Help! No QE/CI after 10.5.3 update on 7300gt..

buschdogg

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I updated from 10.5.2 to 10.5.3 with the Kalyway combo update... I did this once before and used NVKush to get my Asus silent 7300gt working with QE/CI, but I can't get it working this time. Maybe I'm not doing whatever I did before. Here's where I'm at:

After the install, I downloaded and installed NVKush. I also deleted the nvinject.kext file and repaired permissions. It boots fine, but the card model is "I can has model" and only allows me to pick 1024x768 for my resolution. Alot of sites say "edit the info.plist file" but that file does not exist on my system. I also have no .kext folders, only files...

What should I do?

for reference, the rest of my hardware is as follows:

gigabyte ga-965p-s3 mobo

core 2 duo @ 2.6 ghz

2 gb ddr2 memory

Asus 7300gt silent version

a Presonus Firepod for sound.

I don't have the nvdanfiles.. I thought they were part of nvinject and deleted them.. am I screwed? I don't know what you mean about writing the correct deviceID, either... sorry, I'm relatively new to os x... and i didn't see any info.plist file anywhere in the extensions folder.

Ok.. I'm reading that you can edit plist's with "property list editor" ... is this part of os x? where can I find it?