JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3

vitalyk

123 posts in this topic

ok, update for me

got it installed and almost everything is working good

i had to pick the my ICH driver / identification to get past the "looking for root device"

when in leopard, my LAN was working already (yes!) but keyboard/mouse were not working, so i installed the Apple PS2 package and it worked!

and all i have to get is sound.... grrr

Really impressed with this DVD.

Just installed it on my P35 DS3R Board , and so surprised with it. ^^ Great, all functions work perfect.

Really nice work with this one. Maybe JaS....^^

One more question i have is : Launch MAYA issue.

Actually, i can not launch maya with this version. after changing the Ethernet address in terminal and restarting, mouse and keyboard both were forzen and could not move any more....

any idea ?

hi, i hope to install your distribution but i have an problem when it stay to end the installation on 98%, where it write "Don't install package the Mac Osx 10.5.4 Combo update install".

Have anybody this may problem. if i reboot the system, it go to kernel panic becasue it don't found the package on HPET.

i hope that anybody i can help me. hi

hardware:

mb dfi bloow iron p35

2 GBt

alc885

nvidia gt7300

Q6600

hdd 500 Gbt

What about the Attansic Ethernet driver. Now I can't setup a network in the Server 'cause the system can't find ethernet.

Or perhaps there's another way to install the attansic kext?

EDIT:

I installed manually the AttansicL1Ethernet.kext when I booted in single user mode. Then from an other disk copied the kext en loaded the kext.

It worked!

I do have a legit problem. When I wake up from sleep, I get the blue screen, no mouse. I also believe there might be a KP there too because I don't hear anything when I increase and decrease the sound volume.

DS3L with AHCI enabled

E2160

8800GTS 320MB Video

I selected the right packages, nothing extra, no plugins, old drivers, just the AHCI ICH9 device IDs and the chipset drivers, audio and video.

Intel Pentium Northwood 2.6

Mobo? HP Compaq d230 (Lite-On)

ATI Radeon x1650 Pro AGP 512MB

1 Gb RAM

Installation was smoothly. I enable the ATI 1600 AGP driver and AGPGart from the instillation option menu.

When try to restart, i enter within start-reboot loop.

Try with -v, the system is unable to load the graphic driver and restart-starting, load Darwin, then two lines and reboot itself.

Thanks anyway-your releases JaS was always good.

Ab9 - motheboard

Q6600 - cpu

4gb ram

SATA HDD

IDE DVD-RW

Trying to set all preferences and solutions in google ( not yet chameleon patch)

Give me com.apple.boot.plist error

Please Jas Fix this if you can. I believe you can.

Also I'm trying to install from usb flash but it's impossible i think but sadly :)

Excellent release!!! :( thanks so much.. it installed without a problem...

I have 3 bugs so far, any idea on how to fix them?

1.- When clicking on "About this Mac" it logs me off the machine, I go back to the login user_name/password screen

2.- Under System profiler, it does not report any memory at all (message on the left pane: There was an error while gathering this information.)... any kext I need to look for this? I installed Mac4allv3 also on this machine and it reports the memory just fine so if I knew which kext I could pass it to server.

3 - When clicking the little arrow on the top tool menu (the one it opens/closes the cd drive) it reads:"no drives", but the dvd type is listed under system profiler and it works just fine when a cd/dvd is inserted.

Dell Optiplex GX270

CPU: Prescot P4 3.0/1mb/800

2gb DDR

Edit: files I used attached.

files.rar

Hey Jas,

I'm having a problem trying to load your distro on my machine. My specs are:

Dell XPS M140

Intel Centrino 2ghz

Intel GMA 950

2GB Ram

I've been running Kalyway 10.5.2 so far, but I'm trying to update or either wipe my hd clean and load yours on, but i can't seem to get the video to load properly. It will either get stuck in the blue screen, or i also tried connecting an external monitor to it, but the video size was too big to fit on the screen.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Hi,

first, thx JaS for this release :)

I actually use Kalyway release but will do a complete OSX re-install soon (because updating from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 broke some files, especially USB support...and after testing manuy apps I found the system polluated so i want a clean install) and I have only one question :

-Is this release automatically install chameloen EFI ? (i mean, crush actual bootloader)

If yes, is there a way to install chameloen EFI without modifying the bootloader (I use Dual boot GNU/Linux-OSX and I want GRUB to be the default bootloader) ?

thx in advance,

GNU_Raziel

HI,

I had the Jas 10.5.2 running on vmware workstation 6.5 beta, i tried to do the same with the Jas 10.5.4 Server.

I got the install until the end, end at reboot it loops. I tried -v, -s, -f, cpus=1. It is too quick to get any error message.

Any idea on that, or on what to do to get it boot? or to get any message?

Tx.

PM

Hey JaS thanks for the release!! Much Appreciated!

So I'm trying to get this on a IBM Thinkpad T42 SSE2 ATI Radeon Mobility 9600

After it installs it hangs for a while at InterfaceNamer: Unable to update UUID

it will then boot, but it takes me to a Blue screen with just the mouse

Boot with -x and i can get it in OK.

I had to install PS2 support, and I think Intel Chipset Drivers and the old USB kext.

I thought I would just post my results for anyone else with a T42!!

Thanks again JaS!!

This new release is kind of perfect ^^ for P35 DS3R board. Thanks.

My configuration is P35C DS3R / Q6700 / 4G Ram / 3 SATAII HDs/ STAT DVD/ Geforce 7600 250M.

After installation, everything works great. But, 3D maya can not be installed, i did use some commands in terminal and solved maya launch issue.

Now, every single application works great..^^

one thing i am so impressed that is Stage XNU Kernel. actually, i did a test with geekbench ( 64bit ).

My previous osx was iATKOS_4i AND Kalyway10.5.2 ( Both were used Original Kernels ) But, these two sorce( Geekbench score ) was around 5240..sth like that. But this JaS DVD stage XNU kernel on the same computer of mine is score 5840...^^ kind of cool...

I would really like to try this release my setup should almost install perfectly.

yeah... i'm port forwarded but getting poo speeds... i've been downloading for like 3 or 4 days now and am only gettin 7kb/s... can someone else post their speed 'bin' it like the above guy said?

This new release is kind of perfect ^^ for P35 DS3R board. Thanks.

My configuration is P35C DS3R / Q6700 / 4G Ram / 3 SATAII HDs/ STAT DVD/ Geforce 7600 250M.

After installation, everything works great. But, 3D maya can not be installed, i did use some commands in terminal and solved maya launch issue.

Now, every single application works great..^^

one thing i am so impressed that is Stage XNU Kernel. actually, i did a test with geekbench ( 64bit ).

My previous osx was iATKOS_4i AND Kalyway10.5.2 ( Both were used Original Kernels ) But, these two sorce( Geekbench score ) was around 5240..sth like that. But this JaS DVD stage XNU kernel on the same computer of mine is score 5840...^^ kind of cool...

I've managed to get it up (had to boot from the DVD, but read the HD; otherwise, I'd get the infamous "Still waiting for root device" error). I couldn't use the StageXNU kernel (when I tried that, I got a panic) and I'm not using the ATI X1600 AGP drivers (I'm using a very basic no-graphics-driver setup first to work out the kinks). Now that I have a solid base install, I can add the ATI drivers (which I know work).

Is the Stage XNU kernel SSE3-only? (That would explain the panic; I'm merely curious.)

I've managed to get it up (had to boot from the DVD, but read the HD; otherwise, I'd get the infamous "Still waiting for root device" error). I couldn't use the StageXNU kernel (when I tried that, I got a panic) and I'm not using the ATI X1600 AGP drivers (I'm using a very basic no-graphics-driver setup first to work out the kinks). Now that I have a solid base install, I can add the ATI drivers (which I know work).

Is the Stage XNU kernel SSE3-only? (That would explain the panic; I'm merely curious.)

Can someone explain how to boot from DVD but read the HD? Very thanks.

Boot error (com.apple.Boot.plist not found) in the first reboot on P35DS3R. Corrected by reinstalment of Chameleon since another HD.

And after that very very fine release ! fastness and fluidity are exceptional!

Thanks so much!

GA-P35-DS3R rev 2.0 / OS X Leopard - Jas 10.5.4 - / 9.2.0 sleep kernel / Core2Duo E 6750 / 4 x 1 Gb DDR2 800MHz / GeFORCE 8600 GT 256 Mo - NVkush - / EFI par Chameleon (install pkg-1.0.11) /

Everything goes well until I reach the point were I have to choose the disk for the installation, and he simply doesn't detect my sata drive.

I'm using a Clevo M660SRU notebook Intel CPU via chipset toshiba 250gb Sata drive.

Thanks in advance.

I've tried to boot the cd but i'm getting a debug kernel panic... how do i fix this? Kalyway 10.5.2 boots as well as Jas 10.4.8

EDIT: I made a video showing my problem. I would love to have this release working. :)

I guess i forgot the link to the video... here it is.