Apply here for your Marvell Yukon 88E8040 solution

aster

114 posts in this topic

I already said it won't load in 10.5.6. kextload produces an error saying it's not a valid kernel extension. I assume it's due to the 64-bit side of things brought about by Snow Leopard.

I think you are underestimating some of the readers of this board. While it may not load in 10.5.x the kext itself would be of value to those working on developing a working driver ;)

If you would upload it to your site or attach it here it would be much appreciated. Im sure "Slice" would appreciate it as well.

thanks,

-Jymboche

Snow Leopard doesn't include driver for the 88E8040, which is 100Mbit adapter. The cards in the official kext are gigabit.

The kext contains drivers for:

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E804A Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E804X Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E804Y Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E804Z Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8055 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8061 Singleport Copper SA</string>

<string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8061 Dualport Copper SA</string>

Snow Leopard doesn't include driver for the 88E8040, which is 100Mbit adapter. The cards in the official kext are gigabit.

The kext contains drivers for:

They identify it as Gigabit and as an 80E804Z which technically doesn't exist but they work, no tweaking required. I used them earlier as shown in the screenshot.

I can report success on my inspiron 1525 running Ideneb 1.4 (10.5.6). Finaly!!!!! :P:D

WORKING Solution for Marvell Yukon 2 88E8040 Fast Ethernet!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1104336

I believe there are a lot of DELL users having this ETHERNET problem with DELL´s Marvell Yukon 88E8040.

Leave your post here so any genius can HELP us making this ethernet to work.

Please, if any has the ability to develop a .kext to make this work, HELP US!!!!!

;)

• 1 month later...
I believe there are a lot of DELL users having this ETHERNET problem with DELL´s Marvell Yukon 88E8040.

Leave your post here so any genius can HELP us making this ethernet to work.

Please, if any has the ability to develop a .kext to make this work, HELP US!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Yees! I need this kext too for my Toshiba Satellite a300. Can't find it anywhere!

Help us please!