Ralink RT61 mac driver development effort

Andy Vandijck

36 posts in this topic

I'm going to try to port the linux RT61 drivers to mac.

Anybody want to help me with this?

Note: I could use any documentation on the mac airport class hardware anybody could find.

I found something that may be of use to us.

It's a source package for a mac WLAN CardBus driver.

It's not yet the result we need, but it's a starting point.

Just need to adjust the sources for PCI RT61... ;)

Linux sources should be furthermore a nice starting point.

I will keep you guys up to date about my efforts.

WirelessDriver.zip

Guest BuildSmart

I was under the impression that this card already had a working driver cause one of the version of the LinkSYS WMP54G used this chipset.

I was under the impression that this card already had a working driver cause one of the version of the LinkSYS WMP54G used this chipset.

The wmp54g 4.1 (the one i have) uses rt61 driver by ralink but the rt61 driver provided by ralink is for ppc only and it doesn't work for leopar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart
The wmp54g 4.1 (the one i have) uses rt61 driver by ralink but the rt61 driver provided by ralink is for ppc only and it doesn't work for leopar.
Not true, I had this working on a friends hack with a LinkSYS card and it works as expected, if you had looked a little harder you would have found the universal binary version of it.

I'm finding that most here with any kind of issues are so lazy that if you don't hold their hand and give them everything they want on a silver platter they're too dumb to resolve it on their own.

WMP54Gv4.tar.gz

I am still working on the new driver.

Will test the CardBus package but I doubt it will work for the RT61 since normally it's only PPC kext.

Haven't checked it yet, will let you know...

Hi Andy, please continue with the port. Unfortunately, the file posted by BuildSmart does not contain an Intel driver - it only had the PPC version. Not only did it not work, it froze my system upon boot and I had to hold down the power button to shut it down :-( I am using iATKOS v2.0i on an HP Compaq 6710b.

Wish you lots of success! I can't use my inbuilt Broadcom 5787 nor the Intel 3945ABG wireless. I am trying hard not to get an external USB NIC :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hopefully this development for the kext is not dead, is it?

My iPC destribution is running like a ferrari but the only thing that keeps me away from using it as first os is no internet. Please don't say it's dead ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

bumping here, 1st day on my Hackintosh, using my other laptop PC to write here...

i'm using iAtkos 10.5.5, a tutorial for GA-P35-DS3L, it's been running flawlessly, now i've found kexts for my mobo, and there are 2 things holding me on XP:

* TV tuner card, which arleady on windows is picky (Sh**y ENCORE ENLTV-FM with a Phillips chip)

* WMP54G v4.1 card (whyy whyy THIS version doesn't work lol... it's like murphy's laws)

specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (yay! the one türk team recommends for iAtkos :):lol:)

Intel Pentium D "Presler" CPU @ ~2.8gHz

1x 1GB Kingston DDR2 667mHz

160Gb Western Digital (IDE) HDD

MSI GeForce 7300LE 128mb

Generic CrystalSoundFusion sound card (used for Gameport/MIDI only)

Encore ENLTV-FM analog cable TV capture card (worked on linux, hope does here :P)

Onboard Realtek ALC888 sound

Onboard Realtek LAN

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...