The Great Driver Hunt

AirmanPika

563 posts in this topic

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the missing driver from MAcBookPro is?

MacBookPro 17"

CPU - T2600 @ 2.163GHz

Memory – 2 GB

HD – 100 GB

DVD-R/CDRW

ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

I have:

OS X Tiger <----- not using just have

Windows Xp Upgrade

Windows Vista 32 Home Premium

I have installed Window's XP on my MacBookPro and am wondering if anyone else has done a Clean Window's XP with No Boot Camp ,XOM, Or parallel's yet?

(I actually installed Window's XP (upgrade) by inserting the disk into the MacBookPro and though I was unable to eject the disk when XP asked to validate an older full version of window's I plugged in an external (USB) DVD/CDRW with my Win 98 disk in it and voila it installed.)

After Windows XP Install I installed:

1 -"Inputremapper_1_0_04_release" - this fixed all the key mapping, fan control, screen lighting, and sound control.

2 - "Install Macintosh drivers for windows .exe" - but it really didn't do much that wasn't already done.

3- Window's Update.

This is what the device driver's look like now.

218x480.jpg

1 is the TPM Security platform , the second is unknown.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got all the drivers for xp and vista x64, that have got everything except graphics working on my mbp. Thats iSight keyboard trackpad wireless and all keyboard functions, sound. Basically vista x64 flawlessly installed and more reliable than OSX which is sad. Can play Oblivion on my Macbook with full graphics quality. The file is 390MB but it will install ALL DRIVERS ONCE WINDOWS IS ALREADY INSTALLED.

Let me know if you want it and i'll figure out a way to get it to you. you just stick it on a disc and do the installer.

It is the drivers meant for the Mac Pro as that does support Vista x64, but it will work perfectly for iMacs (even the graphics i think) for installing x64 windows.

I installed XP without boot camp on my MacBook Pro , just update the EFI Firmware and reboot from the CD, Voila!!!! then install all the drivers, everything seems to be OK but no sound from speakers just from HeadPhones . I think that's the price you have to pay... Remember that the Boot camp thing is no longer for free.

Think that all U guys have the drivers, you know posted before in the forum so!! Any Questions just give a Reply

Ahh and if anybody knows how to make speakers works...?Please!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...