

I did say you need half a clue. nobody would settle for swapping discs every boot.. you drop a folder and a file onto the root of your harddrive & it's all done.

I guess there is a market for this device after all, amongst those who can accumulate 455 posts without understanding the tutorials, or even get the name of the bootloader right (it's boot-132)

<_< Very funny.

certainly efi-x does it in hardware, whether that is a good and reliable method remains to be seen, but the software alternative *genuinely is* an utterly viable free method here today.
That's what I aim to find out, so you'll please forgive me for not signing up for your anti-efix agenda just yet.

BTW, good job on keeping that boot-132 thread cleaned up. The board would be a much more enjoyable experience if all the moderators were as dedicated as you to keeping threads on-topic.

lol, all efix does is run a option rom on the usb device iirc. just flash it onto a cheapo ethernet card and voila

Well said, honestly, whoever buys this, well, I don't know how to describe that kind of stupidity.