ATI HD3850 ! : WORKING 10.5.5 9F9 drivers! NO WHITEMENUE!

mitch_de

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

i tried a lot to use newest (10.5.3, is 1.5.28 drivers) drivers with my ATI 3850 (MSI ).

NO WAY.

Only solution was:

using natit(TRIAKIS Version!)+TRIAKIS ATIDRV.kext+ the well known (no whitemenue) 1.5.24 drivers (came from 10.5.2+ATI update ).

I got the 10.5.5 dev update (the one before the dev realise last day) and installed with pacifist:

OpenGL Framework (V: 1.5.7.24.0) and all ATIRADEON2000.... kext/.bundle (1.5.30)

NOT!!!! ATINDRV.KEXT - you need this stay untouched

NOW:

newest OpenGL version 1.5.30 running, QE/CI and NO!!! whitemnues !!!

I testet with: SPORE, HALO 2.0.3, 3D Pinball : no problems using that dev drivers

So be patient for realised 10.5.5 update soon.

EDIT: 16.08.

You can find that drivers also here (its an pkg only with the video drivers + OpenGL Framework)

DOWNLOAD here:

OSX 10.5.5 DEV 9F9 Videodrivers+OpenGL Framework

Be carefull !, i would update it with pacifist, DONT (if you use/need TRIAKIS) install newer ATINDRV.KEXT!

EDIT 17.08.

Added my EFI-GFX string for 3850/512 MB to use only with my ATINDRV.KEXT(Triakis). DL below this page

Bild_177.jpg

I installed these drivers.

Yes,no white menus.....

But,QE is disabled. :(

Which card do you have (Model, Dev ID)?

I post here my ATINDRV-TRIAKIS and EFi-gfx string (its for 3850/512 and ATINDRV-TRIAKIS )

HOW:

1. Add my EFI-gfx for 3850/512 MB strings to your com.apple.Boot.plist , if you have same! card (9505/1002, ATI 3850/512 MB DDR3(its an MSI).

You only need the key/part of device-property (i only added one for 3850).

EFI-GFX string works with EFI 8 and cameleon.

2. remove/move your NATIT.KEXT out of the /system/extensions folder save it somewhere else

NATIT isnt not needed/is wrong if using an working EFI-GFX. Also EFI-GFX injection works often better that using natit.

3. Backup your ATINDRV.KEXT, Install my ATINDRV.KEXT , use KEXT HELPER or OSX86Tools for permissons OK

You can also, if you dont use KEXT HELPER or OSX86Tools for .kext install do an sudo chown -R root:wheel XXXX.kext

4.delete Extensions.mkext (in /System/Library)

5. reboot if problems with normal boot, boot with option -x in safemode and restore all changes back

Screenshoot Systemprofiler ("unterstützt"=german="supported")

DON´T use the EFI-GFX string if you have an other ATI card than 3850/512MB!!!

EDIT: The DL below ATINDRV.KEXT is the TRIAKIS one (hard to find)!!

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

ATINDRV.kext.zip

Bild_7.jpg

Which card do you have (Model, Dev ID)?

I post here my ATINDRV-TRIAKIS and EFi-gfx string (its for 3850/512 and ATINDRV-TRIAKIS )

HOW:

1. Add my EFI-gfx for 3850/512 MB strings to your com.apple.Boot.plist , if you have same! card (9505/1002, ATI 3850/512 MB DDR3(its an MSI).

You only need the key/part of device-property (i only added one for 3850).

EFI-GFX string works with EFI 8 and cameleon.

2. remove/move your NATIT.KEXT out of the /system/extensions folder save it somewhere else

NATIT isnt not needed/is wrong if using an working EFI-GFX. Also EFI-GFX injection works often better that using natit.

3. Backup your ATINDRV.KEXT, Install my ATINDRV.KEXT , use KEXT HELPER or OSX86Tools for permissons OK

You can also, if you dont use KEXT HELPER or OSX86Tools for .kext install do an sudo chown -R root:wheel XXXX.kext

4.delete Extensions.mkext (in /System/Library)

5. reboot if problems with normal boot, boot with option -x in safemode and restore all changes back

Screenshoot Systemprofiler ("unterstützt"=german="supported")

DON´T use the EFI-GFX string if you have an other ATI card than 3850/512MB!!!

I have an asus EAH3650 with these drivers.

Screenshot.

post-35058-1218990365_thumb.png

You cant use my efi-gfx string. Maybe you get somewhere an NATIT.KEXT which supports your 3650.

Also you need to add your DEV-IDs to the ATI drivers - 3850/3870 DEV-IDs are already in the orig. ATI drivers.

You cant use my efi-gfx string. Maybe you get somewhere an NATIT.KEXT which supports your 3650.

Also you need to add your DEV-IDs to the ATI drivers - 3850/3870 DEV-IDs are already in the orig. ATI drivers.

No,I don't used your efi-gfx string.

I used my self-modded NATIT for my 3650(dev-id:9598 and included in native drivers).

QE works with my NATIT and native drivers 1.5.28,but it have white-menus problem.

ATIDRV.KEXT 1.5.30 with Trikias frame-buffer plugin works,too.

I think it may have problem in OpenGL Framework,and I'll do something tests in these frameworks and drivers.

Thanks anyway. :P

No,I don't used your efi-gfx string.

I used my self-modded NATIT for my 3650(dev-id:9598 and included in native drivers).

QE works with my NATIT and native drivers 1.5.28,but it have white-menus problem.

ATIDRV.KEXT 1.5.30 with Trikias frame-buffer plugin works,too.

I think it may have problem in OpenGL Framework,and I'll do something tests in these frameworks and drivers.

Thanks anyway. :D

Ah, i see you know OSx86 :wacko: My waring about using an wrong(card) gfx-string was only for OSX86 beginners.

I hope you´ll get fixed it.

I dont know if you could test fi that mix works:

1. your old/working ATIRADEON2000.KEXT V 1.5.24/1.5.28 with new ATI RADEON2000XX.YY 1.5.30 set.

2. Also maybe test using your old (1.5.24/1.5.28) OpenGL Framework.

Also i would also try to build an gfx-str for your card!! Tools out there EFISTUDIO .

Sometimes it fixes things, natit cant fix (netcas told that 10.5.5 has some problems with natit)

Even if it not gives QE/CI, efi-gfx-str is always the better/direct way.

Ah, i see you know OSx86 :huh: My waring about using an wrong(card) gfx-string was only for OSX86 beginners.

I hope you´ll get fixed it.

I dont know if you could test fi that mix works:

1. your old/working ATIRADEON2000.KEXT V 1.5.24/1.5.28 with new ATI RADEON2000XX.YY 1.5.30 set.

2. Also maybe test using your old (1.5.24/1.5.28) OpenGL Framework.

Also i would also try to build an gfx-str for your card!! Tools out there EFISTUDIO .

Sometimes it fixes things, natit cant fix (netcas told that 10.5.5 has some problems with natit)

Even if it not gives QE/CI, efi-gfx-str is always the better/direct way.

Confirmed.

3650 will not work with 9F9 drivers.

I hope it will work in final 10.5.5 release. :P

Why Triakis ?

NETKAS Info:

Good ATI HD news / December 25th 2007 Posted to ATI

I have finaly figured out why newer FrameBuffer drivers doesn’t work at all, reason is PowerPlay and powermanagement, disabling it makes newer framebuffer works. Good news, fixed ATY_Triakis, now, with it, DVI and Dual monitors finaly works for 2600 cards !

also, that’s hope for 3870/3850 cards, testing in progress, stay tunned

ATY_TRIAKIS is a modified Framebuffer driver of ATY_LUMNA within the ATINDRV.KEXT , i think.

For me , the ATY_LUMNA didnt work and gave always an corrupted screen (ATI 3850, 512 MB, MSI).

Natit (or as me my EFIgfx string) points to that Framebufferdriver. So you can find some ATY_TRIAKIS or ATY_LUMNA entrys there.

Be sure to sue the fitting NATIT. The info which Framebuffer is used (TRIAKIS or LUMNA) is within the .plist.

There are a lot of different NATIT versions out, so check this .plist.

• 3 weeks later...

mitch_de, I followed your guide on my system but I get the Disco Screen Of Death. I used the 9F23 drivers and replaced my ATINDRV.kext with yours. I also replaced my Boot.plist with yours, but even without the EFI string I get disco.

My system:

Core 2 Duo E7200 on Asus P5B-Plus Vista Edition with 2 GB DDR2.

Sapphire Radeon HD3850 512MB PCI-E (9505 / 1002)

Leo4All v3 upgraded to 10.5.4 vanilla with EFIv8

My guess is the EFI string is not working for me, but I don't know how to fix it...

Can anyone help?

edit:

Fixed! I used EFIStudio to add my graphics card (HD3800) and changed Lumna to Triakis everywhere, then added it to Boot.plist and presto!.

Now only resuming from sleep doesn't work, I get vertical disco and system hangs. Maybe if I enable VGA BIOS re-post on resume, will try tonight.