ssutton

23 posts in this topic

Amd64 s939 Winchester 3200+ 2.0ghz @ 2.45ghz

Msi K8n-Neo2 Platinum Mother Board

Radeon 9600pro 128mb Graphics Card

1g Pc4000 Ram

80g WD Cavier Hard Drive

That what you wanted to know??

Running 0.2v of the maxxuss patch, found it works best for me.

Regards

HoZy

i'm using photoshop elements 3 on 2 computer

both with osx

first is a toshiba libretto u100 with maxxuss 0.4.1 and it works fine

the second is a toshiba portege rr200 with maxxuss 0.4.1 and platform=x86pc in boot file

on the u100 it works fine but on the r200 when i run ps3 it says not enough memory, both machine have 512MB of ram and in activity monitor both have more than 200mb of ram free.

also on the r200 the battery monitor doesn't work and the battery is see by the system

No way it is faster than a G5, though. Apply any filter and even a 1.4 G4 will be faster than this on Rosetta on the fastest PC. (Rosetta can't run altivec functions...)

Runs tolerably, though.

yeah but if i delete it my computer won't boot :-(

any other chance?

damn this platform=x86pc is a big problem maker.... no battery no photoshop.... what else will not work? :-(

i'll try something new

If you have an NForce 3 board, try the patch linked in this thread: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?sh...possible+nforce

Page 3, macgirl reply. Name of the file:

Attached File(s)

Attached File  AppleOnboardPCATA.kext.tar.gz ( 32.37k )

Ok, so, I am also getting the RAM error message. So, if I remove platform=x86pc, will I be able to boot Photoshop? It is the last program that I need to run. Specs are:

System Information:

Intel Pentium 4 Processor @ 3.0GHz w/SSE3 compatibility

512MB Corsair PC3200 RAM

Radeon 9550 Graphics Card

120GB Hard Drive

120GB Hard Drive

photoshop cs2 exits when i have a psd open and then try to open another file. but its the tryout version and i just got a hold of adobe cs2 so im gonna give that a shot... dont ask why i felt to give input.

I'm able to open and run PS CS to a certain extent. I can edit small multiple images. But when I try to edit a 13ft x 8ft image, it tends to lag a bit. Maybe because I have Opera, iTune, and messenger taking up most of the memory. Also guys, editing images takes alot of memory so you might want to change the scratch disk on a different drive or partition. I'm still working on it :(.

• 3 months later...

I have to boot with tag : platform=x86pc on my system : p4 sse2 osx86 10.4.1 - Maxuss patch 0.5c

so photoshop don't work too, but imageready works ok without crashing... but very slow

I wonder what extensions are used by photoshop and not used by imageready.....

I will try to specify platform=x86pc|acpi at boot

and to remove some kext to test photoshop.

Or remove the boot tag and remove the appleacpi kext from extensions ?

What do you think about ?

Thanks