Samsung a737 Tethering on Mac OS X

1 post in this topic

Ladies and Gentleman, after searching forum after forum for the answer on how to do this, without a bluetooth connection being as that my Gateway laptop doesn't have bluetooth, I have figured out how to tether my Samsung a737 via USB to get online with my Hackintosh PC. The steps are as follows:

1.) Plug your phone into your USB port via the data cable.

2.) Go to System and Open up Modems

3.) You should see your device on the left side, no further drivers needed, Mac OS X already has generic ones.

4.) At the bottom, click the button that says Advanced and locate where it says "Apple" and "Apple Airport" in the two pull down menus.

5.) Click on the pull down menu that says "Apple" and Select "Samsung" after selecting this the second pull down menu should change automatically from Airport to "GPRS/3G"

6.) Save and go back to the Modems window. Where it asks for the number to dial, type *99***1#, no user name, no password. Click Apply.

7.) Hit connect and presto, you are now online. If you get an error msg with something to do with the PPP settings, just wait a second and try again. It sometimes takes a minute for the settings to adjust for your phone. Also, make sure that your phone's USB mode is set to PC Studio.

I am doing this all from memory, so I will come back and update once I get back on my actual laptop.

Hope this helps!

Jeans