HP DV Series Whitelist BIOS hack

LRZRAGE

309 posts in this topic

Thank you so much for the patched F.59A Bios !!

It worked flawlessly on my HP DV9530eb (DV9500 Series) !!

Now the Bios lets me boot with my BCM94321MC and it is immediately recognized as Airport in OSX !!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if anyone is still doing mods. I have a Dv7-1232 with F49 bios. I am trying to install an Atheros AR9280.

Here are my Device id's:

New

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_1000168C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_1000168C

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&CC_0280

Old

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_137A103C&REV_01

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_137A103C

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_020000

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&CC_0200

Will attach bios

Thanks in advance

sp45071.exe

Yes! Yes! Yes! :D

I did it. It took a while, and I had to use HxD instead of Winhex (couldnt get Winhex to save for some reason). I just needed to figure out witch Ven Id and Sub Id to overwrite. After some trial and error I got it. Thanks a lot to Bluesbro for the tutorial. Couldn't of done it without ya.

Suckit HP

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

1. Download the F.58A bios update from HP and go ahead and install.

2. Stop after install and do NOT flash

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

4a. Under the [uI].. set hideall=0 and add in Advanced=1.

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

7. Flash and let your laptop shutdown

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

**EDIT** - F.59A is now out. I have done the same patch to it as I did the F.58A. I haven't had a chance to test it out on my system yet. But I don't think it should cause any problems, nothing changed in regards to stopping the whitelist check.

could you edit this file for me, ive a dv7-2110sa but needs to be enabled for me to use, keeps saying ive the wrong notebook. would be so gr8ful as mi havent a clue, and dont want to distroy my laptop, since its £600 worth of computer, cheers bud. Robbie

sp48896.exe

• 2 months later...

I've managed to use a BCM 4322 without need of a modified bios.

Everything is perfect except that rfswitch (the button on laptop that turns wifi on and off). Its always on red colour (mens off @ windows) even if the wifi is enabled. But has response some times, drops the connection and then airport cant turn on again ! ;) Which apparently its not what is supposed to do as function. However that maybe means OSX through a patch or something like this can support rfswitch feature.

Has anybody a HP that rfswitch working?

thx

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Guys,

Here the F59A Bios with whiteliste removed and Slic2.1 included.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RM56YIE8

or

http://hotfile.com/dl/21095953/99f5c8f/F59...lic2.1.zip.html

Workd fine in my DV9859, be carefull with your laptop, if needed check Crisis recovery item on posts above.

Regards

Dcaman

Hi Dcaman,

BIOS works so far fine. I try to use a BCM94322MC Mini PCIE, but on startup iI got only a black screen on my HP DV9580eg.

Have you any ideas or help for me?

Thanx LaCruz

OK everybody... anybody using the patched F53 Bios for the HP DV9000/6000 (I believe) .. you may have noticed that there is a new one out F.58A. Well I am glad to say that it is successfully patched. With the guidance of kevd_hackins post and the initial doctor j one, I was able to patched the newest one F.58A.. I also added in a nice little mac apple instead of the HP INVENT at the begging of your BIOS. This will allow ANY wireless cards!! I just got my broadcom card today, flashed my bios, saw my nice little apple at boot up and bam i was in OS X with browsin the internet on my new broadcom card. Goodbye 104 Unsupported error message.. lol... anyways.. the linked BIOS contains version F.58A and has a apple logo (if you would like the original HP invent, PM and i can make arrangements).

3. Exit out and go to C:\SwSetup\SP36774. (this sp number will be different for different BIOS)

4. Edit the phlash.ini (either under swinflash(32bit system) or Winphlash64 (64bit system)

5. Right click the flash.exe and run as administrator and this will allow you to specify the BIOS (swinflash.exe=32bit and winphlash64.exe=64bit)

6. Choose the patched bios that you downloaded.( .WPH file) (Vista users might have to disable UAC)

8. After the laptop has shutdown completely, wait a little bit and then hit the power button

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs.

Enjoy

If you have a DV series laptop and you are having problems with the dreaded 104 unsupported error message. Post here with your bios version, Ven ID, Dev ID, and subsys ID of your original wifi card and I might be able to help you out.

**EDIT** - I have patched the original F.58A bios to bypass the whitelist and left the original HP Invent by request. Enjoy! (Labeled HP 30CCF58A)

**EDIT** - The BIOS F.29 for the DV6000t system(intel) is patched and can be located here - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=124283

**EDIT** - F.59A is now out. I have done the same patch to it as I did the F.58A. I haven't had a chance to test it out on my system yet. But I don't think it should cause any problems, nothing changed in regards to stopping the whitelist check.

hi

hope you can help me fix my bios.

i have a hp pavilion dv2 1010eo with this bios file : f.27.A this one :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...453&sw_lang=

and i have this card Sierra wireless MC8775

emei 352678010025408 13

ic: 2417c-mc8775

fcc id : n7nmc8775

hope you can help me fix et so i not get the erro 104 when i install the card on mylaptop.

best regards

kasper

• 1 month later...

Anyone help me out here?

I have a Compaq V6000 laptop, motherboard died so I replaced with another 'V6000' motherboard. Turned out the original board was a AMD 64 and the new one was Intel. Not so bad, it all managed to fit back together and booted, all functional now in terms of booting.

Then the 104 error re: wireless. I'm not quite sure why this is, given the motherboards were swapped - I thought the wireless was contained on the motherboard, maybe not?

I can't get past the 104 error ie: access Windows, so I'm limited to BIOS or (PhoenixBIOS) really.

In BIOS it lists the version as F.29...

After reading all this information around the net I think I need to update the BIOS and whitelist so wireless works? Does that seem right?

So the question really is.. how do I upgrade the BIOS and whitelist when I am unable to access Windows? I don't even think I can get into dos... I am looking at the following list wondering how to achieve this??? HELP, PLEASE

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs

Anyone help me out here?

I have a Compaq V6000 laptop, motherboard died so I replaced with another 'V6000' motherboard. Turned out the original board was a AMD 64 and the new one was Intel. Not so bad, it all managed to fit back together and booted, all functional now in terms of booting.

Then the 104 error re: wireless. I'm not quite sure why this is, given the motherboards were swapped - I thought the wireless was contained on the motherboard, maybe not?

I can't get past the 104 error ie: access Windows, so I'm limited to BIOS or (PhoenixBIOS) really.

In BIOS it lists the version as F.29...

After reading all this information around the net I think I need to update the BIOS and whitelist so wireless works? Does that seem right?

So the question really is.. how do I upgrade the BIOS and whitelist when I am unable to access Windows? I don't even think I can get into dos... I am looking at the following list wondering how to achieve this??? HELP, PLEASE

9. Boot into OS X and if your card is OS X friendly, you might have to add it in through Network under system prefs

Terror-D,

Isn't it easier to pull out the wifi card, then start a windows and apply the patched bios ?

Regards

DcaMan

• 3 weeks later...

I have a DV6000 AMD more specifically (DV6812nr), and im trying to edit the VEN and DEV in the to add support for a wireless card

I have pheonix Bios editer, hexedit and Edit pad.

does anyone know what it is im looking for in the files when i have hex edit open

also if anyone would be willing to do it for me that would awesome.

I have a DV6000 CTO (AMD dual core) system, I would like to put an atheros Wifi card into it. But as usual the 104 error has stopped me. Much to my irritation. I have searched HP's website and I cannot find any info for my specific model and what the current BIOS version is. So my question is which BIOS is most current and which is the current hacked version that will let me use the wireless card.

I believe that the BIOS I should install is the F.59A BIOS posted about by LRZRAGE at the very beginning of this thread. I just wanted to check in with the community and get any advise, and make sure of the version I should install before I make any changes.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

there is a more current bios out for the dv 9700t dated 04/2010. any change of getting that bios patched as well? I am attaching it here.

sp48024.exe

• 2 weeks later...

So nobody gets confused, the new bios is labled F.5A,

not F.59A

- Fixes an issue where an "HP Battery Alert" message may be displayed after updating the operating system to a Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System.

Does this mean it supports win7 now? because it says its only compatible with vista and xp...

hi ,everyone!!!!

Do u know of any F.2E whitelist patched bios for dv2000 series laptop.

I would really like to get my DW 1490 to work ,instead of the Intell ®Wifi Link 4965agn card ,which have no support in os X.

If u can patch my bios here it is:

I have a dell wireless 1490 card

with Broadcom 4311KFBG chip i

would like to use.

P.S WIRELESS IS VEEEERY IMPORTANT in THE HACKWORLD. :rolleyes:

Any help would be appreciated,

Blowteck9

sp41959.exe

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pc: dv 9000

hello i am having problems flashing my bios, after downloading the bios provided by hp and checking the specs, everything looked fine, however the setup shows this bios is not for your notebook message, strange as it is! just reading through it says dv9000 compatible with windows xp mce. regardless i extracted the installer with winzip to get my hands on the bios. obviously that message makes me nervous but i decided to proceed and follow the steps as described, editing the winplash.ini ect ect. i finally got the advanced settings to show up on the phoenix flash thing, selected the patched bios and started the process, however just before it could finish, flash and restart an error came up saying bios not for my system, or something along those lines.

im going to try putting vista on there and see if hps badly made wizard will actually work, i mean why does it matter what os i use?

anyway in the mean time is there a manual way i can do this via usb stick?

---:edit

after a change of underwear i got it working, ha ha, thanks so much!

just use f.29 patched bios no need to update flawlessly done

i welcome the help thank you from trafficface

I am unable to remove the whitelist or change the bios card info so it could use the new card. Please help by sending my an unlocked bios update for my hp pavilion dv2120us laptop below is the card information.

Released: 2009-05-04

Version: F.3D

bios link

or

bios link2

I also attached the bios file!!!!

old card

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4311&SUBSYS_1363103C

E4 14 11 43

3c 10 63 13

new card

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4229&SUBSYS_11008086