7600 Help

Flawless Oddity

6 posts in this topic

I finally can change my resolution using the GeForce Installer I found in this forum, but I dont get QE supported.

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x4

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0391

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 7600 GT OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

AL2223W:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 61 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

I've tried about everything, NVinject/Nantit/Titan/EFIStudio method...

What else can I do?

Im trying to install Leopard on this machine that has a Nvidia 7600GT, when I install NVInstaller at start up it just hangs on the blue screen.

Is there a driver specific for this card I can install, or am I just installing the wrong stuff?

Also, I tried all the packages that came on the DVD. It will only work with nothing installed and default res (1024x768)

Thanks

Check this out... http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

I've got the same board (at least it has the same vend/ID strings) and it works fine following the stickied 'manual nvidia install' thread.

Have you entered the 0x039110de string in ALL kexts that require it? Geforce, NVDANV40Hal, NVDAResman. I just looked and the 'manual nv install guide' doesn't list the geforce.kext (or I skimmed too fast), but it needs it's Info.plist changed too.

I did have it running with NVInject, but switched over to the EFIStudio method to get rid of an extra kext. I'd like to find more I can get rid of, but this is the first Apple OS I've used since 7.x and there's enough to do between the yard,car,wife... without messing with the computer for no good reason.