Rebranding Broadcom based 802.11b/g/n cards.

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

rimmi2002

rimmi2002

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

sometimes the antenna wires can be shorted in the conector crimp. might need new wire to back of lcd. ( happened to me)
or youre using wrong subvendor id
Broadcom Corporation BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:432b] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Apple Computer Inc. Device [106b:008d] yours says 8E . whats the device id ? 432b also ?

Thanks LatinMcG. My Device id is 432b per systeminfo app. My card is BCM94322MC...I guess I was told by someone else on TonymacOSx that for this card the subvendor ID is 8E. What is the difference between 8E and 8D. Where can I find the apple subvendor ID for a particular card? If I were to shorten the connector wires...how would I put the connector back on there? Thanks for the help.

Also someone on another forum told me this might be due to crappy antenna's that come with the PCI-E card. I took antenna's from my router and replaced the PCI-E antenna's with them and then I could see a whole lot more networks so that might be the big chunk of the problem.

s.goten

s.goten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

here ya go its in EXP1 now renamed to ARPT

thank you very much for your support but even with your modified dsdt nothing changes.

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Thanks LatinMcG. My Device id is 432b per systeminfo app. My card is BCM94322MC...I guess I was told by someone else on TonymacOSx that for this card the subvendor ID is 8E. What is the difference between 8E and 8D. Where can I find the apple subvendor ID for a particular card? If I were to shorten the connector wires...how would I put the connector back on there? Thanks for the help.

Also someone on another forum told me this might be due to crappy antenna's that come with the PCI-E card. I took antenna's from my router and replaced the PCI-E antenna's with them and then I could see a whole lot more networks so that might be the big chunk of the problem.

uhh EDIT: short wires ?? NOOO u dont want that short wires LOL (my wires broke from so much switching) short= bad

where can you find the subsystem ? i posted it its 8D not E. and subvendor is 106b not 103c
rebrand it in linux ?

thank you very much for your support but even with your modified dsdt nothing changes.

it should have worked. (EDIT if it was atheros. apparently bcm reads direct rom and dsdt is ignored.. registers in dsdt should work)
rebrand it and flash bios whitelist removed.

ptesone

ptesone

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

And what if i'm getting such error on the last step? What am i doing wrong?
'cp: writing `/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.5/0000:08:00.0/ssb_sprom': Operation not supported'

I had the same erro

I had to run this command

rmmod b43

and than do the copy…

Jedric

Jedric

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
cp: writing `/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1c.1/0000:0c:00.0/ssb_sprom': Operation not supported

Known issue.... http://linuxwireless...ers/Drivers/b43

Go to terminal and check the linux kernel, type "uname -a"

IMPORTANT: The 2.6.32 kernel will throw the following error message and refuse to write the SPROM:

Just use a newer or older kernel. Ubuntu 9 uses this kernel. Since you probably are using a livecd just download a ubuntu 10 or 11.

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
when i type git clone git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git into the terminal

i get
git clone git://git.bu3sch.de/b43-tools.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /home/ubuntu/b43-tools/.git/
fatal: Unable to look up git.bu3sch.de (port 9418) (Name or service not known)

help please

thanks

deckert

deckert

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Here is a git repository that should work for you - git://git.bues.ch/b43-tools.git

teme

teme

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
will try it

thanks

edit: yep, it worked.
got my card rebranded
thanks again

Markrtoon

Markrtoon

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
I keep getting an error.

Corrupt input data (crc:0x58, expected:0x00)

This is after I enter the
ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy
Anybody got any ideas? And thanks.

Also I've got my wireless card up and running in Ubuntu, and I'm using it to down the files. Could that be the reason for my troubles?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts
corupt data ? weird. test ram ? hdd ?

it took me 1 hr to figure out all the quirks. im going to bush gardens ill help u later

look in lspci to see if it shows it in 2 bridges if it does u have to use adition to the command for it with |grep and the bus number

philip_petev

philip_petev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi
I've managed to rebrand one Dell Wireless 1510 with this tuttorial. Now I want to change the Product ID (I don't mean SubProduct ID) too. There is a register in the eeprom, named ppid (PCI Product ID), but it contains a different value. Even if I change it, the Product ID remains 0x432b. Is there any way to change this ID?

TUX FIRE

TUX FIRE

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Something new about BCM4313 (id 4727) ?

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Something new about BCM4313 (id 4727) ?

nope .. still unsupported due to chip not being compatible.

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 1,258 posts
Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe mother board with Broadcom BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n [14e4:4359]

What is the probability of success for enabling Airport in Lion on this wifi card with rebranding?

plsh2me

plsh2me

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
Is that possible to rebranding a totally unknown card by Mac OS X, BCM 4313 [14e4:4727]/Dell DW1501?
If it is possible, which device ID & vendor ID should be preferable for this on this command - "ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy –-subv 0×106b –-subp 0×0087 -o new_ssb_sprom_copy" ?
Suggestion please..........

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Is that possible to rebranding a totally unknown card by Mac OS X, BCM 4313 [14e4:4727]/Dell DW1501?
If it is possible, which device ID & vendor ID should be preferable for this on this command - "ssb-sprom -i ssb_sprom_copy –-subv 0×106b –-subp 0×0087 -o new_ssb_sprom_copy" ?
Suggestion please..........

4727 isnt 43xx.. chip is not compatible... for the 20th time in this thread.

oSxFr33k

oSxFr33k

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Interests:Sound and Graphic Design. Electronics in general.
Does it matter which product id you choose? I chose 0x008b since that was the closest to my card from the link below, table at end of page.

http://www.osxlatitu...irport-extreme/

PCI Card WMP300N
BCM4321 Rev 1 a/b/n
14e4:4329

I could not get this to work the first time because I put the ven/id in the wrong plist. I added the id to the plist inside the kext 4331 instead of the 43224 by mistake.

Thanks for the fantastic guide, I can confirm that it works great in Mountain Lion!!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • 2,509 posts

Does it matter which product id you choose? I chose 0x008b since that was the closest to my card from the link below, table at end of page.

http://www.osxlatitu...irport-extreme/

PCI Card WMP300N
BCM4321 Rev 1 a/b/n
14e4:4329

I could not get this to work the first time because I put the ven/id in the wrong plist. I added the id to the plist inside the kext 4331 instead of the 43224 by mistake.

Thanks for the fantastic guide, I can confirm that it works great in Mountain Lion!!

it does.. the 87 is b/g... higher ones should be N

Beni79

Beni79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, in order to make my "dell dw1520 broadcom bcm4322 wireless agn half mini card + mini Pci-e wireless adapter" to work in my mountain lion hackintosh as an native airport, I installed Latest Ubuntu 12.10 Beta.

Here the card does get recognized and I can access my network.. though firefox doesnt want to show anything... When trying to access google it just say at the bottom: Transferring data from www.google.com...

So I opened Terminal, and started following instructions from this thread.

- sudo apt-get update <-- workd! But it took over 3 hours!! (though at the end I got lots of: W: Failed to fetch... Some url + connection failed [ip..]

then when tried the next lines: install build essential, curl or git-core... i always get the follow: package XXX is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.

So... What now?? :S

I've been a windows user for yeeeaars (since 3.1 or .11) and for a year ago, looking how the 8 was going to be, I got converted to Mac Os X (hackintosh). So no Linux experience or programming of any sort beside som websesign ;)

Any help would be great. :)

-B-

kevhawk

kevhawk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi, in order to make my "dell dw1520 broadcom bcm4322 wireless agn half mini card + mini Pci-e wireless adapter" to work in my mountain lion hackintosh as an native airport, I installed Latest Ubuntu 12.10 Beta.

Here the card does get recognized and I can access my network.. though firefox doesnt want to show anything... When trying to access google it just say at the bottom: Transferring data from www.google.com...

So I opened Terminal, and started following instructions from this thread.

- sudo apt-get update <-- workd! But it took over 3 hours!! (though at the end I got lots of: W: Failed to fetch... Some url + connection failed [ip..]

then when tried the next lines: install build essential, curl or git-core... i always get the follow: package {censored} is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source.

So... What now?? :S

I've been a windows user for yeeeaars (since 3.1 or .11) and for a year ago, looking how the 8 was going to be, I got converted to Mac Os X (hackintosh). So no Linux experience or programming of any sort beside som websesign ;)

Any help would be great. :)

-B-

The issue is ubuntu 12.10 beta, these versions dont not have all the packages ported to them please use ubuntu 12.04 LTS its more supported and if that doesnt work use the same ubuntu version talked about in the original post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy