[GUIDE] Leopard on an XPS 1330/1530

wingrunr21

1,088 posts in this topic

Out of interest what sort of core CPU temps are people seeing under both 10.5 and 10.6? With and without disabler.kext. How does this relate to what you get under windows?

I'm getting my mainboard replaced in the next day or so. Had a couple of thermal shudowns under 10.6 and windows. Can only load up the system for about 2 mins at full load under windows before it drops CPU back to 1200MHz for thermal reasons...

Average temp for just browsing under osx is about 60 - 62*C. Under Windows it is similar, although I rarely go back into windows these days. Running prime95 under windows would see temps spike to 99*C before dropping back to high 80's with the CPU at 1200MHz and 98 - 100% utilized.

Just trying to see if people are seeing similar results. I also need to keep the back of the laptop raised when sitting on a table or it overheats!

Hey bret

Any work around for shutdown / Restart issues and low sound ?

cheers

I'll second that.

I think the shutdown/restart issue is the one critical final issue us 1330/1530 users have left.

Is it a problem that can be solved by a new kernel, dsdt and/or kext, or is this as yet an unknown cause?

jkbuha

Hello All,

Just started using this forum and guides and I got further installing OSX Leopard than before. Now I come to the point where it needs to recognise my keyboard, I press the key and it accepts that, lastly I choose NOT to transfer data from another MAC or so. After waiting it comes back with the same message about recognising the keyboard and transferring data a.s.o. and this story repeats itself endlessly.

Any ideas?

Asus K8V-VM

Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD; AMD patch test1

USB keyboard/mouse (both work)

Hello All,

Just started using this forum and guides and I got further installing OSX Leopard than before. Now I come to the point where it needs to recognise my keyboard, I press the key and it accepts that, lastly I choose NOT to transfer data from another MAC or so. After waiting it comes back with the same message about recognising the keyboard and transferring data a.s.o. and this story repeats itself endlessly.

Any ideas?

Asus K8V-VM

Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel/AMD; AMD patch test1

USB keyboard/mouse (both work)

Just click cancel, it is looking for an external keyboard...

i've started a new DSDT from scratch so far adding: HPET patch, some renaming of devices and EHCI patch

using bits and pieces from all over the web

so far

my LHS USB is working perfect with HPET and USB patches applied

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement is loading

Sleep/Wake is working

clamshell sleep

p-states

to do:

C-States

PCI Devices

Audio/Video Injection

i've started a new DSDT from scratch so far adding: HPET patch, some renaming of devices and EHCI patch

so far

Sleep/Wake is working

clamshell sleep

p-states

to do:

C-States

PCI Devices

Audio/Video Injection

I think the sleep/wake will stop working once you got the nvidia driver to activate :)

so far

Sleep/Wake is working

clamshell sleep

p-states

to do:

C-States

PCI Devices

Audio/Video Injection

Sounds great keep us updated. I have been working on my DSDT with another person for my Asus Maximus Formula X38 chipset and everything works. Needed to add PATCHES, DTGP, HPET, RTC then some tweaking with the Sata Patching some audio script in the DSDT in order to get my AD1988b FXII PCI audio card to work along with the kext for that audio card in the /extra/extentions. It has to have both some script in the DSDT and the kext to have audio fully working. Maybe this will be the case with the M1530 Blaster Hi Def? Shutdown/Restart workes with openhalt and some DSDT mod patching for the SATA and sleep/wake worked after DSDT patching the USB/UHCI and EHCI. The IO Addresses have to be slightly changed in order for USB/Sleep/Restart to work properly. Again DTGP patching needs to be in place or none of the other patching will work.

Unfortunelty I cannot extract SSDT from my motherboard to get the c-states _CSS so I will have to load the nullpowermangemnt kext and sleep enabler I suppose.

Did you use acpidump in linux live CD to get the SSDT tables and where do you place them in the DSDT?

We will need a complete guide just on the DSDT alone which will be a major task for many of us and still for the experienced a lot of pain and hard work.

Also can't forget about what BIOS version we currently have. New BIOS basically means you have to extract a fresh (VANILLA) DSDT from a NON DSDT override OS like linux or Leopard 10.5.5 or any leopard without DSDT override. You don't want to extract a DSDT from a system with a loaded DSDT!!

ABOUT THE SOUND:

Maybe instead of Device (AZUL) we should use Device (HDEF) along with the kext to make audio work right? Thats what I did for my AD1988b FXII PCI AUdio card and works 100% all outputs all connections.

Thanks

got some good news

thanks to Slice

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

we now have voodoohda support for our internal microphones, hdmi, and all audio ports (ex. front mic at the moment) w/ working mute

the sound corruption after sleep issue is still present

ive also got an x86_64 build including all of ab__73 fixes for trackpad (i.e. 2 finger scrolling for m1530), along with trip2me keyboard fixes play/stop etc in itunes for most users

my m1530 dsdt is almost complete here it is below w/ many cosmetic little fixes and what not.

i.e. my Video BIOS version, my Intel WiFi card (awaiting camphor), p-states (specific for t9500 i think), support for smbios macbookpro4,1 w/ p-states, audio device information , no more usb errors !

thanks to chrysaor/brandon for that dsdt and others

only issues for me now 64-bit card reader, c-states, sound after sleep, restart/shutdown

VoodooPS2HDA.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

Hi to all.

Pls, dont think bad about me for my request but, I know only this thread where there are good friend.

My question is, can I install Snow leopard on my machine without problems?

If yes, please can I have a link with a good guide to follow?

Its a good idea an retail clean installation or a upgrade from Leopard 10.5.7 system.

Really thx to all. Thx.

Hi to all.

Pls, dont think bad about me for my request but, I know only this thread where there are good friend.

My question is, can I install Snow leopard on my machine without problems?

If yes, please can I have a link with a good guide to follow?

Its a good idea an retail clean installation or a upgrade from Leopard 10.5.7 system.

Really thx to all. Thx.

I have exactly the same spec as you by the looks of things right down to the processor and I have had snow running for quite a while. I'll be honest and say all this dsdt stuff is right over my head so all i have done is install snow with some kexts and I am working without sleep, shutdown, restart, headphone socket and media keys, but other than that everything else seems to be working just nicely.....(don't know about speedstep, but noone seems to be able to tell me how you know this is working)

@ anth0ny

thx for the reply.

I have a 10.5.7 and it works dearly but, as u know, sleep shotdown and restart dont works.

So, I have thought to use snow in order not to have these problems.

Well, if with snow the problems are the same...

I dont use mac for all my works but only for some of they.

The machine go well as all the software.

Therefore, the problems haven't been resolved?

@ anth0ny

thx for the reply.

I have a 10.5.7 and it works dearly but, as u know, sleep shotdown and restart dont works.

So, I have thought to use snow in order not to have these problems.

Well, if with snow the problems are the same...

I dont use mac for all my works but only for some of they.

The machine go well as all the software.

Therefore, the problems haven't been resolved?

Hi D Lab,

I think some of the chaps here on this forum have the sleep, shutdown and restart working, but I am not sure how. I use OSX as my main OS as it is so much nicer than windows, just have to use Win7 for windows development is all. Dunno if someone here can shed any light on the sleeping issue?

so far

Sleep/Wake is working

clamshell sleep

p-states

to do:

C-States

PCI Devices

Audio/Video Injection

That's great!! I hope you share it! :)

I think the sleep/wake will stop working once you got the nvidia driver to activate ;)

I have sleep/wake working (no hibernate) with the modded applehda (from infinitemac). Sound works after wake as well... no distortion. only speakers and line out works tho...

Snow_AppleHDA.kext.STAC9228_M1530.zip

got some good news

thanks to Slice

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

we now have voodoohda support for our internal microphones, hdmi, and all audio ports (ex. front mic at the moment) w/ working mute

the sound corruption after sleep issue is still present

ive also got an x86_64 build including all of ab__73 fixes for trackpad (i.e. 2 finger scrolling for m1530), along with trip2me keyboard fixes play/stop etc in itunes for most users

my m1530 dsdt is almost complete here it is below w/ many cosmetic little fixes and what not.

i.e. my Video BIOS version, my Intel WiFi card (awaiting camphor), p-states (specific for t9500 i think), support for smbios macbookpro4,1 w/ p-states, audio device information , no more usb errors !

thanks to chrysaor/brandon for that dsdt and others

only issues for me now 64-bit card reader, c-states, sound after sleep, restart/shutdown

timmyj9, Any way I can get the SSDT0.aml and SSDT1.aml files from you? They can be extracted using Linux ACPIDUMP.

My M1530 will be back soon if you cannot do this. Do the SSDTs generate a _CST? SOmetimes they only generate _PSS so there will never be a way to fix the c states if the SSDT does not contain information on it. I cannot extract _CST information in my SSDT0-SSDT3 Quade Core Prcocessor, only _PSS states from my ASus Maximus Formula Desktop Motherboard.

Didn't Densen extract them into the DSDT.aml already? Densen if you can here me can I grab those SSDT0.aml and SSDT1.aml files from you?

WIll the M1330 and M1530 have the same information? Its processor dependent right?

@anth0ny

thx again for reply.

I hote also that someone help me and u to resolve the restart, shotdown and sleep problems

and that someone can say to me how I can use Snow on my machine.

Thx to all.