Fixing the Goddamned C500's BCM4311 (FULLY RESOLVED)

REVENGE

97 posts in this topic

Chun-Nan and tattootroy best regards for u.thank u for all.I have dv5280ea(dv 5000 intel whitelist bios) and azurewave aw-ge740 (atheros 5006eg on win32) id 168c,001c.working on Kalyway 10.5.2.

But yes its kill cardbus and intel pro 100 VE nic.

Take a look!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=983715

a new IOPCMCIAFamily kext is out!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyboy still happy with 10.5.6 upgrade, where IOPCIFamily is of v2.5?

Info.plists of Chun-nan's and its IOPCIFamily is exactly same except version number and license period.

Downgrading from v2.4.1 to 2.5 arise a fatal error, including IOPCI2PCIBridge as I remember.

Anyboy still happy with 10.5.6 upgrade, where IOPCIFamily is of v2.5?

Info.plists of Chun-nan's and its IOPCIFamily is exactly same except version number and license period.

Downgrading from v2.4.1 to 2.5 arise a fatal error, including IOPCI2PCIBridge as I remember.

my friend why you need this upgrade?

7:~ 3k$ sudo -s

Password:

Sorry, try again.

Password:

bash-3.2# chown -r 0:0 /system/library/extensions/iopcifamily*

chown: illegal option -- r

usage: chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] owner[:group] file ...

chown [-fhv] [-R [-H | -L | -P]] :group file ...

bash-3.2# chmod -r 755 /system/library/extensions/iopcifamily*

chmod: 755: No such file or directory

chmod: /system/library/extensions/iopcifamily*: No such file or directory

bash-3.2# touch /system/library/extensions

bash-3.2#

the problem is this :

bash-3.2# chmod -r 755 /system/library/extensions/iopcifamily*

chmod: 755: No such file or directory

how can i solution this problem?

wish you answer

thanks

Chun-Nan

This is awesome man.. i went a bought a Mac compatible USB adapter as i was totally frustrated with earlier attempts to make the internal wlan work. Now i all golden.. this works like a charm

i just have one issue. the wifi does not remeber my SSID/network. everytime i restart i need to open network prefs and select my SSID to make it work.. any ideas?

TIA

Ramesh

Compaq C300

Broadcom 4311 WLAN Radio

Realtek ENET

IDE Mode for Harddisk

IDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3

Chameleon

WinXP+Mac OS X DualBoot

Chun-Nan

This is awesome man.. i went a bought a Mac compatible USB adapter as i was totally frustrated with earlier attempts to make the internal wlan work. Now i all golden.. this works like a charm

i just have one issue. the wifi does not remeber my SSID/network. everytime i restart i need to open network prefs and select my SSID to make it work.. any ideas?

TIA

Ramesh

Compaq C300

Broadcom 4311 WLAN Radio

Realtek ENET

IDE Mode for Harddisk

IDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3

Chameleon

WinXP+Mac OS X DualBoot

Figured it out myself... Installed the Airport 2008-004 update and deleted the following files from /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

• com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
  • com.apple.network.identification.plist
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Restart Mac & Now Airport works like a charm

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i tried the kernel iopcifamily.kext (leopard) and get a kernel panic. i'm on 10.5.6 ipc osx

12appleacpipci is not compatible with its superclass, 11iopcibridge superclass changed? (as an error)

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.appleacpipci

then i have still waiting for root device

can anyone help?

It seems to kill the trackpad and the keyboard on my c300 on iPC 10.5.6. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, but it seemed to work perfectly on the iDeneb 10.5.5 I was running before.

iLife 09 is going to be the end of me.

Geiga, did u select Fix Keyboard? because it fixed my trackpad and keyboard problem. Cloudy, can you check what version is your IOPCIFamily.kext? mine showing 2.5 and as soon as i put the Chu-nan kext (2.41) i had kernel panic.

Sorry, lof. I formatted my HD and reinstalled iDeneb v1.3 10.55. iPC10.5.6 was unstable and very frustrated to use, because of mainly strange mouse behaviour.

But there's no KP with Chun-nan's kext. It worked very well and stable.

Now I am considering installing XxX10.5.6 or iDeneb v 1.4 10.5.6. Have ever tried them?

[edit]

Installed iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6. See my sig.

Guest BuildSmart
Hi REVENGE & mehdymehdy,

If you are using Leopard, you can give this IOPCIFamily a try to see if your BCM4311 works.

Backup your old IOPCIFamily before trying it. In addition, double checkt the file permission and cache before restart the computer.

DO NOT use it on Tiger or it will cause Kernel panic.

Chun-Nan

IOPCIFamily.kext.zip

Is the source going to be available soon?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need some help please. I have installed it and used the instructions, but I am still unable to use internet. I cannot see My wifi adaptor anywhere. I have checked the forums, but I can't find anything

My laptop is a normal Compaq C300

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I need some help please. I have installed it and used the instructions, but I am still unable to use internet. I cannot see My wifi adaptor anywhere. I have checked the forums, but I can't find anything

My laptop is a normal Compaq C300

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Use the Eureka's kext on #28 of this thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=904446

It still works well on my iDeneb 10.5.6.

See my sig.

Just want to confirm that I have a Toshiba M105-S3084 laptop with the Intel 3945ABG (which still has no fix for OSX), I switched it out with the Broadcom BCM4311 and it works perfect.

All I had to do was cover pin #20 on the pci e card.

After you start up OSX and connect to a network, it will say "Connection failed". All you have to do is restart once and voila, now it works great always.

I now have a 100% working Mac Pro, thanks to all you guys.

Keep up the good work!

Mac OSx - iDeneb 10.5.5

1.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

2 GB DDR2 PC2-4200 RAM

120 GB (60 GB OSX & 60 GB Vista)

Intel GMA 950 (ICHx)

Realtek ALC861 (iDeneb has fix built into installer)

every time I try to install this kext on my iPC 10.5.6 it makes my computer not be able to boot. It just gets stuck at the apple logo. Has anyone managed to get this working on iPC 10.5.6? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

That's what happens to me. I have tried this 11 times (honestly), and every time it happens, or I can get in and nothing has changed and it is still the same as before (no internet).

Thanks for the reply Cloudy, I'll try again, but I doubt it will work.

It didn't crash, but nothing has happened. Airport doesn't do anything, it just tells me to rescan. My BCM4311 doesn't appear under network in settings. All that appears is Ethernet. Is there anything I am not doing?

P.S. I am using Leo4all (v4.3 [the most recent one I think...])

Thanks

I'm having issues on a Presario C502US... I install the kext and when rebooting with -v, I see these problems:

12AppleACPIPCI is not compatible with its superclass, 11IOPCIBridge superclass changed?

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPCI.

Couldn't alloc class "AppleACPIPCI"

From here I can't boot.. any ideas?

I'm installing this on an xxx 10.5.6 install. Are there any special packages I need to install when first installing the OS?