Installed on a Dualcore 2.8ghz Dell SC-430

iDude

3 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a Dell SC430 Server on special.

Here are the basic specs:

Dualcore 2.8ghz

1024mb RAM

CD RW/+-DVD

16mb integrated video card

no sound card.

I installed OSx86 10.4.3 8F1111.

Installed perfectly, booted amazingly fast (20 seconds from the time I hit the POWER button to the time it was ready to go)... maunally kicked up the resolution to 1280x1024 on my Samsung 17" flatscreen.

One thing though is it didn't recognize was the integrated Broadcomm NIC card. I had to go through a stack of old PCI cards until I found one that 10.4.3 recognized... Ended up being an old Kingston 10/100 KNE100TX I believe.

I just tested a 480i Quicktime on this thing without the audio of course and it was suprisingly smooth, staying between 19-24fps.

• 2 years later...

Hey, wondering if you still have this box, and if so have you tried the new 10.5.6 on it? I have tried numerous settings and have not yet been able to get past boot screen after install, and verbose reveals nothing.

Dualcore 2.8ghz

1024mb RAM

CD RW/+-DVD

no sound card.

Installed perfectly, booted amazingly fast (20 seconds from the time I hit the POWER button to the time it was ready to go)... maunally kicked up the resolution to 1280x1024 on my Samsung 17" flatscreen.

One thing though is it didn't recognize was the integrated Broadcomm NIC card. I had to go through a stack of old PCI cards until I found one that 10.4.3 recognized... Ended up being an old Kingston 10/100 KNE100TX I believe.

I just tested a 480i Quicktime on this thing without the audio of course and it was suprisingly smooth, staying between 19-24fps.

• 6 years later...

Dualcore 2.8ghz

1024mb RAM

CD RW/+-DVD

no sound card.

Sorry for replaying an old topic, but how did you do that? I also have a SC-430 but it does not boot even the installer? i'm planning to add a Nvidia Geforce 210 graphic card