10.4.1 works better than 10.4.5.. why?

Ritchie

5 posts in this topic

Well I recently install a 10.4.5 MAC on a Compaq nx9105 notebook, takes a while to boot a lot of errors login window problems network recognized but not working... very unstable... I try deamoo's image and everything working great quite fast boot network works everything that 10.4.1 supports..there are some issues that solved on 10.4.5... Why is that...? is something with kernels or the kexts..? I try to load 10.4.1 kext to 10.4.5 but was unable to load them.. I read somewhere in the forum that they use different kernels...

Is there anyway to find what's wrong in the 10.4.5 installation from my 10.4.1 so maybe with a little editing I can fix this, and works fast as 10.4.1..? :D

any diagnostic program from apple or third part..?

:blink::):blink:

well i havent noticed any big speed difference on my system other than the fact that my ati 9600 has qe and ci working now albeit with a lot of graphical glitches. But to answer your question about kexts from 10.4.1, i know at least from the IONetworkingfamily.kext that i grabbed from 10.4.1 and put on 10.4.5 that it doesn't work. It looks like its been completely rewritten calling classes that don't seem to exist in 10.4.5.. if i can figure out where these classes are being called from i might be able to do something, but unfortunately its probably being called from the kernel. I want to look into recompiling the kernel and seeing if modules are a solution to some of the problems that at least I have been having, such as my intel 82557 card not working.. if more things can be compiled into the kernel specific to your machine it might be very useful..