HP DV Series Whitelist BIOS hack

LRZRAGE

309 posts in this topic

I am unable to remove the whitelist or change the bios card info so it could use the new card. Please help by sending my an unlocked bios update for my hp pavilion dv2120us laptop below is the card information.

Released: 2009-05-04

Version: F.3D

bios link

or

bios link2

I also attached the bios file!!!!

old card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4311&SUBSYS_1363103C

E4 14 11 43

3c 10 63 13

new card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11008086

86 80 29 42

86 80 00 11

TTAV134 Wrote:

-Manufacturer: HP

-Motherboard Model: HP Pavilion dv20xx-dv24xx and Compaq Presario V30xx-V34xx series AMD notebooks

-Bios revision: F.3D

-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

-Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43666.exe

-SLIC: HPQOEMSLIC-MPC-HPQ.BIN 2.1

-SLP: HP

-HP Certificate Included

-Tool: Phoenix Mod Tool v1.80

-Method: Dynamic

-Modifier: TTAV134

HP_DV2xxx_30B5F3D_SLIC21_SLP_No_whitelist.zip

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tqucb

Thanks i will try it

05-06-2011, 12:35 AM Post: #4

Nicahlos

Warning Level: 0%

RE: hp pavilion dv2120us bios help to add new pci wireless card

(05-05-2011 11:34 AM)TTAV134 Wrote:

-Manufacturer: HP

-Motherboard Model: HP Pavilion dv20xx-dv24xx and Compaq Presario V30xx-V34xx series AMD notebooks

-Bios revision: F.3D

-Bios Type: Phoenix BIOS

-Bios Download Link: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp43501-44000/sp43666.exe

-SLIC: HPQOEMSLIC-MPC-HPQ.BIN 2.1

-SLP: HP

-HP Certificate Included

-Tool: Phoenix Mod Tool v1.80

-Method: Dynamic

-Modifier: TTAV134

HP_DV2xxx_30B5F3D_SLIC21_SLP_No_whitelist.zip

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7tqucb

before you posted this I was trying to still hack my bios and I messed with and update the bios with my edited bios. then it restarted and now wont show again on the screen all it do is light except for the screen. So I think I might have bricked my bios. I tried every recovery program like crisis recovery disk and such. Can you help me unbrick of fix it please? is there a button that I could press on the motherboard to return it to normal?

05-07-2011, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 07:56 AM by TTAV134.) Post: #5

TTAV134

bad,

Assuming that you know how to obtain the BIOS.WPH file:

download this custom version of "Phoenix CRISIS DISK" http://www.sendspace.com/file/un10da

extract the content, copy BIOS.WPH in the extracted folder.

prepare a USB stick or floppy with WINCRIS.EXE

then it seems that the difficulty is to find the good key sequence to trigger the recovery.

(Usually WinKey+B)

can be:

Hold down: Fn+B or Fn+R or WinKey+B or Fn+B and CTRL+HOME (all the four keys simultaneously) (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F) and while holding plug the AC adapter and press the power button.

If one of the key sequences does not work try with the other one and so on.

But shut down the computer before you try another key sequence.

Now you should hear the floppy drive working, or USB stick blinking, hold the keys for a while and then let go.

Successful flash was signified by a pause after the incessant beeping followed by another beep and the laptop shutting down.

let me know

05-07-2011, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2011 03:41 PM by Nicahlos.) Post: #6

Nicahlos

Warning Level: 0%

(05-07-2011 05:41 AM)TTAV134 Wrote:

bad,

download this custom version of "Phoenix CRISIS DISK" http://www.sendspace.com/file/un10da

then it seems that the difficulty is to find the good key sequence to trigger the recovery.

(Usually WinKey+B)

can be:

Hold down: Fn+B or Fn+R or WinKey+B or Fn+B and CTRL+HOME (all the four keys simultaneously) (On some new Acer Laptop's Fn+Esc and on some new Fujitsu Siemens Laptop's Fn+F) and while holding plug the AC adapter and press the power button.

Now you should hear the floppy drive working, or USB stick blinking, hold the keys for a while and then let go.

Successful flash was signified by a pause after the incessant beeping followed by another beep and the laptop shutting down.

let me know

thank you very much it worked but I don't understand why it did not work with the crisis file I had download before? And I reflash successfully. Do you have a facebook? whats your other expertise? for anyone that has this problem with hp pavilion 2120us to activite boot up flash bios from usb use the windows icon button + B and follow the instructions above.

(05-07-2011 05:41 AM)TTAV134 Wrote:

bad,

(Usually WinKey+B)

can be:

let me know

the lights came on and the usb one too then

I only had one beep after a few seconds then few more seconds it shutdown and I restart all is well now. the file you gave that has no white-list I had to merge them with the hp bios folder for it to work cause when I just copied the Bios whp file and place it in the one you gave it wouldn't work so I merged the folders and wale it worked thanks alot man. tell about your other tricks I want to learn more for my computer career**!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Guest alan.ocs

Hi Lrzrage,

Can you please help me i want to add Apple Airport Extreme N on my HP Pavilion DV6700 Laptop currently i have Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Card installed.

Notebook Model: Pavilion DV6700

Product Number: KW825UAR#ABA

Processor Type: 2Duo T5550

Installed BIOS Version F.58, can I update for F.59A?

Installed OS Mac Os 10.7.1 running in x32, my video card Intel GMAX3100 don't work in x64.

Can you pacht a most recent bios for my laptop?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got an HP Pavilion from my sister in law,

model dv6000. GA448UA#ABA

Bios Ver F.3

Sys Board ID 30B7

I tried flashing the bios with the file linked previously in this thread but doesn't seem to be working.

However last night I had flashed the bios with a different version, it didn't work at the time, but when I turned on the laptop today it connected just fine... now after having rebooted it and later in the day it's back to not even trying to find a wireless signal.

Using a Netgear wireless adapter doesn't work either, the laptop will not even open up the network wizard that comes with the drivers or recognize the adapter after it has been installed.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I just tried your F58A patched BIOS on a HP DV6755ca yesterday and it worked like a charm! I was a bit nervous but since I had the unpatched F58A installed before I was quite confident that it would work.

I have a nice Apple logo at bootup in bonus!

My Broadcom wireless card is working great on Windows, now I believe I just have to apply the appropriate kext in OSX and i'm sure it will work fine.

Thanks.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Here I am reviving a very old topic. Sorry for that!

My DV2315NR is still alive and it needs a N wireless card, (B/G is no longer working with newer APs)

It's BIOS is the 30B5F3D (F.3D), and the original card is:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4311&SUBSYS_1363103C&REV_01
(Byte Sequences: E4141143 and 3C106313)

I have found both sequencies in MOD_5100.ROM replacing them with the new card's data wasn't enough.

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002B&SUBSYS_2C371A3B&REV_01
(Byte Sequences: 8C162B00 and 3B1A372C)

The result is just a black screen just after POST. Doesn't boot from the harddrive or any DVD or attached device.

I'm using Phoenix BIOS Editor (2.2.1.3) and HxD to change the MOD_5100.ROM.

Has anyone had any success with this BIOS?

Is any one willing to try to disable the whitelist completly?

Thanks a lot in advance.

30B5F3D.WPH

• 4 weeks later...