Vista's Security Rendered Completely Useless by New Exploit

105 posts in this topic

Yes, it's the most used, but it has nothing to do with being a target :(

This exaggerated and sensationalized rhetoric gets repeated over and over again, and is now officially an urban myth.

I can see where this is going, and it's getting a bit off topic from the original exploit issue. The larger user base theory has been debunked ad nauseam. I suggest you google it if you want to learn the facts.

Then what explanation do you have for Windows having virus's? Because Windows has security holes galore? That's obvious, as I said before, not one Windows OS has had good security. That's why there's third party security programs.

Actually, its true that Windows is the most targeted. No denying that.

There is more people using Windows, and therefore more of an incentive to create spyware and adware that lures people into buying their anti-virus/spyware solutions. Its a huuuuuge market. Heck, it doesn't stop there -- trojans can easily communicate files and keystrokes, which output sensitive information like credit cards, etc.

All the more reason for me NOT to use Windows!

All I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with the market share myth. Rule number one: an operating system can only be as secure as it's framework allows it to be. Historically windows framework has always been deplorable. All they can do is keep patching it up with more band-aids.

I stayed with XP Pro, and OSx86, and Linux. I'm ok.

did anyone actually read the article? Even the OP? Its not only vista douche bags. Why do mac fanboys love to spread misinformation so much? Is it because "it just works"?