Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center

~pcwiz

128 posts in this topic

Big Kahuna,

The red light should flash to green when it's installed. What did you try to install?

limini,

Yeah, it only detects stuff that's been installed by the control center program itself.

Burpethead,

I forgot to mention that this app is meant for 10.5.4, hence the 10.5.4 kernels

rramon,

Hey Wiz,

This might be in your guide comming out soon - but what way do you recommended getting to 10.5.4? - Kalyway 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 combo then 10.5.4 delta?

As long as it has the exact same hardware as these DS3/DS4 models it should be fine

kdb424,

Well...the hardware is very similar but not exact. Can't say whether it will work or not until you try it :(

Hey Wiz,

This might be in your guide coming out soon, but how do you reccommened getting to 10.5.4? Should I do Kalyway 10.5.2, then 10.5.3 combo, then 10.5.4 delta, or just install something like JaS 10.5.4? Or does it matter which 10.5.4 installation I use?

Thanks!

Burpethead,

My guide (already released now) uses Kalyway 10.5.1 + 10.5.3 Kalyway Combo + Apple 10.5.4 Delta Update. It seems to work the best :) But macciti also said that iDeneb 10.5.4 release works fine too, so its up to you :)

The ALC888 fix well...it makes ALC888 audio work. ALC888 is used in the DS3L, I'm pretty sure all the other ones use ALC889A. 5.1 is not enabled by default, but it does work with a simple tip. There is a thread on this forum on how to do it.

Please tell me the link to this Post!!! I can´t find it... :(

thanx mindsuk

wow, this is brilliant!

From now on I'll make a point of buying the same motherboard that ~pcwiz is running :)

For now I am right with my EP35C-DS3R.

One questions regarding the Ethernet driver:

Does it work with Bonjour while still obtaining a new DHCP lease upon weaking from sleep?

So far I can have either/or but not both, but I haven't tried the driver included in the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3x Control Center.

Cheers, and thanks so much for your excellent work!