Fixing the Goddamned C500's BCM4311 (FULLY RESOLVED)

REVENGE

97 posts in this topic

holey snap!!! maybe i tried the wrong version or something i will definately give it a shot tonite ...celio did you try any special version?

i have problems installing the kalyway verion....it causes a kernel panic i just have to remove the card during the install.....

im so stoked!!!!

I have tried two version, kalyway and leo4all and all two work.

With kaly i can power off pc with button and i cannot on-off wireless.

With leo4all i cannot power off pc with button but i can on-off wireless with blue-light button.

bye bye

holey snap!!! maybe i tried the wrong version or something i will definately give it a shot tonite ...celio did you try any special version?

i have problems installing the kalyway verion....it causes a kernel panic i just have to remove the card during the install.....

im so stoked!!!!

I have tried two version, kalyway and leo4all and all two work.

With kaly i can power off pc with button and i cannot on-off wireless.

With leo4all i cannot power off pc with button but i can on-off wireless with blue-light button.

bye bye

im actually installing iaktos 2i right now i think it is 10.5.2...i have tried to install kalyway and ToH but i always get a kernel panic fromt he broadcom on the install, im hoping this will work because i really hate pulling the wifi card out all the time to install it (yes i tried disabling it in the bios to)

can i get this strait when i replace the IOPCIFAMILY.kext should i just replace and utils/check perms???

--edit tried this and kernel panic next boot up

or should i follow these instructions

(replace viarhine with IOPCIFamily.kext)

Copy the ViaRhine.kext to /System/Library/Extensions.

* Open Terminal and write "sudo chmod -R 755 /System/LibraryExtensions/ViaRhine.kext" without the quotes

* Enter your admin password

* Write "sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ViaRhine.kext"

* Write "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache"

* Write "sudo rm -R /System/Library/Extensions.mkext"

* Reboot

--edit did this and system seems a little slow but i got a baseball diamond saying to turn it on but wont turn on first reboot it did turn the light on the switch, but hung on boot powered off and rebooted light wont turn on, but does show wireless card type: thirdparty wireless card

DUDE!!!!! after the bcm enabler (prob because i have a dell wifi card) it works omg chun-nam dude you are like my hero!!!....i love you man!!

any idea's on the system seeming sluggish though have 1.5gb of ram the standard 1.5celeron chip i think it is......on second thought reading this over im running iaktos 2i and its real sluggish to, maybe its the iaktos build imma try my kalyway load see if iaktos could be the problem

Hi guys,

Here are the new revsions of IOPCIFamily. You can use tools (like OSXTool or kexthelper) to install the kexts or you can try these steps:

1. Make sure "IOPCIFamily" is inside "System/Library/Extensions"

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

4. Type "chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily*"

5. Type "chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IOPCIFamily*"

6. Type "touch /System/Library/Extensions"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Hi! Is the one attached on post #10 the latest beta 3?

I tried it on my Toshiba Satellite L310 and got some partial success. Sometimes I would get kernel panic halfway during booting up, or freeze after awhile, sometimes just hangs while booting halfway.

Ever managed to boot up and configured the wireless and run safari to get online 2 or 3 times, and that's about it.

I'm using iATKOS 4i installation.

Hi CyberTron88,

This one is not the same as the beta3. Beta3 didn't double check to see if the ethernet/wireless device really get the correct memorry resource. Beta3 mainly foucus on pccard issues. Maybe in the future, I will try to combine those two together.

Chun-Nan

Lately I have tried 2 versions of macosx leo4all 10.5.2 and kalyway 10.5.1.

With Kalyway is somewhat slow and the on-off button of the wireless light on but does not work

instead the button turning on your PC works.

with Leo4all the on-off button of the wireless work fine and the button up-shutdown pc does not work.

I would like to have both operating buttons.

Hello

Hi celioregolik,

I don't have leo4all and kalyway so I am not sure what version of IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily they have in DVD.

Chun-Nan

Hi! Thanks very much!!!

This one works perfectly with my Toshiba Satellite L310 so far, with a HP broadcom 4321 which I managed to "rebrand" it and detects properly as a airport without having to dun the patch :( .

Hi guys,

Here are the new revsions of IOPCIFamily. You can use tools (like OSXTool or kexthelper) to install the kexts or you can try these steps:

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Hi CyberTron88,

This one is not the same as the beta3. Beta3 didn't double check to see if the ethernet/wireless device really get the correct memorry resource. Beta3 mainly foucus on pccard issues. Maybe in the future, I will try to combine those two together.

Chun-Nan

Hi celioregolik,

I don't have leo4all and kalyway so I am not sure what version of IO80211Family and IONetworkingFamily they have in DVD.

Chun-Nan

Chun-Nan,

Thank you!! I dont know what you did but this thing is SOOOO much faster now, and even tho this is a single core CPU, it really seems to fly. I would say its faster than XP SP3. Now I am going to check it out with my sound apps and see how it handles them.

Thank you again for all your hard work and help with resolving this issue for me and the others.

Amp

Guest BuildSmart
Hi guys,

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Hi CyberTron88,

Chun-Nan

Hi celioregolik,

Chun-Nan

Is the source available?

Hi guys,

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Chun-Nan

BIG thanks to Chun-Nan!

Fantastic! My HP C300 Tiger(10.4.10) works beautifully.

I am writing this reply on my Tiger!

Thanks thanks thanks.

cloudy

Chun-Nan

Hi celioregolik,

Chun-Nan

Good information... I will try varyous version of kext and I will give you my progress.....

Bye e thank thank you very much!!!! :(

Let it be Known to ALLLLL KINDREDS TONGUES NATIONS AND PEOPLE That CHAN-NUN is hack3r extraordinaire

Thank you

Thank you

Thanks.

Thank you so much.

Did I say that already?

THANK YOU!!!!

P.S. I bet if you set up a paypal account people will give you money for what you just did... Because yOU ROCK. THank you.

Hi guys,

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Hello, I tried installing the Leopard version on my 10.5.5 msiwindosx version using the kext helper. I unzipped the file and clicked and drag the whole folder into the helper. It seemed to have installed correctly but when I rebooted, I got a kernel panic. Any wrong procedure I did?

Hello, I tried installing the Leopard version on my 10.5.5 msiwindosx version using the kext helper. I unzipped the file and clicked and drag the whole folder into the helper. It seemed to have installed correctly but when I rebooted, I got a kernel panic. Any wrong procedure I did?

You said that you dragged the whole folder? Yes, it's realy a folder, but usually OSX recognizes it as a file, ie, a kext file.

So if you unzipped the file you downloaded, you should get a file called IOPCIFamily.kext.

It would be a good idea to try to unzip on OSX.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Chun-nan, thanks for revising IOPCIFamily yet again, it's already one awesome piece of code. ;)

Has anyone actually tried this out on the C500?

Works perfectly on C300. I don't there's big difference between C300 and C500.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, great job guys, and special thanks to Chun-nan / Eureka, the wireless is working perfectly now!

I'm guessing that all versions of Chun-nan's IOPCIFamily starting with this thread's revision should work perfectly now. Really nice job.

Hi guys,

2. Open "Terminal"

3. Type "sudo -s"

7. Exit "Terminal"

8. Reboot the OSX

Chun-Nan

Leopard:

IOPCIFamily.Leopard.zip

Tiger:

IOPCIFamily.Tiger.zip

Hi CyberTron88,

Chun-Nan

Hi celioregolik,

Chun-Nan

any help for me

• 2 weeks later...

Same here,

I've got the HP dv5285ea (dv5000 series) fully working after some patching (usb, natit, etc ...)

but the stupid thing is, my ethernet is down too when using this kext, the wireless is working, but when i replace this kext with the other one i once installed to get my wired ethernet working, the wired ethernet is back to "cable unplugged" issue ;)

*Edit*

I actually fixed my usb problems through changing some IOUSBFamily kext (AppleEhci) and replaced it with a kext found here on this forum PCEHCI or something like that ;) not sure anymore :)

Same here,

I've got the HP dv5285ea (dv5000 series) fully working after some patching (usb, natit, etc ...)

but the stupid thing is, my ethernet is down too when using this kext, the wireless is working, but when i replace this kext with the other one i once installed to get my wired ethernet working, the wired ethernet is back to "cable unplugged" issue :)

*Edit*

I actually fixed my usb problems through changing some IOUSBFamily kext (AppleEhci) and replaced it with a kext found here on this forum PCEHCI or something like that :P not sure anymore :P

you should also post in this thered so mabe some one could take a look at the issue

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry975163

Hi..

Using a HP Pavilion dv5236om inter cpu laptop.. using dw1390 (4311 (14e4) pci-e mini card).

With original kext everything works but the laptop seems slower than normal... with the new kext it kills ehernet , pcmcia and firewire... but wireless works.

any update on the works? Thanks!!!