• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ChocolateJeff

ChocolateJeff

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
What's up with Apple. I read from somewhere a long time ago that Apple had "relations" with the Blu-Ray association or something like that. Why then are the Macs still behind in the "HD" game? This issue has been in my mind for quite some time now but I never really thought of it until my buddy bought his first blu-ray disc and popped it into his laptop and WOW! I was a little shy to show my macbook. :)

Blu-Ray is getting more and more popular these days. I'm not sure but does ANY Mac have the capability to play Blu-Ray/Burn Blu-Ray? Is it a hardware thing or a "driver" and software thing? (I'm guessing hardware) I have Vista on my computer too (don't flame me) and I wonder if I can play Blu-Ray there... hmm

Oh well.. Blu-Ray is just awesome, just wow, the quality is stunning. The audio, video.. OUT of THIS WORLD.. amazing

Superhai

Superhai

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 1,425 posts
Yes, Apple is board member of Blu-ray association. As I have haerd about the rumors, it is the drives that are still too powerhungry and large. But I am sure it is right around the corner.

Zaap

Zaap

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts
The One Steve commands us that disk-based media is a sin. :unsure:

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
The drive is about a big as any other drive right now, about as long as older ones though, but that's about it.

ChocolateJeff

ChocolateJeff

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I wonder if Apple will allow me to upgrade my Mac's optical drive if they eventually decide to put it into their "NEW MACBOOK" coming soon in aluminum. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy