BIOS modding

Jedric

58 posts in this topic

Here you go folks.

There's nothing to it Really.

Just download the DMICFG.EXE here on Stikmans thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=35831

Its a DOS based program and its for AWARD but it worked on my AMI BIOS.

NOTE: Make sure you back-up or do a print-out of you DMI settings just in case you want to revert back. Just Google "CrystalDMI" just copy your settings on a notepad or something....

Boot up in DOS. Yes DOS.... not windows DOS prompt.

Run the DMICFG and edit the following according to the way you want it. (You can go to Geekbench site and copy the info of the Mac Pro Early 2008 if you like)

-Bios Information

Bios Vendor (Seems to be read-only) on almost all MB.

BIOS Version

-System Information (This is for the System profiler)

Manufacturer

Product Name

Version(does nothing really)

Serial Number

-Base Board(This is for your Motherboard info)

Manufacturer

Product

Serial Number

Optional

-System Enclosure or Chassis

Manufacturer

Serial Number

The serial number is picked up by OSX system profiler propely from the DMI. Just have an issue on my CPU speed not sure why its showing 3.8GHz but its already doing that even before the DMIEDIT. Must be my AppleSMBIOS.kext.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a way to get rid of the PnP device listing after the POST/Full Screen OEM graphics ?

Not sure what MB you have. Asus MB have custom logo, so text on post does not show up(can be adjusted in the BIOS settings). You can create a black background in photoshop or gimp so it just looks like a blank black screen on post.

Unless you have that option in your bios theres no way to get rid of it. So solution would be to buy a new MB.

Not sure what MB you have. Asus MB have custom post boot logo, so text on post does not show up(can be adjusted in the BIOS settings). You can create a black background in photoshop or gimp so it just looks like a blank black screen on post.

Unless you have that option in your bios theres no way to get rid of it. So solution would be to buy a new MB.

Not sure what MB you have. Asus MB have custom logo, so text on post does not show up(can be adjusted in the BIOS settings). You can create a black background in photoshop or gimp so it just looks like a blank black screen on post.

Hm...Have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P. There is an option in BIOS for a custom full screen OEM logo.

I want to get rid of:

GFX Card info (first thing we see on screen). This can be done via a gfx card bios editor.

POST info. This can be done via the way you describe. I've already done that: Bios Info, "Press DEL", RAM Testing, HDD+DVD probing are gone.

After POST though, there is another final screen with PNP Device listing, with info such as: Vendor ID, Device ID, IRQ, Device Type. This is the screen I'm after getting rid of.

Any hint appreciated.

Hm...Have a Gigabyte EP35-DS3P. There is an option in BIOS for a custom full screen OEM logo.

I want to get rid of:

GFX Card info (first thing we see on screen). This can be done via a gfx card bios editor.

POST info. This can be done via the way you describe. I've already done that: Bios Info, "Press DEL", RAM Testing, HDD+DVD probing are gone.

After POST though, there is another final screen with PNP Device listing, with info such as: Vendor ID, Device ID, IRQ, Device Type. This is the screen I'm after getting rid of.

Any hint appreciated.

I dont think it would be that simple to remove, it might be a part of your bios sequence, you can try the rebel forum mentioned in my first post.

• 5 years later...

Hi,

New to this, so please go easy on me :)

ASUS P5K SE motherboard.

I have followed this thread and managed to flash my BIOS with the image required, have also removed the INTEL Logo (FO module).

Now all I want to do is modify Module 21 "Press tab to display BIOS POST message" and remove this text on boot up.

With MMTools, I can't delete it...it says "21h is a non editable module"

ok, extract it with a Hex editor....found the sting (hope this is the right word)....it had highlighted a whole lot of numbers....I deleted them, saved the file.....

I thought I was on to a winner here.....now replace the new file...but..... same problem "non editable module"

Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong, and how to fix/solve this please?

You will have to spell it out, I'm no guru with this stuff

Cheers

After Burner

• 3 weeks later...

Hey afterburner do you relise the last reply made here was from 2009 :hysterical: .

• 6 months later...