vitalyk

123 posts in this topic

Hello

Fisrt many thanks for this fine release which is near perfection

-nothing to repair

-no errors in console

-Intel modes added fine

-etc...

But, please, how do you install this release? (My chipset is nforce4 MCP51)

I put the DVD and boot on it and have the well known "still waiting for boot device"

I try "rd=diskxsy", enabling in bios just the primary ide chanel, disk master and DVD slave.

I see that some people boot on DVD but read on disk?? So i see the whole DVD can be copied on disk but no luck...

It is a clear evidence that ATA kext are not loaded along DVD booting

Edit

Including AppleNforceATA.kext in .iso fle so install : problem with PS2 and with language :some term are translatted other remain English

Finally, i put the DVD in an external USB drive and attach an external USB disk drive, make the install, copy from USB disk to primary ide master disk and finally install from IATKOS 2 the Darwin EFI bootloader (thanks to Mysticus)

Please, somebody could explain a simpler procedure ????

On my laptop it install fine, and runs fine, but without keyboard and touchpad, video driver, ethernet, wireless and audio. :(

Used: Stage XNU kernel

Hardware:

Acer 8104 Laptop

2Ghz Pentium M - SSE2

X700 mobility

Broadcom BCM5788 ethernet

Intro PRO 2915ABG Wireless

Intel ICH6 chipset

Actually Server is only a choice in the installation. You can install only the client/regular Mac OS X also.

So 10.5.4 or if you want you can install 10.5.4 Server.

How would I install this on a Dell Inspiron 2200 (non-server edition)

Specs:

Pentium M 725 (1.60GHz, 400MHZ FSB, 2MB Cache)

1.28GB, RAM

Wireless:Dell 1350 (802.11 b/g)

Graphics: Integrated Intel Extreme 2 Graphics

Help!

I can install with no problems, sound, eth. etc. works perfectly on my AMD X2 6000+ and very fast...

BUT:

I got a PNY Geforce 8600 GT 512MB GFX Bord.. When I install the drivers from the DVD I get QE/CI but if I change the resulution the monitor turns blue. The system seems to run without poblems but I got no screen.. even -x at start doesnt help..

can anybody help?? I got this strange thing on leo4all too :-((

Help!

I can install with no problems, sound, eth. etc. works perfectly on my AMD X2 6000+ and very fast...

BUT:

I got a PNY Geforce 8600 GT 512MB GFX Bord.. When I install the drivers from the DVD I get QE/CI but if I change the resulution the monitor turns blue. The system seems to run without poblems but I got no screen.. even -x at start doesnt help..

can anybody help?? I got this strange thing on leo4all too :-((

are u using dvi if yes then try using the other port get a converter or somthing

Has anyone gotten LAN to work with this on a GA P965 DS-3? (Marvell Yukon 88E8056).

I've tried all the .plist changes suggested in the other appleyukon2.kext threads but I can't get the ethernet option under Network.

Everything else, except the orange SATA connectors, seems to work like a charm.

Has anyone gotten LAN to work with this on a GA P965 DS-3? (Marvell Yukon 88E8056).

I've tried all the .plist changes suggested in the other appleyukon2.kext threads but I can't get the ethernet option under Network.

Everything else, except the orange SATA connectors, seems to work like a charm.

Hi,

Try this thread to get your LAN work.

intel pro 1000 & Marvell Yukon 88E8038 (probably many more)

Good luck. :)

kizwan

I had a strange issue: it kept freezing few second before setting the system for the first boot, i had to reset the computer many times till it worked. I think maybe the problem was caused by my x1650 agp. Anyway now everything is working GREAT!

I've tried several distros and this is the only one working on my outdated computer =)

Thank you JaS you're the hackintosh legend

Jas,

I Have an issue with this installer...

After installing this when it boot up.... it would boot the video but after the video a window prompt will state i need to install my keyboard.. my mouse didn't work too....

Here is my specs: ASUS P5KPL-VM, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, and 4 GB of RAM, XFX 8800GT 512MB..

Im a N00B so don't know much about the workarounds of this....

Jas,

I Have an issue with this installer...

After installing this when it boot up.... it would boot the video but after the video a window prompt will state i need to install my keyboard.. my mouse didn't work too....

Here is my specs: ASUS P5KPL-VM, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300, and 4 GB of RAM, XFX 8800GT 512MB..

Im a N00B so don't know much about the workarounds of this....

Hi,

I have the same problem. It seem I need ApplePS2Controller.kext file to get it working. Extract the kext file from iATKOS v4i DVD. I can't find it in JaS 10.5.4 DVD. You need to use USB keyboard & mouse to install this kext.

This is simple step-by-step how to install this kext file:-

1) Save ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip at your Desktop.

2) Extract the file by double clicking it.

3) Open terminal. Issue this command & enter:-

sudo -s

4) Supply your password when it ask you.

5) Copy ApplePS2Controller.kext to your Extensions folder (follow exactly):-

cp -R Desktop/ApplePS2Controller.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

6) Repair permissions (wait until it finish):-

diskutil repairPermissions /

7) Exit terminal & reboot your laptop.

Good luck. :D

kizwan

Hi JaS,

I have installed JaS 10.5.4 at my desktop pc & laptop. Installation at my desktop pc was very smooth. However I face a couple of problem when I want to install at my laptop. I need to use external monitor to install JaS 10.5.4 because I only get blue screen at my internal monitor. This is classic issue but I have not face it with other release (Kalyway 10.5.2, iATKOS v2i & iATKOS v4i). No problem for me. I only need to install Natit.kext file for my GMA950 graphic card after the installation. I extract the kext file from iATKOS v4i DVD.

I thought that the only problem that I need to handle. However, I was wrong. After installation finish, OSX boot ok but it tell me that I need to plug-in my keyboard. My touchpad also not working. So, I plug-in my USB keyboard for my rescue mission :) . At first I thought that I have faulty AppleACPIPlatform.kext file (from my experience :) ), so I extract stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext file from iATKOS v4i DVD. Still not recognized my internal keyboard & touchpad after that. After a while, comparing contents of iATKOS v4i DVD & JaS 10.5.4, I found out that ApplePS2Controller.kext file is not exist in JaS 10.5.4 DVD. So, I extract the kext file (from iATKOS v4i DVD) & install to the Extensions folder. Reboot & my internal keyboard working again.

Specification for my laptop:-

Acer Aspire 3680 (3684NWXMi)

Intel Celeron M processor 440

(1.86 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)

Mobile Intel 940 GML Express Chipset

2GB DDR2

Specification for my desktop:-

Intel Desktop Board DQ35JO

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processors E8200 @ 2.66 GHz

Asus EAH2600XT D4/HTDI/256M (ATI Radeon HD2600XT 256MB DDR4)

LevelOne Fast Ethernet PCI (RTL8139)

2GB DDR2

kizwan

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

Hello all.

I got it installed successfully, but after when it starts to load, it says my keyboard is not recoginzed and then it just stays there forever... doing nothing!

Suggestions.

Hi,

Read my post (above). I may have solution for you.

kizwan

got toshiba a15 to work well (SSE2)

selected ICHx identification during install to get past "waiting for root device" error

used AC97 to get sound (first you need to go into bios and disable devices via OS)

network works automatically!

basic video works automatically, but no QE, there are no drivers for this vid card (850GM)

need to use external keyboard to install PS2 fix to get keyboard/mouse working

didn't get battery meter working or PC card slot yet, if anyone has on this laptop, let me know if you have any solutions

so it works well for basic use, so i'm happy!

thanks

got toshiba a15 to work well (SSE2)

selected ICHx identification during install to get past "waiting for root device" error

used AC97 to get sound (first you need to go into bios and disable devices via OS)

network works automatically!

basic video works automatically, but no QE, there are no drivers for this vid card (850GM)

need to use external keyboard to install PS2 fix to get keyboard/mouse working

didn't get battery meter working or PC card slot yet, if anyone has on this laptop, let me know if you have any solutions

so it works well for basic use, so i'm happy!

thanks

Hi,

This is a couple of thread that you may interested:-

AppleACPIBatteryManager for Tiger and Leopard

CardBus/PCMCIA PC Cards for Leopard

kizwan

Thanks JaS for your release. It is more that I expected. It runs smoothly, like on a real Mac. I installed it on my new second computer, with the same specifications in my signature.

Now I have 2 questions for all of you:

1 - On this computer I still have Leo4All v3 upgraded to 10.5.4. This distro is based on PC-EFIv8 boot procedure, but JaS 10.5.4 is based on Chameleon. How can I remove the PC-EFI instructions without repartition the harddrive? I have 3 partitions, during installation, I have to erase the system one only, but I want to keep the other 2 and I must erase the boot sector with PC-EFI to can Install JaS;

2 - What kext(s) is responsible with the good working of Time Machine? I think I ignored this during the installation on the 2nd computer and I want to install this (these) kext(s) now.

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Cheers

Any update on the status of the PPF that JaS mentioned he is working on?

Does anyone have an ETA?

Ditto.

What is the story with the PPF (patch)?

Did JaS release one?

I am dealing with the NVKush "Post Flight" installation error, is there a work around?

Have tried to install .. but at boot it says

Still waiting for root device..

as i have

Core 2 duo 4400

ATI-HD radeon 256 pci-e

2g memory

2 sata of 500 gs each

one ide hd

one dvd..

does anyone one have same problem ?.

Hi,

Try check your BIOS configuration for your SATA controller. Try change to LEGACY or NATIVE or AHCI or any other choice.

kizwan