JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3

vitalyk

123 posts in this topic

To all you people addressing your comments directly to JaS.... JaS is not currently online. Hasn't been for a couple of weeks. You would know this if you had bothered to read the threads. Don't expect any replies from JaS for awhile.

That is all. Noobs can - and will - now continue to make posts starting with, "Hi, JaS".

I am not successful with this release. 4 installations with different options. No go through 1-st restart.

Best result - grey screen with live mouse.

Bad in the release - absent of PS2 keyboard.

Also bad that default option is not working option.

Good news:

This is first install DVD that works from IDE DVD on SATA controller.

Only I need to change in BIOS "onboard sata" to IDE during installation, and back to AHCI after it.

Hi guys!

I am on the umpteenth attempt too I wait for urgent help because of this:

I installed it successfully the os, but the error message "turn the machine off" at the time of the first reboot

what I do badly, what kind of packets I should install? (please

My config:

Asrock P4I65

CPU:

- Socket 478 Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz HT SSE2

Chipset:

- Northbridge: Intel 865G

- Southbridge: Intel ICH5

Audio:

- Cmedia 9761A AC97

LAN:

- Realtek PCI LAN 8101L

Video:

- nVidia 7600 gs

I would like very much already well working MacOS!

Hi Folks,

first of all, I'm sorry for posting stupid questions. I'm new at this Board and in the Hackintosh world.

I bought my Mother a Mac and now i want some Leopard on my PC.

The problem i have at the moment: I have read many threads, now that there are many releases, but i don't know how to download anyone of theses Releases, cause i can't find any link.

Many of you guys begin laughing, but it would be very nice if anyone could help.

Thank you.

My experience:

Hardware:

- Intel D945GCNL motherboard

- 2.6GHz Core 2 Duo proc

- onboard GMA950 GPU; also used a eVGA Geforce 8600GT

- used both ATA and SATA HDD

- LietOn ATA DVD/CDRW drive

It seemed that if I did a partition/file system format with this iso, I could not boot afterwards (no OS found). If I first installed from an old Leo4All 10.5.2 disk then installed Jas 10.5.4 afterwards I could boot fine.

I went for a fairly plain install - kernel, NVKush when I had GeForce card in, Intel ICHx chipset, Azalia audio (mobo supposedly has ALC1988 but that didn't work; Azalia worked), Apple Realtek network add-in.

I named the partition "Unknown1" with no space to work around the post-install script issue with NVKush.

Works great. Installed fine to either ATA or SATA disk. GMA950 only at 1024x768; GeForce worked at native 1920x1200 (but initially booted at lower res and changing res caused a blank blue screen; I had to reset but then system was in desired res and worked fine).

Audio not reported but volume icon shows up; my guess is it is working but I have no speakers to verify.

Network works fine (seemed slow though when uploading from Mac).

I then tried installing the 10.5.5 combined update following the directions about repeatedly removing the one kext and then replacing the 'don't steal' kext before restarting. That did not work. After first restart with -v system hung at:

MAC framework successfully initialized

Using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

I was able to update JaS 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 usiping this method, look at my sig and only use this method if you system matches mine or you are willing to try it and see what happens. This method did trash my Kalyway 10.5.4 system.

* Download MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.pkg to desktop

* open terminal and type sudo bash and enter system password

* now copy and past this into terminal

* while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

* now click on combo update and install

* After install is complete reboot and hit F8 at Darwin boot and add the switches -f -v

* your hackintosh should reboot a second time and you should be good to go

Note: you may have to re install some drivers and something maybe missing from "About this MAC"

I tested this method on my JaS 10.5.4 DVD

hello can anyone help me? i installed jas 10.5.4 without any problem..evrything worked for me.. my video card, sound card, mouse etc. except for my keyboard. it says it cant detect my keyboard and keeps on searching! i use a4tech ps2 keyboard and a4tech usb mouse.. my mouse works but not keyboard.. can anybody tell me how to fix this?

Hi

I wonder if anyone has any ideas what the problem could be.

I have an IBM/Lenovo T40 Intel laptop and was able to run 10.4.8 without any problems with sound, WIFi, etc I wanted to go for a newer version to be able to install Itunes, so in the process of installing 10.5.4 for about the 4th time. When I'm asked to press F8 for option I type -v and it does install, I erased all data and under option I have only the 2 default, it install all the way but when it reboots it shows the Apple logo for a few seconds and reboot itself.

I disable most of the stuff i could think of in the Bios but still same problem.

Any ideas? should I try to install Server? Is there another version I could try?

Thanks in advance.

I was able to update JaS 10.5.4 to 10.5.5 usiping this method, look at my sig and only use this method if you system matches mine or you are willing to try it and see what happens. This method did trash my Kalyway 10.5.4 system.

* Download MacOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.pkg to desktop

* open terminal and type sudo bash and enter system password

* now copy and past this into terminal

* while sleep 1 ; do rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext ; done

* now click on combo update and install

* After install is complete reboot and hit F8 at Darwin boot and add the switches -f -v

* your hackintosh should reboot a second time and you should be good to go

Note: you may have to re install some drivers and something maybe missing from "About this MAC"

I tested this method on my JaS 10.5.4 DVD

Didn't work for me, followed your exact steps, went into a constant reboot from darwin. Have reinstalled Jas 10.5.4 w/ ps2 patch and will try the next method.

I installed using GUID without problems..

On my install, in System Profilre under hardware I get error and can not display any info

had same problem with system profiler - used the AppleSMBIOS from v27 and fixed it...(AppleSMBIOS-27-Default.zip)

To be able to install it successfully,you should know your system and select the right driver or it will not work even though you have seen it finished and boot. Normally you will encouter the problem when booting on a apple logo continuous boot after apple logo ; Grey background or blue background

Hello guys, i m french so sorry for my poor english. I ve just download Jas Osx server 10.5.4. I did many installation with different options but the background stay grey. My configuration is :

Motherboard : Intel d945gcnl

Cpu : Core2duo e4500

Ram : 2 go 667 mhs

Hdd : Samsung 160 go Sata

Dvd : Optiarc Sata

Video card : Nvidia 8600gt

I customize installation with these options :

Jas os system + Osx server

kernel : stage xnu

Chipset : intel ichx

apple ahci port

alc888

generic sata drive icon fix

intel ich7 to ich9 ahci controller

smbios 667

cleanup

If somebody can help me it will be very cool. At the moment my hackintosh is equipped with Kalyway 10.5.5 and i haven't any problem with.

Thanks a lot best regards Julien

i have xps 1530 and it wont find keyboard or mouse any suggestions?

mate used usb mouse and keyboard first then search on this site where the ps2 install fixed sorry i can't provide you the links now i just format my harddisk.

@jfp

Try to install again but this time do not select any smbios..

Hi Jas

I am getting an Boot 1 error initially.

Moreover, I got Image checksum error after trying to boot cd using the generic.iso. Its still getting nowhere as i thought the iso will be able to boot into the newly installed system.

Please kindly advice.

Thanks.

Hi there,

After about two weeks of research, I finally got my Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 to work completely. I have a Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505, with the ATI x1400 graphics card, and 1.83GHz Core Duo chip. I used the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 installer DVD to install my Hack-a-Mac into an external drive. When I installed the iDeneb installer, I chose these options because they are the ones that worked best with my laptop and I had tested them all and knew they worked.: ICHx Fixed under the Chipset option, 9.5 Vanilla Kernel under the Kernel option, AppleBC440x under the Ethernet part of the Network options, Cpus=1 Fix and PowerManagement options under the Fix section. Afterward I made some more adjustment so that everything works quite well now.

Now I am looking into this Server stuff and am wondering if I was to install JaS's, "OsX86 Server 10.5.4 Intel SSE2 SSE3" update, using Pacifist, would it completely mess my system up since I am currently using 10.5.5?

Any info would help since I am not very good at this and don't know anything about Server stuff at all. If there is no way, I will just forget it. But if I can, I figure I could upgrade it to 10.5.5 Server later because I noticed others were successful at it.

Thanks,

Bill Dotson

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

After a year to mess around with OSX with various method of installation, * thanks to this forum *, I got my first Mac Pro up and running and it is pretty stable for almost half year now. As recently I am playing around with FreeNas, get some old combo and setup my second Mac Pro on the following:- (may be you will be interested to build one)

MB: SuperMicro X6DH8-G2 (from ebay @USD44)

Dual Xeon 3.06 @533 (SOCKET 604) which is pretty old but @USD80

2GB ECC registered RAM @USB70 (plan to upgrade to 8GB)

A hugh tower server case that can fit in 8 x 5.25 bay, 6 x 3.5" Internal HD @USD100

2 x DVDRW to onboard IDE @no cost..

1 x 80GB (IDE hitachi) @no cost...

onboard dual 1GB lan working pretty well

Still looking for a better display card as this MB has a PCI-8x slot, so I may look for a nvidia chip video card instead of using the onboard ATI match 64 (as I am tired of looking for driver now)...

Install method: Jas 10.4.8.. pretty straight forward and everything work well..

I am now downloading the MacOSXServerUpdCombo 10.5.5 and will test it out.

What I plan to do is to put up a PCI-64bit hardware raid card with 4 x 1TB storage on it...so that i can keep all my virtual image like XP, Ubuntu, Vista and FreeNAS....

If you have any recommendation, advise, please feel free to post it..

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi i just install JAS10.5.4 on my MSIp45NEO + Q6600 + 4GB DDR2 800 kingston + 250gb WD SATAII + XFX 8600GT 512mb, it install but when reboot it shows: BOOT1: ERROR and nothing happens.Any clue?Thanks¡¡Gonzalo