NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS, can't get VGA or any video port to work.

Daft_Punk

7 posts in this topic

Well, as many of you may or may not know I have a HP dv9540us. I want to use the VGA port or any video port for that matter. The other ports I have are S-Video and HDMI. I read the OSx86 wiki and edited the info.plist in NVinject.kext, I think I know what went wrong though.

I edited the info.plist and put the NVCAP info as stated on the wiki and put the info as follows:

NVCAP: 04000000 00000100 02000000 00000007 00000000

This entry is in entriesToAdd or something titled like that. Do I need to move it up in the tree using the PLIST Editor (I use the default PLIST Editor that came with Leopard :) )

I need to restart now and get more specific info. I'll post as soon as I can find that damn ethernet cable of mine...

Update:

Ok here is a screenshot for the Info.plist in NVinject, btw should the NVCAP info be in NVinjectGo instead? I'm clueless on this guys. Hope you can help me out.

picture1zd7.th.png

Hope anyone here can find a cure for me lol

Oh and btw, does anyone know if anything else in the entriesToAdd section needs to be filled in? Such as "VRAM,totalsize"?

This really needs to be answerd, school is coming up and we use computers a lot so i need this to work for a projector.

well theyrs a thing on the Wiki that says it can be done, and ppl hav reported a success.

:D im very sad no one will help