Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center

~pcwiz

128 posts in this topic

Thanks for your very good tool and tutorial.

There's something wrong with my machine.

PS2/fix does not fix my ps2 mouse if the keyboard is usb.

I can only use a ps2 mouse if I use a ps2 keyboard too.

My keyboad is a Logitech Elite (USB/PS2(with adapter)). I can use it with ps2, but

Logitech Control Center (a very good configuration tool for my keyboard) only recognise my keyboard as a Logitech keyboard if it is plugged as USB.

Drfrag

hey mate just want to send out a big thank you for all your hard work

i got my P35- DS3R up and running with relatively no problems <_< except for a few peripherals which sorted themselves out in the end anyway.

i did have a few issues with the onboard audio + my logitech z5500 but that was fixed by simply changing one of the plugs so now i do have QUADRAPHONIC SOUNDDDDD! lol altho 5.1 would be nice i don't think i can warrant using the headphone jack on the front of the case for centre/subwoofer. Unless there's another fix for that?

anyway all the best man, thanks a bunch

Since a lot of EP35 users visit this topic, I'll try my question here :)

I'm about to buy a EP35C-DS3R board from someone to build a home server running OS X Server, and I would like to run my drives in a RAID 5 config. I know this is possible using the ICH9R, but I don't know if it's even possible to boot OSX86 having the controller set to RAID (instead of AHCI) and still use all 6 SATA ports.

This is the setup I have in mind:

SATA 1

SATA 2: RAID 1 setup to boot OSX86 from

SATA 3

SATA 4

SATA 5

SATA 6: RAID 5 setup for data storage

So I would need all SATA ports. Does anyone know if this is possible? Or is anyone able to try this out for me? (Greatly appreciated. :) ) I might gonna try it using my P5WDH, but this one uses an ICH7R which is quite a lot older, so I don't know if it's representable.

Great tool ~pcwiz! Yep - u're kind of genius! :)

But... Is there posibility to use your control center together with retail install (boot-132 / chameleon hdd)... If yes - how to do it best?

Thanks for your work!

I haven't tried yet, but you have my regards for spending so much time in such a project, making other's people's life easier and yourself more knowledgeable.

Big, thanks, i have a Asus P5k3 Deluxe, and this app, finally can shutdown myhackintosh, many thanks, but still ICH9R not shown again, only unknown device in alls sata ports, but i preferred shutdown totally hehe. Many thanks again.  :D:wacko::D

I have now my new GA-EP35-DS3 Board. (switched from MSI P965 - also no problems!)

Q: All seams to work . I only installed the 889A for Audio: WORKS !

Is my SATA shown at screenshoot fastest ?

I heraed about some "coulored HD Icons", i dont have that.

Also:

Has anyone DL Link / can share EFI-boot-cd for the OSX DVD boot with GA-EP35-DS3 ?

Bild_11.jpg

OK sorry guys for the late reply, I'm really busy and don't have a lot of time anymore. Let's start.

Lolrus,

Actually the JMicron patch is the one that CREATES the 4GB+ issues, not solves them. If you have IDE devices and 4GB or more of RAM its not recommended.

mitch_de,

The orange drive issue is only when SATA is in AHCI mode. Technically its not a mistake, since SATA AHCI drives are "hot pluggable" (meaning you can take them out and put them in without rebooting) they are sorta colored as external devices. Not a big issue, but most of the recent OSx86 releases I've seen don't have this issue so no need to worry.

tombo,

Yeah, the drivers in this package are older ones (skippyretards install pkg + HDAEnabler) so I might grab the newest ones off of Taruga's site or patch my own, and then package it. We'll see :D

phreakazoidz,

Its probably the Restart Fix that messed it up since it replaces AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Can you boot into the machine or access single user mode? If you can, it can be fixed since the app auto backs up your original kexts before modifying.

And...thanks to everyone that said thanks :)

excellent work ~pcwiz!

it works on my g33m-ds2r board

shutdown finally works

haven't tested the ps2 since i use usb but will test it too

the audio alc889a, i lost other features according to system profiler

it only says "speaker, microphone, and s/p dif out" it used to have 6

but, there's no more crackling sound, so i guess that works? headphone out works too but cant get mic out on front panel (even on taruga's patch)

:)

Thanks for information and the tool.

Has anyone tried to get the new speedstep Kernel extensions to run ?

I switched from P965 (MSI) board to an EP35-DS3 and now it seems to be an ACPI (BIOS>OSX) Problem to use them.

Sure, with an desktop CPU/model it isnt really needed to use speedstep. Its a bit more "academic" testing. :)

Here the superhai thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=123774

Here the a bit older (other, non autothrottle speedstep kext) thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=119370

Both cant work with my new board (no kernel panic - simple no stepping)

Thank you very much, this will come in handy, as I'm currently doing an install on my GA-P35-DS3L using cyberbuddhah's Boot-132 guide

Question: Are you going to be making any type of Boot-132 guide as well? I know you mentioned working on a guide at the end of your post, and I would love to see what you have to offer. Everything you seem to do here makes OSX86 life easier. Thanks again

Hi, everybody.

I've installed on my PC the latest version of iDeneb 10.5.4 and everythin was working fine except the restart and shutdown functions. So, I tried to solve the problems by installing the Chud.pkg and the poweroff_fix , but even with those fixes my sistem won't restart properly neither fully shutdown. Finally, I found somewhere, I don't remember where, an article talking about GA P35 DS3x Control Center and so I decided to try it.

Well, after having installed the fixes for Shutdown and restart, I tried to shutdown my system and it worked perfectly: in very few seconds everything was shut down properly.

So, I switched on the system again but, the system hangs at the grey screen with the apple... If I boot in verbose mode the only thing I can see is these things written soon after the kernel starts:

npvhash=4095

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

Darwin kernel Version 9.4.0 : Mon. Jun 9 19:30:53 PDT 2008; root:xnu-1228.5.20 ~1/RELEASE_I386

standard timelicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 833761 free pages and 214815 wired pages

mig_table_max_dipl = 79

Exstension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components;

use only one style.

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=1 Enabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=2 Disabled

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=3 Disabled

Loading security extension com.apple.nke.applicationfirewall

Loading security extension com.apple.security.seatbelt

calling mpo_policy_init for mb

Seatbealt MACF initialized

Security policy loaded: Seatbealt policy (mb)

Loading security extension com.apple.security. TMSafetyNet

calling mpo_policy_init for TMSafetyNet

Security policy loaded: Safety net for Time Machine (TMSafetyNet)

Copiright © 1982, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of The University of California. All rights reserved

MAC Framework succesuful initialized

using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

no errors or other strange things. The word above are the last ones at the boot screen.

Please can u help me in booting the system again....

Thanks in advance, pluto69