Public beta for Slimtool by PCWiz

~pcwiz

31 posts in this topic

OK guys, new 1.2 version is up on the Slimtool site, existing users can use the automatic updater to update. Please update immediately if you have version 1.1, because 1.1 is a complete doorknob meaning it doesn't work at all. Stupid mistake in the code.

;) If I get a good idea, I make an app for it before I forget :)

Wow, you sound like one of my coworkers. Cool to have people like you, to help people like me that can't program well. I'm more a hardware guy. But I can vouch for your apps, OSX86Tools serves me well.

Nice tool. After I ran it, I had trouble with Temperature Monitor saying it had been modified. So I restored that OK. Then I went to add it to the blacklist but couldn't. Clicking on browse did nothing. Again, it may be related to my drive having a space in the volume label. So I just typed the app name into the add application box and hit add and it's listed just fine.

It works now, at least it detects the apps correctly. I haven't tried the actual slimming process. Do you plan to add a language slimming feature? That save a lot more space! I tried xSlimmer and it says I can save 1,65 GB with language and binary slimming. Only binary is 160 MB, the same as Slimmtool (great isn't it, it does the same for free)! That feature is quite interesting.

Again great work ~pcwiz! ;)