Another success story here:

MB: ...obvious.... F4 BIOS

CPU: Intel Q6600 2.4GHz

RAM: 4GB

Video: EVGA Ge8600GT SSC 256MB

Disk: Western Digital 160GB SATA 2

DVD: Samsung SATA DVD-Writer

DVD: Samsung IDE DVD-Writer

I followed the weaksauce guide and it went without a hitch. The only issue I had was the PS/2 keyboard issue, which forced me to re-install as I don't have a USB keyboard around. Other than that, audio, video, network are working without any issue.

A big thank you to all of you for the awesome work.

Thanks a lot.

Quick question guys. I've searched this whole thread front to back, and found no info on this. I'm planning to get a GA-EP35C-DS3R board, and am not sure whether or not it is supported. I see all kinds of info on the EP35 series, but no info on the EP35C.

I was gonna use a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz and some DDR3 RAM. Not really sure whether DDR3 is even supported by Hacintosh, but if it is, it would be pretty cool.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This is mt 1st post.

Installed Kalyway 10.5.2 re: Weaksauce guide.

My problem so far is:

I am having trouble with video drivers..... I think

I must have done 5 clean installs and as I get into 10.5.4 everything is fine until I

install the NVinstaller v. 52. This machine will boot and then go to a blue screen which goes

dim blue and hangs.

Before I install the NVinstaller I only have a screen res of 1024 by 768 but everything works.... wake...restart....shut down.

I have followed the install to the letter and am really good at it after the fifth try. :)

The one thing that I wonder about is that when my computer starts I see this readout in one of the black screens before OSX opens: VESA V 3.0 256MB (NVIDIA)

IS my Bios telling me that my Vid card is only 256 megs?

The ASUS vid card states that it is a 512 card.

I am very new to the Hackintosh world but am encouraged by my progress so far.

Any thoughts?

Regards!

My system Setup:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L with F5 BIOS

Q6600

4GB ram (Corsair DDR2-800)

Asus EN7600GS vid

SATA 80GB HD (OSX install on this with GUID)

SATA Lite On DVD-/+RW drive

Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S wireless (Mac see's this card as an Airport card right off the bat)

The one thing that I wonder about is that when my computer starts I see this readout in one of the black screens before OSX opens: VESA V 3.0 256MB (NVIDIA)

IS my Bios telling me that my Vid card is only 256 megs?

The ASUS vid card states that it is a 512 card.

I am very new to the Hackintosh world but am encouraged by my progress so far.

Any thoughts?

Regards!

My system Setup:

Asus EN7600GS vid

Silly question, but is the Asus card on the HCL? I know that some 512mb cards had difficulty installing. My lame suggestion would be to try doing the install with the default setting on 256mb if you want to use the nvinstaller. There are better, more precise ways of setting up your video drivers using EFI strings, but I'm not familiar with those methods. Try to boot into single user mode (using -x as a boot parameter) and running the movevidedrivers script into the root directory of your OSX boot drive to remove the video drivers and get you back up without having to reinstall for the 6th time.

anyone tried using Bios F11..?
Nope, probably because the newest BIOS for this board is 6a:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/Motherb...?ProductID=2778

Hey Everyone,

I just want to up-date my progress so far.

In my last post I stated I was having trouble with my video card....well I now have a working Hackintosh!

I replaced my ASUS 7600GS 512 with a Gigabyte 7600GT 256 and right from the first boot

the thing worked! I have full resolution selection and QE is recognized. Machine shuts down and restarts just fine.....have to check the sleep thing. The screen rotation option even works.

DVD player works just fine.

It seems that the video card is one of the most important items in the build...please choose a

correct card when you build......do your research! Take it from someone who has become very good at doing a clean install of leo! :)

I have installed the audio driver from the Weaksauce package and am going to test now.

I built this box in hopes of using it for recording audio.

I have installed a RME PAD......PCI sound card but so far it is not recognized......loaded the Mac drivers......anyone have any thoughts on this? I think I might have to explore the firewire option.

I would like to thank everyone involved in this great project.

I will keep you updated as thing progress.

Schmitzy

My system Setup:

Weaksauce....Kalyway install to 10.5.4

Q6600

Gigabyte 7600GT 256

Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S wireless (Mac see's this card as an Airport card right off the bat) works great!

Hey Everyone,

More information.

I have solved my sound card problem!

In my last post I stated that I tried to install a RME Digi 96 sound card and could not get it

to work. I later realized that this is a Mac-tel mac and needed universal drivers. The RME card

is older and works for Mac or Windows but not for universal. I traded the card in for an RME HDSP 9632 installed the UB drivers and so far the tests are 100%. Also I installed my Lynx AES16 sound card....and it was recognized as well. I am very pleased with this result.

I know many people are going the USB or firewire route for sound out-put. Just want to let everyone know that you can use onboard cards as well.

I checked out the wake up from sleep. 100%

I have won a ADS Pyro firewire PCI card on E-bay for $4.00 and this will add firewire 400 to my machine.

I still have to test out my on board ethernet.

Schmitzy

My system Setup:

Weaksauce....Kalyway install to 10.5.4

Q6600

Gigabyte 7600GT 256

Buffalo WLI2-PCI-G54S wireless (Mac see's this card as an Airport card right off the bat) works great!

RME HDSP 9632 sound card ( all the way up to 192!)

this is funny, had installed 10.5.5 and checked kernel, was 9.5 but after installing the efi strings for my graphics card using the EFIStudio the kernel is now at 9.2.

"9.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386 i386"

but when i check the frameworks it still says that i have kernel 9.5 so now which one i have???

kernel1co4.th.pngthpix.gif

kernel2lu5.th.pngthpix.gif

thanks

Had anyone here been successful of using EFI Strings for sound and get it working? I am using EFI Studio with my video card and is 100% wofking, with QE/CI support.

I have Retail Install using boot132.

My specs:

Gigabyte EP35-DS3L (The most compatible board ever...Next Gen BadAxe)

Nvidia 8800 Ultra (factory OC'd)

E8400 @ 3.0 GHz (C0 Stepping, OC'd to 3.71 GHz, fully stable)

2x1Gb Team Xtreem Dark DDR2 800 MHz @ 5-5-5-16

Silverstone 750W PSU

Gigabyte Volar HS/Fan

Samsung SATA DVD Writer with Lighscribe

WD Caviar 80Gb SATA HDD (Windows)

WD Caviar 250Gb SATA HDD (Leopard)

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb HDD

Generic Bluetooth

Shutdown using OpenHaltRestart.kext from Psystar

PS/2 Fix from PCwizz Gigabyte control center app (very nice)

Perfect Mac Pro...running 10.5.5 plus latest security update.

Also, can anyone confirm if all 6 ports are fully working, plus the Coax and SPDIF out, coz the only thing working on mine is the Line out and microphone. haven't tested the SPDIF, but if anyone had used it, please share.

I've tried getting my system to run Leopard OSX and have not had any luck. I've followed weaksauses guide and I can even get the disc to boot, it just gives me an error saying system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found I am willing to give someone who can get my system running my Asus Rampage Motherboard that I don't use anymore because I bought a GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard to run OSX on. I live in Huntington Beach, CA. Let me know if you can help because I'm tired of running Vista. Here are my system specs:

GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard (2) Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drives

ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DRW-2014L1T OEM

Thermaltake W0131RU 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified NVIDIA QUAD-SLI APPROVED 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

EVGA 8800GT SSC Graphics Card

OCZ Reaper HPC 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Desktop Memory

ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 Channels 24-bit 192KHz PCI Express Interface Sound Card

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

Best Regards,

Nick

Here is my slightly different approach, which is actually a mixture of the tseug's guide http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120540 and weaksauce12's guide which you all know, maybe some of you are interested.

I don't want to describe all again in depth and step by step, but you could find all information and needed files etc. by reading the above mentioned threads.

1. Boot with tsengs provided iso image for the DS4 series.

2. Install from retail DVD; 10.5 is what i used

3. Install combo update 10.5.5 + the rest of updates using the software updater

-> After that i lost bonjour support which worked before

-> Installed the R1000 driver kext and bonjour worked again

-> Macintosh HD was discovered as a removable device

4. Install Chameleon

5. Install kexts by running post_install script provided by eclau in first post

-> after that Macintosh HD disk was detected as a normal disc again ...

(6. I used EFIStudio v8 to patch boot.plist... for my GF7900GT)

7. Used AppleHDA Patcher v1.2 + alc888-a.txt dump in order to get audio working like mentioned in one of the earlier posts

8. Install CHUD framwork (downloaded it from Apple)

9. Installed power off fix which didn't work for me.

-> So i started the little poweroff app by hand within the shell

and got the following error message: GetHostUUIDString ... Error 35

I found the following on netkas forum http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,83.0.html and the error message, which also appeared while installing apps via macports etc. disappeared.

I am not 100% sure but i think my shutdown problem was related to this, but the next time i tried to shutdown it worked, even it won't have been a big issue for me to finally turn the maschine off by hand ...

Thanx to all of you for making my hackintosh possible

woelfs

GA-EP35-DS3L of course

Q6600

4GB Kinston ...

GF7900GT

Woelff's, thanks a lot. I followed your guide, and I now have a 95% working Hackintosh running 10.5.5. Shut down is the only thing giving me gripes, even despite the Error 35 fix you suggested. It's not that big of a deal.

This topic has been very helpful to me in setting up my GA-EP35-DS3L. Thanks!

Has anybody been able to get the computer to wake from sleep with USB keyboard or mouse? Only the power button currently will wake from sleep.

This topic has been very helpful to me in setting up my GA-EP35-DS3L. Thanks!

Has anybody been able to get the computer to wake from sleep with USB keyboard or mouse? Only the power button currently will wake from sleep.

The P35 and EP35 series only wake from the Power Buttona afaik. I actually find it handy because if I bump the table, it doesn't wake up.

FYI, my new BOOT132 system has been successfully tested on the EP35 as well as the P35 and will be released this month, before Thanksgiving. It's similar to my Kalyway method, but is much easier, uses a Retail Leopard DVD to install, you can download Apple Software Updates, and has a Vanilla Kernel from the beginning. Everything works, including DVD, Time Machine, sleep/shutdown/restart, Onboard Ethernet (100%), etc. I'll post back in here when it's ready; if you'd like an early copy with basic instructions to test, please PM me.

Shut down is the only thing giving me gripes, even despite the Error 35 fix you suggested. It's not that big of a deal.

Fixed my problem. I have USB speakers generally connected to my Mac, so I didn't think there was any need to set up the sound hack as mentioned earlier. However, I decided to install it anyway, and now my shutdown problem has been eliminated!

7. Used AppleHDA Patcher v1.2 + alc888-a.txt dump in order to get audio working like mentioned in one of the earlier posts

Everyone, weaksauce12 is currently working on a new boot132 guide to do a retail install on the EP35 and P35-DS3L boards. The installation process is much quicker and simpler than using the kalyway disk. It used to work off a USB flash drive, but he's setting it up to boot directly from a HD using Chameleon EFI.

I've used his beta guide for 10.5.5, and it works beautifully. You need a retail copy of Leopard and SATA drives - NO IDE.

Check his original Leopard Soup thread for details and updates (there's a link to it in the first post of this thread).

We'll leave this thread open, but I won't be checking or supporting it anymore. You are all encouraged to move to the retail install method.

Everyone, weaksauce12 is currently working on a new boot132 guide to do a retail install on the EP35 and P35-DS3L boards. The installation process is much quicker and simpler than using the kalyway disk. It used to work off a USB flash drive, but he's setting it up to boot directly from a HD using Chameleon EFI.

I've used his beta guide for 10.5.5, and it works beautifully. You need a retail copy of Leopard and SATA drives - NO IDE.

Check his original Leopard Soup thread for details and updates (there's a link to it in the first post of this thread).

We'll leave this thread open, but I won't be checking or supporting it anymore. You are all encouraged to move to the retail install method.

Updated the draft copy, I believe we've got IDE working now (stable). I'll post a link when I'm done. Should be over Thanksgiving break. Super easy, super stable, super awesome :P

• 4 months later...
EDIT: I have discovered a new problem, I can't watch any flash videos. I tried to uninstall and re-install Adobe Flash Player but it did not work. I even used the uninstaller on Adobe's page but when I go to the download page it says "you have 9.xxxx flash player installed." even though I just UNINSTALLED!!! I can't seem to get anything working...anyone else experience this? To be a little more specific, the video will play for about 2 seconds and then freeze, and then if I move the timer to a different part, the same thing will happen. Quicktime works fine so I don't think it has to do with my videocard... thanks for any suggestions

I currently have the same problem, did you ever find a fix?

Cheers

Gavin

• 5 months later...
I currently have the same problem, did you ever find a fix?

Cheers

Gavin

I'm guessing you don't have a sound device configured or its not configured correctly. Is that the case?

I recall seeing this before -- a long time ago.

--Mak