NVidia 8600m GT problem

Vizzy

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone.

Yesterday I've installed Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my Acer Aspire 5920G laptop. It was fine, but then I updated it to 10.5.3 and started experiencing problems with my graphics card regarding visual effects and videos.

For example, the dockdoes not appear exactly smooth from hiding. When I go into Dashboard, widgets don't appear and disappear smoothly either and when I add new widgets there is none of that nice wavy effect upon widget's appearance. Also, when I minimize/maximize (especially maximize) windows, the effects aren't nice and smooth either. Screensavers are glitchy as well. That was all ok before I updated to 10.5.3. But what's most annoying is that whenever I insert a DVD it doesn't play it but show a popup with something like 'output device could not be found'. However, the resoultion is fine.

Is there a way to get everything nice again?

Thanks in advance.

Well it looks like I've ruined my OS X completely (it doesn't boot) messing with all those graphics drivers... I'm reinstalling Kalyway's 10.5.2 at the moment and will try your method as soon as I update to 10.5.3.

Thanks for your help :)

Well it looks like I've ruined my OS X completely (it doesn't boot) messing with all those graphics drivers... I'm reinstalling Kalyway's 10.5.2 at the moment and will try your method as soon as I update to 10.5.3.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi man! I've got 5920G too!!

Try this new release of my friend

http://ideneb.insanelymac.net/index.php?op...=65&lang=en

Our cards work :P