new folder automatically named as "untitled folder"?

SLy CaT

6 posts in this topic

I have a problem with finder. Whenever I'm in list view mode and I create a new folder, it automatically finishes the renaming process. This happens both when I use the menubar to create the folder and with the keyboard shortcut. This appears to only happen in list mode.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens?

I'm running 10.5.4 on my macbook

Yes it does!?

BUT, it immediately sets it in edit mode,(makes it blue) so that when you start typing it removes "untitled folder" and replaces it with what ever you wanted to call it! It's only weird if you start thinking about it! :dev:

Next thing, you'll be thinking...."why are unicorns PINK and NOT WHITE as some people believe them to be?!"

SticMAN

no, i mean it immediately finishes the renaming process. I can't just start typing to rename it. I have to go and manually start the renaming by pressing the enter key.

If your in a directory where you have files that it is creating the thumbnails for then for every thumbnail left every time you try to edit and finder completes showing a thumbnail it will take you out of edit mode, damn annoying behavior IMHO.

Ooooh. Yeah, it's fixed now by disabling icon previews for list mode.

I wonder if this would count as a bug, heh. It's extremely annoying.

Anyway, thanks a lot for solving this problem. I couldn't figure out if it was a 3rd party app that was screwing with this.

Ooooh. Yeah, it's fixed now by disabling icon previews for list mode.

I wonder if this would count as a bug, heh. It's extremely annoying.

Anyway, thanks a lot for solving this problem. I couldn't figure out if it was a 3rd party app that was screwing with this.

Your welcome, its a bug alright whether Apple will fix it is another thing...