Security Update 2006-002 Mac OS X 10.4.5 Client (Intel)

domino

32 posts in this topic

Hmm, I was under the impression the the loginwindow from maxxuss update decrypted patch was for 10.4.5. I might be way off here. That's why I didn't didn't use his patched loginwindow on my 10.4.4 install. I think it's pretty obviouse that most of the members who replied on this thread and the other one are using Intel based boards. That's another reason why Intel PC and AMD PC needs to be seperated.

the Security Update 2, does not need maxxuss patching as the Disk Util Repair, is broken like it was in security update 1, befor maxxuss released the patch....tho this could be because i havent re run the amd cpuid_patches again....but not sure (re run the cpuid_patches.txt) after the security update 2, and it will fix the disk util :), and work nicely :)

Yours

Ben

will post when re run that

I just installed 10.4.5 on a new hard drive and it worked brilliantly but when I installed the 002 update i could no longer boot OS X. It froze after it recognized my video card and onboard audio. So I reformatted and reinstalled the 10.4.5 as is and I've been good. After reading through the post I am confussed as to if everyone else had the same problem but simply copied the original "loginwindow" file back over?

Thanks for the help!