Intel 845/855/865 Integrated Graphics Poll

242 posts in this topic

ive looked into it, my request has ended on RAC with no real takers. there was one firm in india that was prepared to give it a shot but the cost (i think) is far beyond what we could raise for a single driver.

i did speak to someone who posts already on the forum and seemed really know his stuff. he suggested that it would be a lot of work, but one more limited and easier option would be some sort of framebuffer hack so resolution changes can be made.

even then, no openGL acceleration.

il keep you guys posted if i find anything else

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey i have 10.4.8, what about getting drivers for asus p5p3-vm board with intel 865g extreme graphics2 so i can get world of warcraft running, when i run it was no direct3d, if this is the wrong place please tell me where i can get help or if there is a driver please tel me where, thank you

Intel 8xx Chips series are no more supported...

You're stuck at 10.4.1 if you want full resolution (and QE).

I've tried alsmost everythings to make my 855GM/GME working on my laptop but with no success. (Jas 10.4.8) I think that i've to get back to < 10.4.1 (but older version are quite hard to find).

PS : Jas thanks for your work, i've been able to install OS 10.4.8 (with your patched DVD) on my girlfriend's (AMD) PC who was asking me for an Apple Mac, I saved about $500 :P

• 1 month later...

Hello!

"HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How to install driver for HP dv1000(dv1156cl), Chipset 855, i downloaded more of 100 files and don't work.

i created a hosting for this project files in

I need the "AppleIntelIntegratedGraphics.kext" and drivers for my video card.

If your have any idea or file upload please to:

Thaks to all!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This is a statistical topic for the owners of Intel 845/855/865 graphics boards.

Please post in the following format:

1) Hardware: model of your laptop / motherboard

2) Pledge: <amount in $ you wish to contribute> [optional]

=============================================

PLEASE POST ONLY ONCE AND ONLY THE OWNERS OF 845/855/865

=============================================

1) Hardware: DELL Inspiron 700m laptop

2) Pledge: $30

Is there still any interest for this driver?

I stumbled upon this thread while looking for Intel 845 chipset drivers (kext) for a Dell Inspiron 510m laptop, and realized soon that nobody actually ever made this kext.

The Inspiron is 5 years old now (almost), and way out of date for any recent version of windows (Even XP Home is a drag), but it can surely work out alright with the later versions of Linux or Mac OS X.

Let me know people, if its still a need for the driver. I installed iPC 10.5.6 on this machine, but under no circumstance did I manage to find a .kext that actually gives me more than 800x600 resolution and colors that alledgedly were 256, but looks onscreen more like 8 colors (4 bit). I can not even read whats on the screen...

Thus, I could give an attempt to make a driver for this chipset, but it will require a {censored}load of research, studies and try-and-fail on a screen I cannot even read.

So my question to the people here is; Anyone still interested in this driver?

Regards

Robert.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm still interested in a driver. A higher resolution can be achieved by editing the start conditions (forgot the name of the file to edit). I got a resolution 1600x1200!

Presently I work on virtualisation of Os X:

http://d4wiki.goddamm.it/index.php/Howto:_Mac_OSX_on_KVM

Running as a virtual machine on Ubuntu which incorporates the driver for the Intel 865 at least the graphics should work with Hackintosh.

• 1 month later...