[How to] Connection problems with iTunes Library or is your iPhone FTP read only? Fix it!

xtraa

1 post in this topic

Hi!

From time to time there are reports from people having problems to connect their iTunes library

via LAN with/from other computers. Sometimes the playlists are missing, sometimes it does not

show up at all. First we thought it would be something like Bonjour or the DAAC protocol.

Now I discovered the soulution for the problem while trying to connect my iPhone "Data Case"

application with my hackintosh. I could only get to my data exchange Folders read only via finder,

or I had to use Fetc FTP via SFTP.

Whatever. The solution is a faulty AFP protocol, and if your onboard LAN does work, but with the

above limitations, you should drop the attached Realtek kext in your System/Library/extensions

folder. Don't forget to repair permissions with chmod -R 755 and chown -R 0:0 or use the kext

installer.

I don't remember the guy who compiled the kext but credits to him. It works perfectly with 10.5.4

FYI: It works with Intel ICH7, but I think you can try it out with other chipsets or AMD, too without

risking a KP. If so, just remove it after booting in -s mode.

Cheers, xtraa

RealtekR1000.kext.zip