Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

I don't have any money these days (I just got a ticket >.< ), but I wanted to say I appreciate who ever is spending time on this :)

Dont think anyone is, which is a shame as theres a nice little pot of money here just waiting to be cashed :2cents:

no-one want a "free" 360 or "ps3" ? (paid for by this little chest of money so its "free") :poster_oops:

I just asked my frnd and he is a genius. He programmed a nforce 4 Lan driver for himself. He evne bypassed TPM on 10.4.5 w/out using Maxxuss or JaS patches. Now i have asked him to look into this. Lets keep our fingers crossed. U never know....

OH really? Does he browse the forums here?

Perhaps we should see if we could get this posted up on the main page, to grab more dev's attention. Personally, this is way beyond my coding experiance, so I'll give mad respect to anyone who can get it working ;)

======================================

CURRENT TOTAL SUM: ~$510

Guys please no discussions. Very hard to read the posts then, especially if there are a lot of pledges.

2Unstable Connection: Thanks for the info. But no discussions, please.

CURRENT TOTAL SUM: ~$510

Guys please no discussions. Very hard to read the posts then, especially if there are a lot of pledges.

2Unstable Connection: Thanks for the info. But no discussions, please.

hmm some to think about , probably do driver for these old video chips will be damn easy

you guy's learn damn iokit framework and buy candys with all this money !!!, is much more easy that looks

Hey np_,

The 10.4.3 had a kext that gave us QE&CI on Intel8xx Graphics with res changing. The problem was no one had the source.

If you could get a hold of that or reverse it some how, that's a easy 500 dollars.....

But I don't want to distract you from Nvidia project but this side project would help pay the bills or more candy...!

hey guys,

problem: everything runs in black and white/grey very low resolution/color

why?: only 1mb of video ram is allocated by default by the Bios

solution: allocate more video ram, can't be done because dell inspiron 510m bios does not allow you to allocate video ram

help...

specs:

Dell Inspiron 510m

512mb RAM

2.00 GHZ

Intell 855 Chipset with onboard graphics

60GB HDD

DVD+-RW/CDRW

i have installed os x86 completely all running i can load it up (using rd=disk0s2 from boot disk) but the entire thing (including the install process) is in black and white with very little readability. i have tried:

-Changing video Ram in the bios, cant be done

-Changing the kext files for AppleIntel stuff as described in a guide i read

-Installing a copy of linux and using an 855patch to increase ammount of ram allocated but it resets after restart and so cannot be done into osx, and i couldnt get it to work anyway

-Soft booting from xp to osx (assuming that means opening xp pressing start-> shutdown-> restart then as it restarts opeing osx), nothing is different

if anyone can offer some support i am desperatly in need of it please please someone.

Hmm...or maybe the macvidia guys could just give us an IOKit tutorial or something like that? I dunno much about this kinda stuff, just putting it out there.

Just in case though - keep contributing ;]

Ok i finally got my friend to make the driver for 855's in 10.4.3.

The Catch

1) It does not work on my system

2) Though he claims it works perfect on his system

3) No QE/CI, only custom resolutions

4)I am looking for the source code of the AppleIntel915.kext of 10.4.1, so that by some tinkering i may be able to get it to work on my system.

5)But sadly Apple has deleted the source.

6) If ne one has it pls post it

No garuntees at all......None whatsoever

IF IT DOESNOT WORK PLS DONOT RANT. I CANNOT HELP YOU.

No other kexts were changed, when he tried it. Also his dev id for the 855 was 0x35868086, but mine is 3582

:)

AppleIntel915.kext.zip

That's great. Altough I do not have OSX right now on my lappy (I've lost my hope ;)) it's cool that somebody works on this. I'm crossing my fingers so that we'll get QE too. Screw CI, 855gm is not meant for any serious 3d anyway :)