NVidia GeForceGo 6100

dvkch

9 posts in this topic

Hie,

After a lot of googling without any real answer, i finaly post here.

I can get my graphic card working (128VRAM) under OSX 10.5.1 using NVinject, NVinjectGo or even Natit or Titan. But i'm stuck to a 1024*768 resolution which is not realy beautifully reandered on a 1280*800 screen... is there any way to get it working, w/ QE/CI ? thanks

well so i have to consider my streched display is perfect ? i read somewhere that getting 1280*800 resolution is possible, but not with QE/CI. If i only could have a correct fisplay, it'd good enough for me ! any help ?

i tried a lot of things, even modifying NVCAP in NvInjectGo's plist, but each time the boot freeze with a "NVDA::start(VGA) <1> failed". I hope it can help.

NvidiaEFI detects correctly the max res of my internal display, but freeze then...

You want to try using macvidia 1.081 and nvinjectgo. But make sure you delete IONDRVsupport.kext first. i'm using an HP tx1250 with integrated nVidia 6150go and this method provides full resolution change but just not QE/CI.

hope this helps buddy,

Marc

I installed these packages, but my computer just didn't restarted. it freeze during boot, or (realy strange) when i removed the nvinject (i also tested w/ the nvinjectgo : didn't work), it started, i hear the boot sound, but i still were in console mode ... (without possible prompt : just a verbose mode).

I'm going to install 10.5.3 leo4all, and with a fresh new install i'll try to install these packages again. thanks for help, i'll tell you if it works.

i also tried NvidiaEFI 1.2.3, and it started without any freeze, but still no QE/CI, and 1024*768...

ps : please excuse my english : i'm justa french student

EDIT : did you modify the plist of NVinjectGo, like the VRAM or the NDCAP ?

you need nvinjectgo/nvinject AND macvidia at the same time. i've attatched the zip file i posted in the tx thread minus the other drivers. install the three kexts in here with kext helper and remove IONDRVsupport. it's just crossed my mind that you might be using a desktop? if you are try replacing nvinjectgo with the standard nvinject. none of the files i used were modified at all so if this doesn't work i don't know what else to suggest. one last thing, using these drivers added about 30 seconds to my boot time so if it does appear to hang just wait a bit and see what happens. you might find it just takes a little longer to reach the GUI.

regards,

Marc

tx1000.zip

ya, i know that it slows the boot, but even after a long wait, it didn't boot.

i understood the need of installing both, but it didn't work, so i tried different things, like installing nvinject (just trying, but i've a lappie).

i'm gonna install osx 10.5.3 in a few hours, so i'll let you know if it worked. but maybe tomorrow (local time is 11:45 PM). thx

well, i didn't managed to install leo4all 10.5.3. when i boot, in verbose mode, i could see debug info proving that there is no error. but the os x installation wizard never shows. if i press the enter key, the cd drive is working again, like if i had choosed my language. i think i might need help...

• 2 weeks later...