Broadcom BCM5787 Almost Works on Leopard 10.5.2 Kalyway DVD

Gate Keeper

24 posts in this topic

I'm using Leopard 10.5.2 from Kalyway DVD on my Acer 2920z

After trying few ways...(Will post if someone needs...)

The BCM5787 appears in the Network List

I can assign IP, DNS, Gateway... to it (Since MAC Address is all zero, my router doesn't assign automatically)

I can ping to yahoo.com and other hosts on the internet.

But as many persons faced the same problem as me, it is:

Can't change MAC Address, every time i do the command "ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" either "ifconfig en0 ether aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" the system's stuck and frozen as hell. Getta hold power button to turn off. Even using MAC Daddy X to change also got same problem.

Whenever i use safari or chat application like aidum...After connected few seconds, System FORCES me to restart, and only way to do is hold power button again.Looks like it lock and deny using internet connection, but using terminal to ping is ok.

I did lot of searchs in this forum but haven't yet found out the answer(could be somewhere and i've not seen yet)

Thus, please help or show me the way or let's fix it if there is not any solution yet out there.

Many people are using the Acer like me and the BCM5787 as well.

So if there is an answer for it, it's damm worth to try :D

Guest BuildSmart
I'm using Leopard 10.5.2 from Kalyway DVD on my Acer 2920z

After trying few ways...(Will post if someone needs...)

The BCM5787 appears in the Network List

I can assign IP, DNS, Gateway... to it (Since MAC Address is all zero, my router doesn't assign automatically)

I can ping to yahoo.com and other hosts on the internet.

But as many persons faced the same problem as me, it is:

Can't change MAC Address, every time i do the command "ifconfig en0 lladdr aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" either "ifconfig en0 ether aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff" the system's stuck and frozen as hell. Getta hold power button to turn off. Even using MAC Daddy X to change also got same problem.

Whenever i use safari or chat application like aidum...After connected few seconds, System FORCES me to restart, and only way to do is hold power button again.Looks like it lock and deny using internet connection, but using terminal to ping is ok.

I did lot of searchs in this forum but haven't yet found out the answer(could be somewhere and i've not seen yet)

Thus, please help or show me the way or let's fix it if there is not any solution yet out there.

Many people are using the Acer like me and the BCM5787 as well.

So if there is an answer for it, it's damm worth to try :)

The source for the driver would go a long way to fixing the issues you are experiencing.

• 1 month later...
i have a solution for broadcom bcm5787

you can try and say me your opinion

the tutorial is there in pack

it´s in rtf document

it worked for me! perfect (as much as it can be). i havent restarted yet to check startup stuff, but working right now.

and i havent tried to change mac address yet, ill give it a try too..

thanks for this!

I try to install the kext using kext helper it installed successfuly but nothing happen. My network card (BCM5787) still doesn't work. Did I miss something? Please could anyone help me. Thanks in advance. :(

you should also open a terminal and type in some commands to test it (after installing kext)

they are all documented in zip file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

it´s in rtf document

Hey dude

Im having Dell optiplex 330 in which the network card is 57XX netxtreme gigabit controller 14E4:169B

do you have any solution for this ethernet wired connection please help me if u can please..... :censored2:

• 2 months later...
Hey dude

Im having Dell optiplex 330 in which the network card is 57XX netxtreme gigabit controller 14E4:169B

do you have any solution for this ethernet wired connection please help me if u can please..... :blink:

Hi me too I'm using Dell optiplex 330 and try everything sugested on this forum but nothing works. i've gotten the system preference to see the card. but if i set use automatic dhcp it says no ip (orange color) but dhcp with ip says it's connected but it's not , i can't ping any ip. did the start up items thing but no luck. the card device id is 14E4:169B. in order to get where i am right now :

- i have to put 169b in the info.plist of the kext

- then change the mac address to the original mac address with hexfiend,

- install as usual

- set the startup item folder

- then install the file "PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg"

any help? thanks in advance

@ unclesamlive :

All what you have allready done is the right way to do (add the device in plist, change Mac adress etc...) but I think you also have to patch the binary with the device ID, it worked for me with BCM5784M (14E4:1698), see this post

How to do this ?

Just use HexEdit the same way you would use it to add your Mac Adress, and use the "find and replace" tool.

You have to find 66 81 FA 93 16 (this is BCM5787M ID added by Nobb1x) and replace with 66 81 FA 9B 16 (this is BCM5787 device ID)

Don't forget to choose HEX and not ASCII in "find and replace" dialog window, and to replace all entries, then save the file.

If it works, and I hope so ;) , I suggest you to post the working Kext in Nobb1x thread

I wonder if it can work for other NetLink BCM57XX ethernet cards...

Good luck!

@ unclesamlive :

All what you have allready done is the right way to do (add the device in plist, change Mac adress etc...) but I think you also have to patch the binary with the device ID, it worked for me with BCM5784M (14E4:1698), see this post

How to do this ?

Just use HexEdit the same way you would use it to add your Mac Adress, and use the "find and replace" tool.

You have to find 66 81 FA 93 16 (this is BCM5787M ID added by Nobb1x) and replace with 66 81 FA 9B 16 (this is BCM5787 device ID)

Don't forget to choose HEX and not ASCII in "find and replace" dialog window, and to replace all entries, then save the file.

If it works, and I hope so :P , I suggest you to post the working Kext in Nobb1x thread

I wonder if it can work for other NetLink BCM57XX ethernet cards...

Good luck!

- I did a fresh install i'm using iATKOS_v5 with chameleon bootloader (PC_EFI_V9 does not work for dell optiplex 330)

- install PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg, restart

- install the modified kext with the device id 169b, restart

- i did the start up thing in rtf file, restart

- result : same as before , uknown state, the status of your network connection cannot be determined, no Ip Address (orange color) using DHCP

Thanks for any help

I don't understand what you mean... you have been able to connect but not anymore ?

What i mean is :

- if i use "Using DHCP" it will show : uknown state, the status of your network connection cannot be determined, no Ip Address (orange color)

- if i use "Using DHCP with manual ip" , set dns . it will show : connected (green color) but when i go to the command line and try to ping my gateway "no route to host", try to use safari no network.

OK, you are close to make it work, do you have en0 ethernet interface in About this Mac/More Info/Network ? If yes it should work... did you follow Nobb1x Readme and run the command in Terminal to use promisc mode ?

yep i have the en0 interface in About this mac. and i run the command : sudo tcpdump -i en0

but it said no ip4 address assigned . while in preferences it says connected with the ip and dns gaateway .....

Thanks

yep i have the en0 interface in About this mac. and i run the command : sudo tcpdump -i en0

but it said no ip4 address assigned . while in preferences it says connected with the ip and dns gaateway .....

Thanks

You should also add manually your IPV4 address, subnet mask and router in Ethernet Advanced set up, under TCP/IP... you can try to put the same in IPV4 as your IP

You should also add manually your IPV4 address, subnet mask and router in Ethernet Advanced set up, under TCP/IP... you can try to put the same in IPV4 as your IP

actually when u manually assigned an ip in preferences, it automatically update Ethernet Advanced set up or vice -versa.

I really don't why it's not working . i've really tried what i can find on the net.

anyway thanks for the replies. if something else i haven't don't hesitate

Thanks

I have left the dell optiplex alone and install mac os x on my notebook hp dv2000 . and thank god the wireless work.

but the earphone jack and may be microphone do not work. meaning when i plug in the earphone the speakers are still on and no sound in earphones (normally the sound should switch to earphones)

also i tried to update normally with chameleon . and it fails since it's not a real mac. but since then my sleep hibernate do not work anymore . it's working but no desktop.

does anyone have some help

Thanks

• 9 months later...

it�s in rtf document

Works like a charm in 10.5.8! Used the 'Start_Promisc' folder, only thing I encountered was that I have to reconnect the ethernetcable after a restart because a DHCP IP address was already requested before the start_promisc script could run, so there was no IP given. You probably won't have that problem with a fixed IP address.