9800 GX2 with Kalyway 10.5.3

MrRorschach

2 posts in this topic

After lots of problems I am running Kalyway 10.5.3 with a 8800GTS without many problems. I run with the Vanilla kernel and used the latest nvinject installer and everything seems to be fine (although it doesn’t like rebooting sometimes).

I’d like to buy a 9800GX2 but am a bit worried about compatibility. If I want to run a single GX2, will I need to follow this tutorial [HOW TO]: Make 9800GX2 work in Mac Leopard 10.5.3! QE/CI Enabled! (M/B XFX 790i SLI) (bearing in mind a month has passed since its posting and time has passed)? Is there an "easier" way to get things running?

Cheers,

The way described in topic is really easy, but it work only for him cuz it work on nforce 790i mobo.

I have evga ssc 9800gx2 from about 3mounts, still no hardware acceleration, in thinking about buy second card as 8600, just for get a decent hw video.

at the moment the only 2 that successed make working 9800gx2 is aquamac and the guy with 790i mobo. this is whole community.

So with this scenario you still look for buy 9800gx2? im very pissed, but well my fault, the day i bougth it i though it was compatible as older models, instead look like this video card will never work on osx.

good luck.