ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 2400 XT

hypergatack

9 posts in this topic

Hmm... I'm using a Acer Aspire 4920G and running a iATKOS v4, so first i had some mbr error 3 &1 problems, then they mysteriously disappeared. then when i boot into OS X, after the grey apple screen comes out, i see a mass of wierd jumbled up small boxes all over the screen, but sound is ok(i can still hear the jingling). At first, i thought my graphics card had burnt out,but apparently it didnt. everytime i boot into isx, i just see that screen and hear the jingling. is that a graphics error? how can i solve it? any ideas? is there any driver available for that?

how i wish i could run a hackintosh smoothly... been trying on my oldest laptop for 10.4, now its 10.5 and i still cant run a single hackintosh, someone help please...

i hope to run my new hackintosh perfectly soon =)

(any drivers for HD2400XT?)

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
mobility radeon HD are currently unsupported ;) check for updates daily.

Are you sure about that? I just saw a post about a lot of people discussing a kext for 2600 and the file they downloaded had "2400_2600_2800" text on it so I suppose that could work? I don`t know if the desktop and mobility are all that different.

Another thing - is it possible to boot with this graphic card at all or should I give up now? I`m talking about ATI Mobility Radeon 2400.

Thank you in advance.

PS - You said "check for updates daily"... sincerely, where could I check it out?

• 4 weeks later...
Are you sure about that? I just saw a post about a lot of people discussing a kext for 2600 and the file they downloaded had "2400_2600_2800" text on it so I suppose that could work? I don`t know if the desktop and mobility are all that different.

Another thing - is it possible to boot with this graphic card at all or should I give up now? I`m talking about ATI Mobility Radeon 2400.

Thank you in advance.

PS - You said "check for updates daily"... sincerely, where could I check it out?

Up please, i have the same issue on my toshiba laptop with a mobility radeon HD 2400. I'm able to boot on safe mode but i got a strange screen with normal boot :s

Is anybody could help us? thx :(

• 2 weeks later...
Up please, i have the same issue on my toshiba laptop with a mobility radeon HD 2400. I'm able to boot on safe mode but i got a strange screen with normal boot :s

Is anybody could help us? thx :P

Hi guys,

I also have a MOBILITY RADEON HD 2400 and i've tried about everything up untill now using iATKOS v7 and iPC. Drivers for 2400XT work on it but on a different VGA connector (VGA out instead of Internal LCD). If you still have OSX86 (any kind) installed use the pagake provided by lastExile in it's thread. The one provided with an installer. Not just a kext. That driver WORKS on MOBILITY RADEON HD 2400 but ONLY ON EXTERNAL VGA OUT. The driver has QE and CI enabled but as I've stated, you can't use your Toshiba Laptop in mobile mode since your screens will be completely blank when no monitor is detected on your VGA OUT.

From my understanding when I talked to lastExile on irc, there are currently no drivers provider from ATI, Apple or other source that can work with this card on OSX, not even in the official release of OSX, since Apple didn't manufacture no laptops with this device inside, there's no point in building a driver for it so there's basically no original kext for this device for lastExile or others to mangle and port to OSX86.

I've renounced my OSX86 distro for now and went back to Windblows 7 which is actually much faster than anything right now and I will wait for Apple to build this driver or maybe in time my laptop will be trah and I'll get one witch is more compatible.

Have a nice OS guys :)

• 2 months later...
Hi guys,

I also have a MOBILITY RADEON HD 2400 and i've tried about everything up untill now using iATKOS v7 and iPC. Drivers for 2400XT work on it but on a different VGA connector (VGA out instead of Internal LCD). If you still have OSX86 (any kind) installed use the pagake provided by lastExile in it's thread. The one provided with an installer. Not just a kext. That driver WORKS on MOBILITY RADEON HD 2400 but ONLY ON EXTERNAL VGA OUT. The driver has QE and CI enabled but as I've stated, you can't use your Toshiba Laptop in mobile mode since your screens will be completely blank when no monitor is detected on your VGA OUT.

From my understanding when I talked to lastExile on irc, there are currently no drivers provider from ATI, Apple or other source that can work with this card on OSX, not even in the official release of OSX, since Apple didn't manufacture no laptops with this device inside, there's no point in building a driver for it so there's basically no original kext for this device for lastExile or others to mangle and port to OSX86.

I've renounced my OSX86 distro for now and went back to Windblows 7 which is actually much faster than anything right now and I will wait for Apple to build this driver or maybe in time my laptop will be trah and I'll get one witch is more compatible.

Have a nice OS guys ;)

Hi, please, could you post or attach the package provided by lastExile? I can't found it on google or searching in forum.

Thanks!!

Regards.

• 9 months later...