IOPCCardBridge Start Failed

JadaZ

63 posts in this topic

I tried to pull out IOPCCardFamily.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, AppleUSB*.kext, but nothing changes...

I have installed natively on my second (phisical) partition by VMWare, Mac Os X 10.4.7. in VMWare i can boot, natively not....

I don't know what to do... whatelse kext could stop booting?

Look carefully at the boot in verbose mode (-v at boot)

check to see what is causing the kernel panic, then remove it from the extensions folder with MacDrive or Vmware

move the IOPCCardFAmily...kext out of extensions folder, delate the m,kext and kextcache and reboot , should work fine, i have had the saame problem with my 10.4.8 than yhere is solution for this texas controler, my is working fine, i'll post later how to fix it.

probably you will find some problems with apic error too (nedd to delate the acpi kext for cpu, or boot with cpus=1 but it enables only one core (but works)

I booted always in "-v" mode...

I obviously tried to move out ioppcard.kext out of the folder but nothing changes...

P.s. HP ZE5600 has not 2 core... it is a celeron processor based...

post a screenshot let us see what what happens during boot...

J.

move the IOPCCardFAmily...kext out of extensions folder, delate the m,kext and kextcache and reboot , should work fine
:( you mean you have PCMCIA cards working in your OS x86 install completely without any IOPCCardFAmily.kext ????

• 2 weeks later...

hello there...

excuse my ignorance... I am having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite P4 installation... I'm using JaS.10.4.6 DVD and I identified the kexts that are causing problems with the -v option when booting... now.. how do I unload those kexts before booting..

in BSD i would use <unload driver> what's in Darwin?

kextunload driver.kext

is that correct?

and if I want to kextunload more than one?

thanks for your time!

Mestam

• 1 month later...

My laptop is HP nx9010. same problem!!

but when I move out pccardfamily.kext or move out pccardfamily.kext and delete extensions.mkext and kextcache, I still can not boot.

-v mode got the error messege:

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><StringID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><String ID="2">boot_uuid_media</string></dict>

something like that.

any suggestion? thank you.

• 1 month later...

Does this hang on the apple boot screen when you try to install or when the OS is already installed in the hardrive. My computer hanged at the apple boot screen after I installed the OS and I reinstalled. I used a custom install and deselected everything except for the stuff needed and it could boot.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
I just speculate here, but since this notebook was booting 10.4.1 OK if the platform=X86PC kernel option was used (and only in this case for me - comments others?) it really looks to revolve around ACPI.

this doesn't seem to work for me, i have a Compaq Presario 2500 series and a 10.4.1 dvd labelled Marklar-Tiger.iso. whenever i use the platform=X86PC the kernel goes into panic mode on the point of "can't find drivers for "X86PC"".

• 2 years later...

Hello,

i made it work after this error :

IOPCCardBridge Start Failed

On a thinkpad T60.

In the BIOS configuration

Serial ATA (SATA)

selected option was Compatibility, i changed it to AHCI

then reboot and enjoy. :)

Hope it will help someone ...