March Desktops!

26 posts in this topic

Vista is just a laggy,crappier ,wananbee version of osx

First of all smart ass, that wasnt vista, that was windows xp. And second im tired of you mac lovers and the comments of osx rip. In no way is windows vista wanna be osx, second have u tested windows vista legaly, hmm im sure u havnt, third ITS A F**KING BETA FOR F**K SAKE.

First of all smart ass, that wasnt vista, that was windows xp. And second im tired of you mac lovers and the comments of osx rip. In no way is windows vista wanna be osx, second have u tested windows vista legaly, hmm im sure u havnt, third ITS A F**KING BETA FOR F**K SAKE.

where can you download a legal copy of vista beta (I got the impression u r using Vista- check quote), I am just buying out new parts for highly possible OSX rig and as it will not interrupt my projects, I seriously want to give vista a try before I make up my mind about upgrading my 5 wxp pro licences when Vista is ready.

where can you download a legal copy of vista beta (I got the impression u r using Vista- check quote), I am just buying out new parts for highly possible OSX rig and as it will not interrupt my projects, I seriously want to give vista a try before I make up my mind about upgrading my 5 wxp pro licences when Vista is ready.

I do use it legaly, u have to sign up as a beta tester and wait till ur litterly 50 years old to be invited or u can be like me and buy an msdn subscription, or a technet subscribtion, and finding illeagaly is very easy, its called bittorrent. :angel:

PS the screenshot u seen is windows xp modded by me to look like vista. i just wish all these mac lovers to quit the ripping on MS, im a mac and windows guy i love both os's equaly.

yeah, for me an OS is about productivity and enjoyment really, I like rendered GUIs though, osx has some advantages and some disadvantages compared to XP, and IMHO both are meant for slightly different users. I like OSX because all the fancy GUI stuff is also helpful (Expose especially) when working with multiple windows/programs and should save me a great deal of time once I get Maya and Photoshop native binaries. I like windows because if you don't mess up with it, it gets the job done at the end of the day + all the best games are on windows. I also like (Suse) Linux because it is a bit of both, I adore Gnome Desktop and the vast amount of compatible binaries available for Suse nevel fails to do the job as well. Unfortunately as I said, it's a "bit" of both, there is always something that is missing such as the commercial apps that I can't live without.

I think its bs to trash one os and worship the other since there are clear limitations to both and both have their significant shortcomings. Unless we get an OS that can do everything (give us a safe, productive, enjoyable and reliable experience all in one package while running all the apps we desire to use) the whole argument is kind of lame.

spclffred, how did u get ur system and display properties so awesome. And also ur icons on the desktop are awesome. How did u get the capsule effect on the text

ok systems properties thing, is the sysdm.cpl under the system32 folder, edited it and made it my own, as for the icons, i use whats called avedesk, its like konfabulator, now the widget for the icons i use is called pldshortcut, totaly customizable as far as the capsules and icon images.

Yeah thats a pretty decnt XP > Vista conversion.. Almost had me fooled, but the fonts arent as bold as the real Vista.

And as for the cheap OS X rip off... As much as I love Windows, It has ALWAYS been a rip off of the Mac OS, especially Vista. Vista uses this "desktop compostion" that I can almost want to say is like 2d Quartz, in OS X. I mean it looks really nice with all the fonts being really crisp and all the other features you get, but lets be honest, Gates didn't come up with this idea himself.

But thats just how gates rolls, take someone elses idea and make it better..

DeskMiniBezel-Prev.png

(Click to expand)

OS .: Tiger 10.4.5 Intel :.

Theme .: Aqua Default :.

Wallpaper .: Same wallpaper as my Windows setup :.

Icons .: Somatic by David Lanham :.

Other Apps .: Quicksilver MiniBezel by me :.

Windows one :

AquaPreview.png

Clean | Dirty

OS .: Windows :.

Theme .: Tiger per pixel WB5 by me (mod of Steve Grenier's theme):.

Wallpaper .: Found on iCreate, modded to remove that ugly xp bar at the bottom:.

Icons .: Agua by David Lanham and Tiger Defaults:.

Firefox .: Safire modded by me :.

Other Apps .:Avedesk:.

I've been using Vista on my PC at work for the last 3 months or so, and yes it is a very blantent rip off of OSX. In the past Windows has always taken little bits here and there when they copied the Mac OS. but with Vista, so much of it just screams "Yes We are stealing the Mac OS and We don't care." They should have just called Vista 'Microsoft Windows OS X'

There are some videos floating around on the web called "The 'Real' Windows Vista" where they take Bill Gates Keynote about all the New Features in Vista and replaced all the Video of Vista with Video of OSX and iLife. Its a real shame that Microsoft has lowered themselves to this and have just stopped trying to hide the fact that they are copying the Mac.