Security Update 2006-002

effortless

56 posts in this topic

ahhh... found it:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/sec...lientintel.html

says it also contains security update 2006-001, so yeah it would break your x86 install. gimme five and i'll check it out

--

yeah, the loginwindow.app is in there. either install with Pacifist (leaving out loginwindow), or follow Maxxuss instructions for 2006_001 after you've installed this. and if it works, let us know. The rest is mostly updates to Safari, Mail, iChat and PHP

The safari update breaks saft. Click on saft contents, then open Info.plist in text editor and run a search for "CFBundleVersion" and change what appears below to "417.8". Then it will work again.

I installed via pacifist, skipping loginwindow. After rebooting the update still shows up in software update. Is this because of the "old" loginwindow file?

thats the way it works:

make a backup of /System/Library/CoreSerices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow

install 2006-002 via software update BUT NOT REBOOT.

restore the loginwindow file, reboot.

That way it does not show again in software-update.

we don't need the new loginwindow, because it has not changed, but was build again for 2006-002 (and softwareupdate knows which buildversions you have installed, its in the file version.plist but we take that file from 2006-002, so softwareupdate is happy).

/sebastian

do we just make a copy of the "loginwindow" thats inside the "core services"?

because I can't seem to open that to get to the /contents/macos/loginwindow part.

To get to this file

Right click on "loginwindow" app in CoreServices and select "Show Package Contents".

Open "Contents" folder.

Open " MacOS" folder.

Replace "loginwindow".

kaos