Apply here for your Marvell Yukon 88E8040 solution

aster

114 posts in this topic

I believe there are a lot of DELL users having this ETHERNET problem with DELL´s Marvell Yukon 88E8040.

Leave your post here so any genius can HELP us making this ethernet to work.

Please, if any has the ability to develop a .kext to make this work, HELP US!!!!!

;)

Yes... that would be great! :P The other option is the change the ether->usb device by opening the computer. There is a company that makes the board and it should fit the dell computers. They also make OSX drivers and you get a nice upgrade to gigbit speed. http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pIt...00&PLine=71

I haven't given it a try yet...

I have the same problem here, if someone could help making a .ktext we appreciate

Here is the vendor and device ID for the Marvell Yukon 88E8040. (DELL inspiron 1525)

vendor 11AB

device 4354

Help!!

:)

1) Get the device id of the ethernet controller.

Go into Windows -> Device Manager.

Find the ethernet controller and get Properties on it.

For mine, it is

vendor 11AB

Device 4354

it might be different between machines. please check!

Click the Details tab and read the vendor id and device id. The vendor id is going to be "11AB"

2) In OSX, go into Terminal and edit the following file:

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon.kext/Contents/Info.plist

if u get an "Open with" dialog, right click the file and click "Show Package Contents"

Scroll down and find the following:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x436211AB</string>

Replace the bold numbers with the device id you found above.

Save the file.

Exit the file.

3) Delete the following files. In Terminal, type (or copy and paste):

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

4) Repair permissions. In Terminal, type:

diskutil repairPermissions /

5) Reboot

I allready tryied this guide and didn´t work.

Ethernet did not even recognized the plugged wire.

HELP! HELP HELP!

:)

Well, after hours and hours to search, I has been supplied my net necessities with a Belkin USB ethernet adaptor and replacing the damm 3945abg by a DW1390.

BTW I join to the marvell kext request.

In fact, already exist a 88E8040 BSD driver, maybe with this, the master hackers can do the OSX kext.

Cheers!

Come on! I know that there are a lot of pepole needing this .kext

any experts please ! help us!

And if you are one of the ones who needs this kext. reply here and add your request to keep this post alive!!!!

We Marvell Yukon 88E8040 users that allready posted here wont rest untill this .kext is made!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

:lol:

If there was a working kext, don't you think somebody would have posted it ?!

About the FreeBSD patches: If you supply the source of AppleYukon2.kext modifying it shouldn't be a problem,

but until then we just have to wait for Apple to add support for 88E8040 (Yukon FE+), which seems to be

different than the already supported Marvell chips.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure would like a solution to this too. I've got everything working on my dell inspiron 1525 except for the ethernet port. Please let someone find a way to get this to work. Also, I tried the editing of the Yukon2 kext and it didn't work still. I noticed that all of the entries for that are for gigabit ports, so that's probably why it doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I got FreeBSD sources and patches.

I have Apple ethernet sources of Realtek, 3COM, BCM440 and more.

So we need to replace, for example, Broadcom sources by Marvell sources and obtain a driver.

I have very few time for the work. Is there anybody can help me in writing and testing?

I got FreeBSD sources and patches.

I have Apple ethernet sources of Realtek, 3COM, BCM440 and more.

So we need to replace, for example, Broadcom sources by Marvell sources and obtain a driver.

I have very few time for the work. Is there anybody can help me in writing and testing?

I can help. Where is the Realtek sources?

I can help. Where is the Realtek sources?

All sources you can download here

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

free registration needed.

Also you can take other sources from the forum.

Here is my draft project based on AppleBCM440XEthernet, because it is also based on freeBSD sources and we can see difference between MacOSX sources and FreeBSD.

All sources you can download here

http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/

free registration needed.

Also you can take other sources from the forum.

Here is my draft project based on AppleBCM440XEthernet, because it is also based on freeBSD sources and we can see difference between MacOSX sources and FreeBSD.

Hello Slice,

I've got a Marvell 88E8040 ethernet card and i wish to help you to test it in Leopard.

I've downloaded the sources from your link but when trying to compile these with Xcode i got about 150 errors which failed the compilation on my 10.5.5.

Can you explain how you have succeded in compiling this project and how we can test your work?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Slice,

I've got a Marvell 88E8040 ethernet card and i wish to help you to test it in Leopard.

I've downloaded the sources from your link but when trying to compile these with Xcode i got about 150 errors which failed the compilation on my 10.5.5.

Can you explain how you have succeded in compiling this project and how we can test your work?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry, it is a draft with many-many errors. It is only for programmers who want to try to make the driver in cooperation.

Sorry, it is a draft with many-many errors. It is only for programmers who want to try to make the driver in cooperation.

No problems.

So i guess i can't help in anything on this project...

Do you know there are FreeBSD patch for 88E8040 that exist?

Is there a way to patch the AppleYukon2 kext with this kind of patch (made with diff).

I haven't being able to find the AppleYukon2 sources from the darwin sources code.

Thanks for answering.

Regards,