Ive never seen anything so ugly in my life

23 posts in this topic

i went to this university today to hear this quartet play and stuff, and when i was there, i saw a room that said something like 'music technology' and the first thing that came to my mind is macs, so i looked inside and they had a powermac g5 in there, and i look up, and it was connected to an ugly 20" crt :D

lol i couldnt believe it

CRT are still the best when it comes to crisp pictures and overall pictrue quality IMO. I've yet to see a flat monitor that has the same clarity as a good high-end CRT. I haven't seen Apple's Cinema Displays though.

lol you would have had to see it to see what im talking about

you look at the powermac, it looks hot

you look up, expecting a plasma display and you see this really ugly crt display

(not that its an ugly display, just that it was ugly and crt :))

CRT displays (good ones) are still unbeaten in qulity of the picture by the LCDs. And they can handle any resolution, while an LCD is only good at the "optimal" one...

I still use CRTs when possible.

I want the last 34 seconds of my life back.

36_1_19.gif

Shouldn't this be in the Thunderdome? Btw, compare the price between a LCD and CRT that has 2000+ res @80+ refresh. I love My 21" true flat and I would never trade it with the current LCD.

I want the last 34 seconds of my life back.

Priceless... :thumbsdown_anim:

I actually prefer using a CRT more than LCD. It might just be me, but I always find it much easier to work with apps like photoshop. That's at the expense of all the space it takes up on my desk though. :blink:

lol you would have had to see it to see what im talking about

you look at the powermac, it looks hot

you look up, expecting a plasma display and you see this really ugly crt display

(not that its an ugly display, just that it was ugly and crt :P)

So, what you're saying, is that if I go buy a Mac G5 case, and load it up with PC parts, it rocks?

You base you opinion on looks?

Some new LCD's have some technology. My freinds old one does. It makes any resolution look optimal on his LCD. It was some cheap ass brand ....samsung or LG. Not sure.

My laptop LCD ownz my CRT anyday, but only on OSX. Macs seem to have better and sharper colors. Dunno why.

what I think he was implying is that the original poster made a big thing of the 20" CRT monitor being the ugliest thing he had seen when it really wasn't that bad and he had wasted the 34 seconds reading the post.

Or I could be wrong :idea:

Mark

I have a CRT monitor and I don't really mind it. My iMac's LCD is MUCH better quality, but the CRT gets the job done.

I love's CRT too ! they are free, you can found them in quite state at your cumbersome's trash

My dad's old job was throwing away a bunch of CRT monitors so I went ahead and grabbed this one. It works quite nicely for being trash.

The big - and unadvertised - drawback of LCDs is that the fluorescent lamp slowly loses brightness no matter what you do. It's a gradual process so you might not realise it but it is really obvious if you put a new monitor next to an older one. Whereas CRTs will go on for years, the full-output quality of an LCD may be as low as two years. That means you're paying a high premium for that sexy panel.

The big - and unadvertised - drawback of LCDs is that the fluorescent lamp slowly loses brightness no matter what you do. It's a gradual process so you might not realise it but it is really obvious if you put a new monitor next to an older one. Whereas CRTs will go on for years, the full-output quality of an LCD may be as low as two years. That means you're paying a high premium for that sexy panel.

They will never advertise that fact unless they perfect it. The plasma screens are the same way. They last only 4yrs, then you start to see the difference in quality.